The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He got clattered by Cahill there, thigh to thigh. He fell like that to minimize the contact/absorb the blow. You can see from the way Cahill fell there holding his thigh that it hurt. For someone like Jack who's been getting cleaned out his whole career, he's had to perfect that to avoid injury I'd imagine. Make no mistake, he would have fell down even if he took the full force of the hit and fell "naturally" and it would still 100% be a penalty.

• Like 1

I agree with the comments of @KenjiOgiwara and @Keyblade and have a few issues with the new clip and the given interpretation.

For a start, it begins just AFTER Cahill's left knee/thigh has smashed into Jack's left thigh – Cahill's left leg is already on the rebound from it and, as we know, he was floored by the impact. (I appreciate that the moment of impact in that angle's original footage is obscured by Kevin Friend, but he would not have been obscuring his own view – so it is not quite true to say this is the view he would have had).

Secondly, it is suggested that Grealish's left foot is thrown out to the left in an unnatural way. I disagree. The left foot actually doesn't move a great deal at all. The REST of Jack – everywhere above the left knee – moves to the right quite significantly, in keeping with a forceful impact above the left knee. This is what magnifies the impression / illusion of the left leg being "thrown out". Jack was clattered. He did nothing wrong whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2019 at 20:44, Keyblade said:

Harry Kane has the plain, boring, "good guy" image, a family man. While Jack has the floppy undercut and the rolled down socks and small shin pads and generally carries himself with swagger and likes to party. People make stupid generalizations in their heads based on inconsequential things like this.  

Yup, I actually played football at the local rec ground yesterday and since I get there quite early before our time slot, I end up talking to a couple of guys who work there.

I live in Nottingham and it’s a Forest-owned facility, so naturally most of the guys running it are local lads and Forest fans. We were chatting about the ‘incident’ and whereas both of them agreed it was the wrong call, one of them goes, ‘Yeah, but I bloody hate Grealish. In fact I’d say he’s about my most-hated player.’

Naturally I scoffed, and he’s clearly just a jealous Forest fan, but I humoured him and asked him why.

’Honestly? Mainly it’s the shin pads thing. Totally unprofessional. And his hair too. That and he’s always going out getting pissed on holiday and posting it on social media.’

I told him how dumb that all was and pointed out some facts to him, but that’s the image he probably has with a lot of fans of other clubs and the wider media. Complete bollocks of course, but what can you do?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Yup, I actually played football at the local rec ground yesterday and since I get there quite early before our time slot, I end up talking to a couple of guys who work there.

I live in Nottingham and it’s a Forest-owned facility, so naturally most of the guys running it are local lads and Forest fans. We were chatting about the ‘incident’ and whereas both of them agreed it was the wrong call, one of them goes, ‘Yeah, but I bloody hate Grealish. In fact I’d say he’s about my most-hated player.’

Naturally I scoffed, and he’s clearly just a jealous Forest fan, but I humoured him and asked him why.

’Honestly? Mainly it’s the shin pads thing. Totally unprofessional. And his hair too. That and he’s always going out getting pissed on holiday and posting it on social media.’

I told him how dumb that all was and pointed out some facts to him, but that’s the image he probably has with a lot of fans of other clubs and the wider media. Complete bollocks of course, but what can you do?

Was told the same by someone on Twitter, it's bizarre. You would think it's cynical old men who think like this but you'd be surprised at how a lot of them are of age with Jack. So weird. They want all football players to be boring robots with no personality.

Everything Jack did, after the ball was played to Landsbury is irrelevant in real terms .

The ref cheated us and got away with it,. It's happened before and it will happen again, let's just move on.

Jack will be our best player this season and I suspect he may start to show his true talent against West Ham, and that will be sweet .

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Would love to see that same angle in real time speed.

Here you go, Still taken from a slow-mo but much quicker than the other clip

It definitely looks like he throws his leg out a bit to me but could just be he slips a little or something. who knows. Either way he was shoved, off balance, clattered & it should have been a goal

eEp9lXG.gif

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

It definitely looks like he throws his leg out a bit to me but could just be he slips a little or something. who knows. Either way he was shoved, off balance, clattered & it should have been a goal

eEp9lXG.gif

I honestly don't see him throwing out his leg. I see him setting himself for the pass, and as soon as he completes it, his thigh is clattered and he does well to lurch away from the impact.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Was told the same by someone on Twitter, it's bizarre. You would think it's cynical old men who think like this but you'd be surprised at how a lot of them are of age with Jack. So weird. They want all football players to be boring robots with no personality.

I think it's a case that you WANT to have players that are hated by opposition fans. If he was terrible at football they wouldn't mind. 

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I honestly don't see him throwing out his leg. I see him setting himself for the pass, and as soon as he completes it, his thigh is clattered and he does well to lurch away from the impact.

It's just this movement on his left leg making me think that the ref has thought/decided he has tried to make a meal of it as he is already the other side of cahill at this point, as i said earlier he may just have slipped as it is just the tip of his boot in any sort of contact with the ground and if you look at his hand when he lands there is a big splash as the pitch is soaked

JFN8W8k.gif

Edited by LakotaDakota

I do appreciate your technical efforts, @LakotaDakota, even if we don't quite see it the same way. However, I think a court would be asked to disregard all the clips that begin AFTER the impact. That is really not fair and just ends up playing tricks on the eye (your most recent clip looks more like something that might do the rounds on other clubs' message boards and give a completely false impression of Jack's actions). Your clip that is headed "closer to real speed" is the only one that gives fair evidence. It shows Jack's entire body being catapulted to the right by Cahill's impact on his thigh, with the exception of the one part of his body BENEATH the point of impact – his lower left leg. I rather suspect his left leg stopped moving "naturally" because of the aforementioned massive impact (which flipped Gary Cahill over like a bowling pin)

On 02/09/2019 at 17:19, sne said:

Thomas Brolin was in the 94 WC team of the tournament playing as a playmaker on the left wing.  Compared to him Grealish is Usain Bolt and much better at crossing. 

If we play him wide it will not be as a kick and rush winger. 

I have seen Zidane, Rui Costa, Nedved play wide and be playmakers before. The issue for that is that neither had a Neil Taylor type at full back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I have seen Zidane, Rui Costa, Nedved play wide and be playmakers before. The issue for that is that neither had a Neil Taylor type at full back

True, that is a very real and troubling issue.

We simply need Targett to come good asap.

Â