The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

@sir_gary_cahill you spend years and years bigging up our youth players, and often ridiculed by many for it. Then we have a player from our youth system captain us in the most exciting time in our recent history, still influencing games and being a marked man. We win our first game this season, and now you’re here trying to bring him down a peg or 2. It makes no sense. 

• Thanks 3

The problem isn’t Jack. The problem is people’s expectations of him. Those who say he hasn’t been good enough are probably the same people that were saying he was one of the best young English midfielders in the country last season.

Those that still said he had a lot to prove are happy with his performances so far. 

Ive always said his level is probably a midfield table Premier League team and I personally think he’s been playing that way. Yes he can probably do better but no way has he been poor!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

@sir_gary_cahill you spend years and years bigging up our youth players, and often ridiculed by many for it. Then we have a player from our youth system captain us in the most exciting time in our recent history, still influencing games and being a marked man. We win our first game this season, and now you’re here trying to bring him down a peg or 2. It makes no sense. 

If you read his or her posts enough you will see it actually makes a lot of sense.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

A lot of fans want Jack to be spectacular. While I can understand why, I also think we should be appreciate how at times he is the oil that greases the engine, quite unspectacular and a calming influence. He does a huge amount during games that isn’t flash and is very much about the team. 

This is very true. Unfortunately you can very easily find a proper central midfielder with similar traits else where. Southern Europe and especially Spain, are filled with quality CMs who can calmy distribute the ball, while at the same time offer more in the tackle, ball recovery, ground covered, i.e. work rate and shots than Grealish. 

Grealish needs to offer more in the last third or we have to buy solid competition/replacement for him. 

McGinn offers more offensively than Grealish. And McGinn offers more defensively than Grealish. Now I know it's unfair for Grealish to be compared to a titan, but it begs the question what Grealish is bringing to the table. He can't just be the oil in the machinery, cause in a 451 we need the playmaker to contribute more offensively. 

Any way, lets hope the 20 match bullshit has made him relax a bit and we see a better player the next few matches. 

On 24/08/2019 at 08:41, villalad21 said:

Dear.. he must feel so relieved.

Such a stupid thing though, I mean 18 of those games he was a kid who probably didn't even play that many minutes in that run, in one of the worst teams to ever grace the premier league.

That run is and was literally nothing to do with him individually or in any shape or form, it's a pointless and stupid statistic.

The people publishing/posting this stat deserve to get rabies for their idiocy.

But yes, good to get the idiotic statistic off his back.

Reporters/reporting these days.......amateurs.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is very true. Unfortunately you can very easily find a proper central midfielder with similar traits else where. Southern Europe and especially Spain, are filled with quality CMs who can calmy distribute the ball, while at the same time offer more in the tackle, ball recovery, ground covered, i.e. work rate and shots than Grealish. 

Grealish needs to offer more in the last third or we have to buy solid competition/replacement for him. 

McGinn offers more offensively than Grealish. And McGinn offers more defensively than Grealish. Now I know it's unfair for Grealish to be compared to a titan, but it begs the question what Grealish is bringing to the table. He can't just be the oil in the machinery, cause in a 451 we need the playmaker to contribute more offensively. 

Any way, lets hope the 20 match bullshit has made him relax a bit and we see a better player the next few matches. 

3 games in you are seriously talking replacements unless he improves?

Its amazing how differently we all see the same game. He has been fine and a key player for us. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The problem isn’t Jack. The problem is people’s expectations of him. Those who say he hasn’t been good enough are probably the same people that were saying he was one of the best young English midfielders in the country last season.

Those that still said he had a lot to prove are happy with his performances so far

Ive always said his level is probably a midfield table Premier League team and I personally think he’s been playing that way. Yes he can probably do better but no way has he been poor!

Isn’t that a contradiction?

Fwiw, I’ve never said he’s one of the best English midfielders, but I think there’s much more to come from him and that he’s been fairly average, by his standards.

Maybe it isn’t people’s expectations. Maybe it’s just that we all have different opinions.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Fwiw, I’ve never said he’s one of the best English midfielders, but I think there’s much more to come from him and that he’s been fairly average, by his standards.

