The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He created 6 chances yesterday, most by a PL player in a game this season

But our own fans are calling him shit 

Unbelievable 

I honestly can't remember him creating a single chance yesterday. Unless the definition means being within the third last touch on the ball. Which kinda gives itself since he's given the ball all the time. It's his role. 

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

you don't remember him setting up luiz for the shot he scored from.  OK.

Actually don't. If anyone got a link that would be great. I seem to remember it was Jack having the ball wide, stalling and not making the delivery in time / or potentially have it as a set piece. Then it ended up at Luiz. But I only saw it once. I remember Jack losing possession a lot though, and generally being an empty shirt running around. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually don't. If anyone got a link that would be great. I seem to remember it was Jack having the ball wide, stalling and not making the delivery in time / or potentially have it as a set piece. Then it ended up at Luiz. But I only saw it once. I remember Jack losing possession a lot though, and generally being an empty shirt running around. 

80% of his passes were completed so you've dreamed that one up

I wasn't impressed with him against Spurs (granted very hard game for him) and wasn't impressed with him in the first half yesterday. But I was far more reassured with his second half performance, he took far more ownership and demanded the ball more, moved it well, created chances and was behind a lot of our good play going forward in general.

I think he's just adapting, I don't think he will ever be as good at this level as he was for us last season in the Championship but will grow into a very effective player for us at this level, just not 100% sure him and McGinn will work together that well in the Premier League but then McGinn clearly has work to do to adapt to it himself.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

80% of his passes were completed so you've dreamed that one up

He passes a lot sideways and backwards cause that's his role, but when he has a 20% ball loss and several of those leave us directly exposed on the counter, then it's a big problem. He was poor. 

It was good seeing him further up the pitch yesterday, think Luiz playing DM helped that.

Otherwise I've got the impression that since he was made captain, or at least the last games last season and the first this season it looks like he takes even more responsibility in the defensive play. It's great seeing him take more responsibility, but I hope it don't affect his attacking play and the swagger in his play that is his trademark.

54 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He passes a lot sideways and backwards cause that's his role, but when he has a 20% ball loss and several of those leave us directly exposed on the counter, then it's a big problem. He was poor. 

See above posts. 

You're imagining things because you want to criticise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He passes to whoever is open or available, if that's sideways because a forward pass isn't on then that's what he does... That's what all good footballers do

Not sure why you're trying to go out of your way to knock him 

• Like 1

He laid it off to him.

In the time you took to write that post you could have typed villa v Bmouth highlights in google and seen for yourself. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

weird, a lot of ppl on here seem torn as to how he played versus Bournemouth, listening to the Villa View fan cams, all of them seemed to think he didnt play that well who spoke.

So......was he decent or not?

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

weird, a lot of ppl on here seem torn as to how he played versus Bournemouth, listening to the Villa View fan cams, all of them seemed to think he didnt play that well who spoke.

So......was he decent or not?

He was fine but should have scored his header. Fans made out he was the best English midfielder in the country so now he is no longer bossing games they think he played bad. 

He was one of our best players.

• Like 1

He really wasn't poor.  He passes sideways and backwards a fair amount because he gets involved higher up the pitch and a lot of passes are cross field, crosses or pull backs.  The assist for Luiz, for example.

He made more successful passes against Bournemouth than any Bournemouth player even attempted and constantly looks for openings for teammates.  Best game ever?  Not at all.  Poor?  **** hell.

• Like 4

If he's not completing 10 defence splitting through balls a game then he's "passing sideways" or "anonymous". Last season, that 10 game winning run that perfectly coincided with his return is the only thing that staved off the people who kept questioning his obvious quality. Now that we're losing they're back.

He had 6 key passes and an assist yesterday in a game we should have won in all honesty. Not sure what people are expecting from him if this is considered poor?

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Last season, that 10 game winning run that perfectly coincided with his return is the only thing that staved off the people who kept questioning his obvious quality. Now that we're losing they're back.

This is such utter horseshit. I've always praised Grealish when he deserved it, thus I will do the opposite when he doesn't. He was poor. He had numerous mistakes that led to counterattacks where we got off cheap. He is our captain and senior player and extremely well paid. He is always given the ball cause that's his role. Thus it's high expectations and demands. Criticism goes both ways. If the butthurt Grealish fan club can't handle that I really do hope we replace him with another player next summer. No player is above criticism. 

I've been reading three football forums tonight and all three are talking about how poor Grealish has been, so maybe it's a case of opening your eyes. 

Â