The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lol as if. 

Grealish has been wanked off for his performances at this forum for the last 6 months. Him not getting credit when credits due is simply wrong. What is however right is that he isn't told off when he fails to deliver. 

Yes i agree last season as he was so far above every other player in the championship, and is arguably the reason we got promoted. We are now 3 games into the new season in the premiership and suddenly hes not good enough and has been found out? Please see the above stat to show how ludacris that statement from some people is.

Here's a really great but simple point, Grealish is playing as part of a three man midfield in the Premier league, he won't have as much freedom as he did in the championship in the same position to attack and do his own thing, against teams like Everton and Spurs, he'd have to be more disciplined, otherwise we'd get completey overrun in midfield. That doesn't mean to say that he isn't a vital player for us though, as his game and his importance to us is so much more than just assists, goals, dribbling past players.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lol as if. 

Grealish has been wanked off for his performances at this forum for the last 6 months. Him not getting credit when credits due is simply wrong. What is however right is that he isn't told off when he fails to deliver. 

The problem being is when he has a 7/10 or 6/10 game it’s “he failed to deliver”

hes playing ok, nothing more nothing less, however the potential remains for him to do better and for that reason alone he’s worth more than playing someone else (which must be hourihane? Or jota central which tbf vs Crewe I’m interested in seeing)

not sure what you want kneji, jack dropped for Connor? I like Connor but he’s not a better player in a month of Sunday’s, the chance of jack pulling a 10/10 performance is higher than any other player and him only putting in ok performances to date doesn’t change that

if you’re suggesting he’s putting in 3/10 or 4/10 performances then that’s frankly bollocks

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

@sir_gary_cahill you spend years and years bigging up our youth players, and often ridiculed by many for it. Then we have a player from our youth system captain us in the most exciting time in our recent history, still influencing games and being a marked man. We win our first game this season, and now you’re here trying to bring him down a peg or 2. It makes no sense. 

I just don’t think his performances so far have been anything special by any means. Last season, there was talk of an England call up, I don’t think his performances so far this season warrant an England call up, I don’t think he’s been anywhere near as good as Maddison or Mount. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just don’t think his performances so far have been anything special by any means. Last season, there was talk of an England call up, I don’t think his performances so far this season warrant an England call up, I don’t think he’s been anywhere near as good as Maddison or Mount. 

They haven't at all. He had enough chances in Bournemouth game and huffed and puffed. I'm looking forward to the quality Jack to surface

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lol as if. 

He steal your girl or something man? This is ridiculous. You sound like a SHA fan.

• Like 1

He’s settling in to life in the PL with a lot of new players around him, who are also doing the same. To expect him to excerpt the same level of influence on games as he did last season in The Championship isn’t realistic. He’s a quality player who will grow with the team given time and patience. We must also bear in mind that we’ve played three of the better teams so far. 

Not sure why he keeps getting compared to Maddison and Mount, he plays in a completely different position to both of them. I also think he's better than either of them.

Edited by useless

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why he keeps getting compared to Maddison and Mount, he plays in a completely different position to both of them. I also think he's better than either of them.

I agree about the positioning. Maddison and Mount play more advanced in more of a 10 than Jack. Jack can do both sides, and plays deeper. 

The formation Southgate plays is more suited to Jack than the other 2, and Jack is much better than Lingard who occupies one of the slots! 

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lol as if. 

This just isn’t true. Jack has plenty of criticism this season even though he is a key player. 

You’ve got it in your head that Jack isn’t allowed to be criticised because he is Jack. 

When in reality he is being defended because he hasn’t played that badly!  

As for being wanked off for the past 6 months. Rightly so! 

I’m more worried about us getting the results rather than individual performances. When that happens and I believe we will be alright then the quality Jack has will shine through! Winning and getting results will breed confidence and we all know what a confident Jack can produce!

i should point out that I think he is desperate to get a goal, and once he does I think he will really up his game!

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's Jack Grealish though. He's protected on here and that's the kind of deal he gets. 

Why are you so obsessed with this.  You don't like him, I get it but only you and @sir_gary_cahill seem to openly criticise him.

He's not protected or immune it's just that 99.99% of everyone else think he is just fine and doing well. 

Most people don't agree with you, it's not magical protection but people will obviously disagree with you and argue against you and there will be plenty of people willing to do that when you are in such a massive minority. 

Now you have to ask yourself why you are in such a huge minority?   If Grealish genuinely was playing so badly and looking out of his depth, surely more people would be backing you up? Football fans are notoriously fickle, yes he would get more leeway than most, but it wouldn't take long for a few more to jump on him.

Therefore my conclusion can only be that he isn't playing badly and is definitely good enough for us. 

Â