Maybe it isn’t people’s expectations. Maybe it’s just that we all have different opinions.

Why is it a contradiction?  I thought last season he had a lot to prove to be the player many thought he already was. This season I think he has been fine for us but yes there’s still room for improvement  

I get we all have different opinions and that’s fine I’m just suprised that there’s fans that think he has been poor let alone talk of replacing him. As I mentioned above. We all see the game differently. 

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It's Jack Grealish though. He's protected on here and that's the kind of deal he gets. 

Every other player not being to the standard required it's always talk of possible replacements and rotations. But with Grealish it's fine. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's Jack Grealish though. He's protected on here and that's the kind of deal he gets. 

Every other player not being to the standard required it's always talk of possible replacements and rotations. But with Grealish it's fine. 

This bullshit is tiring. It’s nothing to do with protecting him. You think he hasn’t been the standard you expect of him. I and others think he’s been fine and a key player for us. 

Why do you struggle to grasp that? 

edit: For the record I don’t think any players should be guaranteed a start. I just can’t for the life of me see how Jack deserves to be dropped.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

To you who dont understand how much Grealish contributes, please watch the last games again and take a closer look at his movement, his defensive play and in particular his contribution in the build up to our chances, the we thanks to him can keep the ball and pass it around, how he more often than anybody else makes himself available of a pass, how he almost at everytime controls the ball even in tight situations and does something constructive, drags players towards him, then makes a quick turn and pass to open up the oppositions midfield.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread I think he is taking more responsibility now and contributes more defensively, he doesn't get in as many attacking positions as before. But - he still does, his shot in the first half was very near for example, and look who was just behind El Ghazi when he scored at the end. Look at the sprint in the first game against Spurs when he took the ball deep in our own half and ended up in the Spurs penalty area giving Trez a wonderful opportunity to score.

I'd put my head out and say that Grealish is more or less involved in almost every good move or chance we create.

He will play for England later this season and the top six clubs will come drooling for him if they aren't already. Imagine what he would do in a Man C team...  

• Like 2

There's more to Grealish's game than the highlights like goals, assists, and running at players, he's pretty much key to the way that we play and the player that links everything together, which is why you notice such a difference when he doesn't play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why is it a contradiction?  I thought last season he had a lot to prove to be the player many thought he already was. This season I think he has been fine for us but yes there’s still room for improvement  

I get we all have different opinions and that’s fine I’m just suprised that there’s fans that think he has been poor let alone talk of replacing him. As I mentioned above. We all see the game differently. 

It just looked like a contradiction to me. I thought you were including yourself in the second set of ‘fans that think this’, ie: you’re happy with his performances. But then you also said you thought he can probably do better.

Tbh, I just don’t like it whenever I see people lazily pigeon-holed into groups, and that then being given as the reason for disagreements. “So and so thinks he’s been poor, but last year he probably wanted him called up for England”. 

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

It just looked like a contradiction to me. I thought you were including yourself in the second set of ‘fans that think this’, ie: you’re happy with his performances. But then you also said you thought he can probably do better.

Tbh, I just don’t like it whenever I see people lazily pigeon-holed into groups, and that then being given as the reason for disagreements. “So and so thinks he’s been poor, but last year he probably wanted him called up for England”. 

Fair enough. I shouldn’t have done that.   

I think you can be happy with a players performance whilst thinking they can still offer more. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I only have a soft spot for Gardner because he went to school with someone I love, how do you know I’m a man?

Ah, I see - that obviously makes him a MUCH better footballer ;--)

• Haha 2

There was an interesting stat on sky sports the other day. The only player to create more chances in the premier league this season than grealish was de bruyne. 

I have noticed if any other player has a good game they get praise for it yet if jack has a good game he is criticised for him not being amazing. 

• Like 1

Lol as if. 

Grealish has been wanked off for his performances at this forum for the last 6 months. Him not getting credit when credits due is simply wrong. What is however right is that he isn't told off when he fails to deliver. 

Â