The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think if we played 4-3-2-1 (Christmas tree) it would push Jack further forward and maybe we'd get more out of him. This is actually where Sherwood (although I think he's a charlatan) played him with N'Zogbia (2 number 10's.) He had a lot more freedom in that role.

With our squad we could go:

Heaton

Guilbert  Mings  Engels Taylor

Nakamba Luiz McGinn

Jota  Jack

Wesley

This would also give us a little more muscle in the middle. Width could be provided either by the fullbacks or Jota and Jack spinning out wide.

I think Matt Targett will come in to the side soon, no way are we paying £11m for a full back and leaving him on the bench. When he comes in, he’ll give us a bit more balance

Glad to see MOTD absolutely crucified the ref and VAR.

While I don't see the spastic blow his whistle. I'll accept that as an explanation. However as everyone has seen Cahill absolutely nails him in the box for a blatantly clear penalty. Which absolutely should have been overturned for VAR.

I cannot understand how it hasn't been, all four camera angles show a massive clash of knees and Cahill recoiling because of the massive clash.

How any idiot with that many cameras and time to look at the replays knowing what a **** up it is, DOESNT take any retrospective action is beyond me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I'm as angry as the next fan about this. He does get clattered twice before he goes down, he does play the ball to Henri, BUT....

Hand on heart the last split second he does the I've been shot by a snipper flip. If he just falls without doing that, the goal stands or we get a penalty. 

Not true, he actually pulls out of the way from hitting yet another palace player and then gets up straight away with no appeal, if anything it was Conor Hourihane that stuck his hands up and appealed it without that I don’t see how the ref can even book him because nobody has tried to appeal it so how can it be deception?

I don’t think it’s a foul by Cahill tbh - Grealish seems to leave a leg in there in that way C Ronaldo used to do. However, he doesn’t dive! He passes the ball out to a teammate. That’s the ridiculous bit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Glad to see MOTD absolutely crucified the ref and VAR.

While I don't see the spastic blow his whistle. I'll accept that as an explanation. However as everyone has seen Cahill absolutely nails him in the box for a blatantly clear penalty. Which absolutely should have been overturned for VAR.

I cannot understand how it hasn't been, all four camera angles show a massive clash of knees and Cahill recoiling because of the massive clash.

How any idiot with that many cameras and time to look at the replays knowing what a **** up it is, DOESNT take any retrospective action is beyond me.

If this was in Italy it would be seen as match fixing, it really was that bad. 

• Like 1

Jack needs to use this disgraceful decision to motivate himself to perform. His run for the goal was exactly what he needs to be doing more and more , he should play In that part of the pitch and not get drawn into assisting Douglas with his duties.

Time and time again he was playing between the Ming's and Engels, it's distorting the shape of the team and leaving Wesley isolated and it allowed Palace to push up.  With Jack and Wesley playing on the last man the opposition have to leave at least 3 players to cover maybe even 4. 

Appeal the yellow  

• Like 1

Just watched MOTD. It's even worse than I thought - only from the angle behind does it look remotely like a dive, and even then only if you are coming from the starting assumption that he dived. If all you concentrate on is his left leg you could perhaps argue that he may have left it in order to catch Cahill (which I consider a massive stretch of the truth at best anyway) but if you look instead at his right leg you clearly see a guy who is doing his utmost to play a pass when he basically has no standing leg due to being off-balance from a previous foul and from having a defender in the process of clattering into him.

My opinion is that it was a miracle he managed to maintain his balance enough to even make the pass, - no way could he simultaneousl manufacture a simulation to fool the ref.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Thought you could if the card was for simulation, must be mistaken .

Even if you could, the Premier League statement says that VAR was used to judge the dive and they said no error was made by the referee (i.e. the VAR yesterday also believed it was a dive after watching replays).

He got nailed numerous times yesterday.

Body check in the first half was such a joke. Any of our players doing that to any of theirs he'd have given a foul.

Ref got exactly what he wanted, big cheer from the home fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Not true, he actually pulls out of the way from hitting yet another palace player and then gets up straight away with no appeal, if anything it was Conor Hourihane that stuck his hands up and appealed it without that I don’t see how the ref can even book him because nobody has tried to appeal it so how can it be deception?

Thats not what im saying. I agree he didnt appeal, but the last split second he gives it the sniper shot. You can't really deny it. I agree that's it's a bizarre reason to stop the play, nobody appealed. But the ref clearly has issue with him. It's the last second after contact with Cahill, he throws his hip out like he's been shot. That killed it. 

19 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Thats not what im saying. I agree he didnt appeal, but the last split second he gives it the sniper shot. You can't really deny it. I agree that's it's a bizarre reason to stop the play, nobody appealed. But the ref clearly has issue with him. It's the last second after contact with Cahill, he throws his hip out like he's been shot. That killed it. 

He was passing the ball with his right foot and had his standing leg taken from under him at thigh height, what you’re calling a sniper shot I’d call avoiding injury.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He was passing the ball with his right foot and had his standing leg taken from under him at thigh height, what you’re calling a sniper shot I’d call avoiding injury.

Watch his right leg in the clips and you'll see he wasn't simulating a dive he was somehow passing the ball whilst off balance from the first challenge outside the box whilst at the same time dealing with a possible collision with Cahill at the same time. I just can't believe he would be simultaneously thinking about Cahill to one side and working his left leg in order to engineer a penalty whilst also making a perfectly weighted pass to Lansbury out to his right. I mean, he's a good player, but is he that good?

I used to be so against the idea of playing Grealish out on the left again but I'm slowly starting to think it might not be an horrendous idea to give it a go, that way then we can have any 2 of Luiz, Nakamba, Hourihane behind a front 4. We push Jack higher up the pitch and might have a bit more solidity in the middle. 

I don't actually expect Smith to ever do this but I'm intrigued by it. 

BBC Football - Garth Brooks Team of the Week.

Quote: 

Jack Grealish: I don't normally select players on the losing side but on this occasion I must make an exception. Jack Grealish not only gave a captain's performance against Crystal Palace but was robbed of the part he played in providing Villa with what would have been an impressive and justified equaliser. 

Kevin Friend's shocking decision to disallow Henri Lansbury's 96th-minute goal after Grealish's brilliant run ranks amongst the worst decisions I've seen in years. What Friend didn't see (and I did) was Grealish get bumped by Wilfried Zaha as he entered the box which propelled Grealish to the ground. You actually see Zaha (hand raised) appeal to the referee to say no penalty. This was truly an outrageous decision.

Did you know? Grealish has created the most chances of any Aston Villa player in the Premier League this season (eight), with all but one of those coming from open play.

Spot on! 

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

I don't normally select players on the losing side but on this occasion I must make an exception.

Not really the point of your post, but nice to know he's admitting how little real thought he gives to his team. He's a talentless hack.

Winning team, scored a goal? You're good enough for Garth's team of the week. Can't stand the bloke.

• Haha 1

Â