The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's our best player by a country mile but Im unsure about him as our captain. He's to emotionally involved and needs a cool head to captain a team in situations like we were in against Arsenal. He should have encouraged the team out either verbally or by where he positioned himself . He sat far to deep .

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

Our best player and probably one of our best players even when he plays s***.

People who criticise him with the excuse, ‘He was poor today by his own high standards’, need to f*** off.

Almost single handedly got us promoted and has been the best player on the pitch for large parts of games against Everton and Arsenal. 

He’s f****** brilliant and I find it sad that some on here will only realise that when he’s playing for another team.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’m pretty sure people about to come at me but ahwell - I seriously think Grealish could/should be doing better. Yes he has unequalled quality with regards to being our best technical and most skilful player however we should be getting more from him. 

everyone is clamouring for him to be playing for England and I too feel he is more than capable but I think it is this desire from him that is slightly having a negative impact. We can all clearly see he is trying ever so hard and I can’t fault his effort but I think this is slightly to the detriment of the team.

For a player we hold to such a high level and one who we have so much expectancy of I’m sorry but against ten men he should be controlling the game. Monday night we panicked against ten men, Jack included, as our “star” man and now “leader” he should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck and controlling the midfield and not panic, time and time again he made the wrong decision Monday and was sloppy in possession.

the same can be said today, first half he was pretty hopeless and gave the ball away numerous times, watching the game live you can clearly see his desire but his decision making was off. Yes he did excellent for our second goal but again against ten men I would expect jack to dictate the game but second half we were passed around which is dissapointing.

we all know Jack is a brilliant player so please don’t think this is anti Jack post but surely people must see that we could/should be getting a lot more from him. Just because he is a good player dosent also mean he gets a free pass for a poor performance. Right now  Mginn looks to have made the step up to PL a little easier than Jack.

Up the Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark_1989 said:

I’m pretty sure people about to come at me but ahwell - I seriously think Grealish could/should be doing better. Yes he has unequalled quality with regards to being our best technical and most skilful player however we should be getting more from him. 

everyone is clamouring for him to be playing for England and I too feel he is more than capable but I think it is this desire from him that is slightly having a negative impact. We can all clearly see he is trying ever so hard and I can’t fault his effort but I think this is slightly to the detriment of the team.

For a player we hold to such a high level and one who we have so much expectancy of I’m sorry but against ten men he should be controlling the game. Monday night we panicked against ten men, Jack included, as our “star” man and now “leader” he should be taking the game by the scruff of the neck and controlling the midfield and not panic, time and time again he made the wrong decision Monday and was sloppy in possession.

the same can be said today, first half he was pretty hopeless and gave the ball away numerous times, watching the game live you can clearly see his desire but his decision making was off. Yes he did excellent for our second goal but again against ten men I would expect jack to dictate the game but second half we were passed around which is dissapointing.

we all know Jack is a brilliant player so please don’t think this is anti Jack post but surely people must see that we could/should be getting a lot more from him. Just because he is a good player dosent also mean he gets a free pass for a poor performance. Right now  Mginn looks to have made the step up to PL a little easier than Jack.

Up the Villa.

He was controlling it for the first 15 or so minutes in the second half. He was running the show. Then we started to sit deeper and he along with McGinn was knackered. He was superb today, no way was that a poor performance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He was controlling it for the first 15 or so minutes in the second half. He was running the show. Then we started to sit deeper and he along with McGinn was knackered. He was superb today, no way was that a poor performance.

Yes. I'm definitely in the 'Grealish could do better' camp up until now but today was exactly the performance I've been looking for. He was a lot better than McGinn today as well.

• Like 1

He might have played well in parts, but that wasn’t a Captain’s performance. As Captain, he should have made sure we didn’t sit so deep and for that he needs to be more vocal and commanding. There is only a certain amount Smith can do, so if it wasn’t tactical for us to sit deep, then would have liked to see Grealish command/organise our formation on the pitch.

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pangloss nailed it. 

I do however wanna give him some responsibility today for our loss. While he played well, he should have been the main man who made sure we didn't fall too deep, and throw away an obvious victory.  

If he doesn't play like Superman there's always an asterisk. If Dean Smith couldn't stop us from falling deep, how would Jack do it on the pitch? We were deep because our legs were gone, not because we were lacking motivation or leadership.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He did my head in all game. Dived for the pen, crying like a little bitch for everything else.

If that was a villa claim, we'd be saying it was a stonewall pen.

Engles came across him and yea, he went down easily, bit Engles shouldn't have even been going in there.

Last time we were in the Premier League Jack was an inconsistent, precocious youngster, who most regarded as being in danger of wasting his talent. 

First 18 months in the Championship he was good, but not amazing, then the second 18 months he was pretty much the best player in the Championship. 

Now people expect him to be at his very best week in week out in a Premier League that has improved exponentially in the past 3 years. Overall, he is heavily involved in many of the positive things we do, and has also been at fault for some of our failings. 

However he is still a very young player and still learning, and as the captain and key player of one of the biggest clubs in the world, he is doing an amazing job. What other player out there has had to contend with this? 

Yes, he probably needs to be more vocal as captain, and he's not above reproach, but given all of the above he's doing an incredible job and will only continue to improve. 

Fans just need to be a bit more patient with him. 

• Like 1

Â