The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He says he's a number 8 or number 10 we'll, if so, he needs to stop being back in his own box during open play. That is killing him because he's going from one box to the other and he's probably too tired to make the right decision at the end of it. 

• Like 1

Again I don't think he is quite good enough to be a box to box midfielder in the Prem yet, though will be in the future.  I'd try and keep him as close to Wes (or Davis) as possible.  His problem is that he is so predictable as the oppo knows that he won't pass the ball out to the left because he has no faith in Taylor, so they can just cut off the space for Jack to run forward or find a throughball.  Dean has to make a change at left black now, it was nice he gave Taylor the shirt for the first few games and he has been alright but time for someone else.

What is Jacks problems with not shooting he could of let one fly early at one point and instead looked for the pass. I actually think he could of netted that one as well instead of trying to go foe the karate kick he should of giving it diving header.

I thought the midfield three worked very well last night. It was our most balanced midfield performance of the season so far. I don’t think Jack had his best game but he was still influential. He looks like he is trying a bit too hard to be brilliant. It will come for him.

He's had some very unnecessary criticism on here last few weeks but last night was probably the worst I've seen him play.  So many wayward passes, even simple ones, over trying everything. 

He's needs to relax and get back together his normal game. 

Grealish... What I can say about him..

I think he did well "No.8 Roles" he is good at this be fair on him and some fan don't like what he did, even i understand why Smith play him to better create from deep and keep ball this reason Grealish play this area... but I notice one thing he is not use his talent to strenght in 2 areas which he was very effective in championship beside his great killer pass and good eyes to pass, draw to foul.  2 things he is very good use these and he is bit afraid to do this 

* Long Shot, he not try often this when he is do bang to try see if goal or not. he is hold this back and give McGinn do this job but i think he and McGinn should Shot anytime see opening and try hit and Wesley will running to Rebound and goal.
* Dribbling to great open space he is do this in deep but question why he not do this in Thier box it is would bring Pen chance or pass to player like he is did Cystal Place, why he not try this again, what he is afraid or he under order don't do this to don't want ref booked him for fake diving when he not often do like Noble did yesterday which he is should sent off. (would down to 8 men) 

why he stop do these ? that why Grealish not play well in premiership as he did in championship.

but personally I always him to try again in left winger so he got passion to track back and bring ball to forward, will well with Targett Overlap, to more threat in left as we did in right, Jota and Freddie even swap winger occassion

* Start Left and do cut in with overlap with Overlap to drag defence to width to open centre to dart throught with Grealish, even Jota skill dribbling close control to chance to goal and create, cross in by cut in, killer pass. when ball in other side move to Zone 10 so give 2 threat in deep and dart into box if he read that Jota attempt cross in End Post area, will better result over our 3 avalible winger.

Swap to Right running to Byline and drag to pass Full back cross to box, to give time other side winger to running threat extra in End Post, like Albrighton and Downing with L.Young | Lowton in Right Back and I Cant remember Left Back, Amari, or Cissisho (he is not that great) else did to us in past. even dribble by byline will more option to pass to finish off by wesley and other players will logical move by these.

even plenty option include these if Grealish move in left winger

* Lansbury in No.10 will solve the problem or No.8 both suitable his area. (433 or 4231)
* Jota In No.10 will add threat for Hassan or El Ghazi in play other winger, (we actually need Bowen or Lolley that why i keep moan want them move to Villa)  
* Bring Houricane in this roles for extra set-piece threat (433)
* 3 back Luis and Marvelous as 2 DM with one of them burst forward to support, with McGinn Late Running into box, and Long Shot threat. (4231 or 4213)

Or, 

4-2-3-1 will better him even "No.10" he need push forward and advanced area to receive to quick attack from there will result highly effective and chance to goal, to penerate them quick, rather deep to bring ball to forward it is can effective in occasion but quick and precision is a vital important in games.

this reason we so slow to execute to move in advanced area to chance to goal.. but this problem West Ham got already wall back to defend killer pass and easy defend against cross as too many back that why we failed to goal yesterday, credit to West Ham Game Strategic, it is work well for them.  

IF we play same team but only altering is.. two (three) change is Targett for Taylor and Wesley for New Forward, Try play Davis for now until jan, Play Hassan and Jota until Jan to buy Bowen (or Lolley) and Benrahma (Both of them) will better option.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
forget grammar rules in some area.

i actually voted him MOTM. seemed like he was always trying to make something happen. wont single him out for his passing because everyone's was poor last night. seemed to be growing in confidence, taking players on etc

He's still our best player going forward. Was the best player on the pitch for 45 mins last night. 
If anything, he was guilty of trying to do too much which led to some poor passing. 

The people that are criticising Grealish need to remember where we were last season without him and the current quality of our wingers. Maybe we should take aim at the front three instead...you know, because they're all piss poor? If we go down this season, it wont be because of Grealish, it will be because our wingers dont seem to be able to score or create goals with any consistency. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brilliant block from Rice shot as well as it looked dangerous 

I thought Rice was brilliant for West Ham last night, especially when they went down to 10 men.

As for Jack, he did loads of defensive work, he did loads of attacking work, by about 75 minutes, you could tell he was absolutely knackered.

McGinn was knackered. 

I think Smith should have bought on Lansbury or Conor, or both! We were desperate for fresh legs at that point, and with West Ham down to 10 men, I think the fresh legs would have made better decisions. 

• Like 1

A lot of criticism of Jack last night and he did misplace some passes but:

- He drops deep to help out the midfield and defence when the opposition break, from there he carries the ball out. If he were to stop dropping in so deep we would likely not have been as good defensively. It's not always about the man making the tackles it's the pressure on the opposition cutting out passing lanes that helps to keep clean sheets.

- He covered every blade of grass last night and desperately tried to drive us forward. He's not always helped with the movement around him and as the game went on he started to panic and misplaced passes. His tiredness showed in the last 10 minutes but taking him off is always a risk when he can produce moments of magic as he did against Crystal Palace.

- The subs didn't really help his game, he needed legs around him to help him out carrying the ball and providing options to pass to around the box.

Couldn't fault his effort and endeavour last night. He was as committed as anyone... but it was frustrating to watch. Not his finest hour by any means. He even says as much in his post match interview. Not the first time this season his passing has been lacking, and affording the opposition a chance to counter. This time, we weren't punished for it, unlike Spurs for example.

I like the guy, but he can be frustrating to watch. Time will tell if he can elevate his performances to consistent Premier League level.  

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

last night jack had given everything and for me his legs had gone with 20 minutes left he then became very poor.With the kind of money that has been spent we shouldn't be in a situation where we won't or can't take him off.

We had to buy a lot of players though. We spent a lot, but it was spread relatively thinly for a Premier League team. I'm not sure we had much other choice either. We were obviously in for two more by all accounts. 

Â