The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Did alright. Speaks to his quality that we are disappointed in his performance despite being decent. He's playing deeper than last year so he won't be as involved going forwards, he's doing his job. He's still drawing players to him to create space for others (as he did for Luiz last week, and Conor Vs WBA LY).

He still has the quality but we have more around him, his stats will be worse this year but it won't mean he's had a bad season.

Don't feed trolls everyone

Not getting to play his game.

Working very hard for the cause as he should, but isn't enjoying us not having the ball a lot. Couple of little openings where he fluffed passes into defenders or didn't do enough to force sniffs into silver platter offerings.

Certainly not poor, matches just aren't suiting him in an attacking sense at the moment.

He'll look more Grealish when we have some more dominant spells matches. We've hardly passed out from the back so far, Doug was looking plenty as the ball went sailing over his head tonight.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

He's playing well. We're just so used to the things he does well that we expect something extra on top of that, every match.

Highest passing accuracy on our team. Don't remember him making any significant mistakes. Always attracts a lot of attention from opposition players, which creates more space for teammates.

The goals, assists and MOTM awards will all come.

• Like 3

The problem is that everyone expects a dynamic number 10 performance out of him when he is actually playing in a midfield 3. He was grand. If he was some no name no mark player you watched tonight you would be purring. Did everything asked and played in a disciplined manner

I used to love it when Dwight Yorke got the ball, as you knew something good was going to happen.

I used to love it when Lee Hendry got the ball, as there was just little bit of flair,  that sparkle of promise in the attack

I used to love it when Ashely Young got the ball, as you knew the defenders were shaking in their boots.

I love it when Jack Grealish gets the ball, as you know at some point the defenders will get drawn in and foul as Jack just outplays them.

He was good again tonight - and had the right idea for that layoff late in the game when in the box. In another month or so that pass will stick with the likes of Trez, Wesley and Jota.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Amazing. People can't admit he is poor. Played his part in being poor. Yes you are correct. 

We will never do anything in this league if that's the standard we require from a playmaker with very little defensive duties. If he doesn't finish and score more, doesn't create more directly, then he must add other dimensions to his game, like physicality and tackling and become a boxtobox player. Right now he's a deep laying playmaker spreading passes pretending to be a CAM, when we already got Luiz and are playing a 451. It directly affects how potent we are in attack. We can't afford both Luiz and Jack excelling in the same stuff. We need more going forward from Jack and that's how it is. 

You must be high. Not only did Grealish win the ball a number of times, he had a calming presence when he got onto the ball which is important when you are under the cosh like we were for the first 15 minutes and could have been after we scored. He took the quick free kick that led to wes's goal and created several good passes. His only real mistake was a poor through ball to trezeguet which mina blocked but other than that he hardly put a foot wrong. He got stuck in, won free kicks, put in some pretty good balls, went on some good runs. He had a good all round game even if he didn't score or get an assist. Not everything is about the end product. It was an iniesta-esque performance was a key contributor without scoring or getting the assist. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Amazing. People can't admit he is poor. Played his part in being poor. Yes you are correct. 

We will never do anything in this league if that's the standard we require from a playmaker with very little defensive duties. If he doesn't finish and score more, doesn't create more directly, then he must add other dimensions to his game, like physicality and tackling and become a boxtobox player. Right now he's a deep laying playmaker spreading passes pretending to be a CAM, when we already got Luiz and are playing a 451. It directly affects how potent we are in attack. We can't afford both Luiz and Jack excelling in the same stuff. We need more going forward from Jack and that's how it is. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e55f38044b47fcd7a5

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You must be high. Not only did Grealish win the ball a number of times, he had a calming presence when he got onto the ball which is important when you are under the cosh like we were for the first 15 minutes and could have been after we scored. He took the quick free kick that led to wes's goal and created several good passes. His only real mistake was a poor through ball to trezeguet which mina blocked but other than that he hardly put a foot wrong. He got stuck in, won free kicks, put in some pretty good balls, went on some good runs. He had a good all round game even if he didn't score or get an assist. Not everything is about the end product. It was an iniesta-esque performance was a key contributor without scoring or getting the assist. 

Thing is for me, while I agree on a lot of the stuff you say, that's not what we need from Grealish. We'd be better off with a different kind of playmaker. He simply doesn't offer enough going forward, which limits us in a 451. 

I was actually reading a bunch of forums going to bed to get some input on our performance. Most views I saw which were fairly objective just find him very good at keeping it ticking, passing sideways and backwards, but a non-attacking threat. Which is my point. In the championship he was much more direct. I know finishing never has been his thing, but he is too defensive now as well, which doesn't suit him at all. He doesn't have the attributes for that. So he needs to figure it out, cause we can't afford him in his current role. Genuinly might as well play a 2 man midfield with 2 strikers. 

But whatever. I know on this forum he is infallible and excluded from harsh criticism. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Thing is for me, while I agree on a lot of the stuff you say, that's not what we need from Grealish. We'd be better off with a different kind of playmaker. He simply doesn't offer enough going forward, which limits us in a 451. 

I was actually reading a bunch of forums going to bed to get some input on our performance. Most views I saw which were fairly objective just find him very good at keeping it ticking, passing sideways and backwards, but a non-attacking threat. Which is my point. In the championship he was much more direct. I know finishing never has been his thing, but he is too defensive now as well, which doesn't suit him at all. He doesn't have the attributes for that. So he needs to figure it out, cause we can't afford him in his current role. Genuinly might as well play a 2 man midfield with 2 strikers. 

But whatever. I know on this forum he is infallible and excluded from harsh criticism. 

You say this like he deserves harsh criticism. 

Captain, best player last year and integral to the run that got us in the playoffs. 

Working incredibly hard and doing the job asked of him in the prem.

So why should he not be excluded from harsh criticism?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I used to love it when Dwight Yorke got the ball, as you knew something good was going to happen.

I used to love it when Lee Hendry got the ball, as there was just little bit of flair,  that sparkle of promise in the attack

I used to love it when Ashely Young got the ball, as you knew the defenders were shaking in their boots.

I love it when Jack Grealish gets the ball, as you know at some point the defenders will get drawn in and foul as Jack just outplays them.

He was good again tonight - and had the right idea for that layoff late in the game when in the box. In another month or so that pass will stick with the likes of Trez, Wesley and Jota.

Just baffled. When he gets the ball he runs forward a bit, hardly ever beats his man, passes it backwards or sideways. Often draws a free kick, but almost never beats his man. He is so far off the players you mentioned it's unreal, but that's subjective fair enough. Ashley Young was an incredible attacking threat.  Not even remotely comperable imo. 

Â