The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The Debate on Sky spent half an hour hyping up Mason Mount and James Maddison. I mean, I don't mind Jack going under the radar but you have to wonder how much this plays on his mind at some point if he keeps getting passed over for the England squad.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Debate on Sky spent half an hour hyping up Mason Mount and James Maddison. I mean, I don't mind Jack going under the radar but you have to wonder how much this plays on his mind at some point if he keeps getting passed over for the England squad.

Up to him to show it on the pitch. He's good enough.

Never hides even when back's are to the wall, my favourite thing about Jacko as a player. Him and McGinn are great at standing up even when everything is going wrong.

If his season isn't going the way he wants and he never makes the England squad I think we'll see good attitude regardless.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Most people, certainly on here, thought that Maddison was nowhere near as good as Jack when he made his £25m move, but he made a real impact in the PL last season. He has set quite a decent bar for Jack to match up to, that is the challenge for him if he has England aspirations.

Mount looks a good player too and is in the same boat as Jack regarding this being their chance to make a mark, he has gotten the headlines so far but over the course of the season I would hope Jack will have pulled well ahead of him.

It's all in his own hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poitier said:

Most people, certainly on here, thought that Maddison was nowhere near as good as Jack when he made his £25m move, but he made a real impact in the PL last season. He has set quite a decent bar for Jack to match up to, that is the challenge for him if he has England aspirations.

Mount looks a good player too and is in the same boat as Jack regarding this being their chance to make a mark, he has gotten the headlines so far but over the course of the season I would hope Jack will have pulled well ahead of him.

It's all in his own hands.

In Mount's case it's pretty much because he plays for Chelsea and under Frank Lampard who supposedly sees himself in him etc. Grealish was ahead of him when they both played in the Championship last season. 2 games in the prem and he's suddenly in line for a call-up.

Maddison is a year ahead of schedule on Jack. Luckily for us, Jack would have spent that year at Spurs if NSWE didn't intervene and I have no doubt he'd already be in the England team. If we struggle as we are likely to do, he'll continue to get passed over through no fault of his own unless he plays out of his skin.

• Like 3

We finish 13th or higher he makes squads for Euros for me. He could easily start. Love the thought of him and Maddison ahead of Rice.

Who's he competing with FFS? Lingard? Barkley? Delph?! Taking Jack ahead of them any day.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I hate to be the one to take off the claret & blue tinted glasses here, but both Mount & Maddison are fantastic players.  Jack is going to have some serious competition to get into the England squad.  TBH, I think Mings will get a call up to the national team this season before Jack.  Deano hit the nail on the head when he said that there aren't too many English left footed CBs who can do what Tyrone does, and even though we've lost the first two games this season, Mings has been outstanding.  

9 hours ago, poitier said:

I think Maddison is statistically a better player but when you watch both play he's not as influential or as good on the ball, both can do things that the other cant but I would liken the comparison to comparing jack with hourihane

not criticising Maddison, I think he should replace alli in the England set up who I think is a statistically great player but doesn't really do that much for 90 minutes, certainly not enough in the big games, I think Jack could offer more if he fulfils his potential and steps up a level when he gets a chance but unfortunately he might be pushed wide, can see alli and Lingard being pushed out

last game they lined up - 

Delph - Dier - Lingard

Sterling                                   Alli

I would expect Lingard and alli to go with then Maddison and Sancho coming in (+ rice and Henderson for Delph and dier) they could be brave and play Maddison alongside Henderson with then sterling jack and Sancho off kane but I think they like rice and will want him in there

If the likes of Maddison, Winks and Mount were in our team we’d be drooling over them and insisting they should be in the England team. 

I love Jack but I’ve always said he has a lot to prove and think we get over excited by how good he is. 

I still think he’s a midtable level player at that moment that if keeps improving and starts adding more goals and assists to his game will become a top 4 player. 

Edit: if only that curling effort or his header went in. That would have been his proper introduction to the Premier League. It will come.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He needs to prove to Southgate that he's better than those players. I don't think Mount is as good as Jack (at least not yet), as much because of a lack of game time as anything, but Maddison probably is a bit better, or at least more effective. Jack has to prove that he deserves it, and frankly I'm glad he does because we need some inspiration from somewhere at the moment. 

• Like 1

for me he was average.

I said last week if we have players out performing grealish that would be a good thing really, cus it would mean our new players are doing well.

He didnt do anything wrong, but also didnt do anything stand out.

Its almost nice to say......."we did fine without grealish doing it all", and i mean that in a positive way.

Sure he will grow in to the league, less pressure on him with some of our other players playing so well.

Amazing. People can't admit he is poor. Played his part in being poor. Yes you are correct. 

We will never do anything in this league if that's the standard we require from a playmaker with very little defensive duties. If he doesn't finish and score more, doesn't create more directly, then he must add other dimensions to his game, like physicality and tackling and become a boxtobox player. Right now he's a deep laying playmaker spreading passes pretending to be a CAM, when we already got Luiz and are playing a 451. It directly affects how potent we are in attack. We can't afford both Luiz and Jack excelling in the same stuff. We need more going forward from Jack and that's how it is. 

Â