The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't understand why Jack takes so many free kicks and corners.  It's never been his strength. 

I would much rather him in the danger area to try take advantage of said free kick or corner. 

Worst player on the pitch today by some distance. For some reason he's protected from criticism.  When he gets praised endlessly for being good, he deserves to hear the other end of the scale when he's bad. Absolute dog shit today. Woeful possession losses and poor passing initially, then he faded and did sweet **** all for rest of the match. 100 k p/w looking like a championship player. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Worst player on the pitch today by some distance. For some reason he's protected from criticism.  When he gets praised endlessly for being good, he deserves to hear the other end of the scale when he's bad. Absolute dog shit today. Woeful possession losses and poor passing initially, then he faded and did sweet **** all for rest of the match. 100 k p/w looking like a championship player. 

That's not true though and I think you know it. 

He wasnt great by his standards but worst player on the pitch? Come on

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You are a weird one. Should we just say he is fantastic no matter how poorly he plays? 

He created 6 goalscoring chances today. The most by any player all season so far

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You are a weird one. Should we just say he is fantastic no matter how poorly he plays? 

No, but the opposite extreme also want true today. If he was the worst player in the pitch, we must have been playing Man City and had their reserves as the other 10 in our XI.

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ah but it is. I can't name a Villa player worse than him today. Not one. Grealish was shit. 

So now it has changed from worst player on the pitch (which was Billing btw), to worst villa player.

As others have mentioned, he created 6 chances today,  got an assist in passing the ball to Luiz and on a other day could have had two goals.

The lad is still adjusting to the premier league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ah but it is. I can't name a Villa player worse than him today. Not one. Grealish was shit. 

I can;

McGinn - His touch was awful today and showed that despite his other qualities, his technical ability is not quite Premier League standard in my opinion. Was a good presence but lost the ball far too much with poor touches and running into trouble.

Elmo - A touch of Hutton syndrome today. Got forward well but was mostly rubbish with his crosses, although more because they had no pace rather than all going in row z.

Heaton - Not much to do, but the mistake for the penalty was **** stupid. Perhaps one of the worst mistakes I've seen from a Villa player in recent years. Until the second goal...

Wesley - Didn't get great service, but was a bit ineffectual himself.

Trezeguet - Had some really poor movement at times and I felt he held on the ball for far too long only to pass back to Elmo a bit too much. He also failed to beat the full back quite a lot too when he did try to take them on.

El Ghazi - A couple decent crosses in the first half but a bit anonymous overall. Although I do wonder how much poor overlapping plays apart in his and Trezeguet's poor game.

So there's 6. And there's probably arguments for Douglas Luiz, Taylor, Jota and Davis too. Perhaps harsh on Davis as he wasn't on for long though. Then bear in mind Grealish created 6 chances, won a load of free kicks, got an assist and could have scored himself.

All this isn't to write these guys off, I thought we were unlucky to lose, but quite a few players were worse than Grealish today and didn't play well.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

29 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yes it was poor from him by his standards but I swear some fans are waiting for him to fail. 

That’s the key. 

He gave the ball away at least three times in the first fifteen minutes.

I have no idea how often the others did - because I’m used to it with them.

When he wasn’t being prominently below par, he created plenty of threat, especially Second half.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yes it was poor from him by his standards but I swear some fans are waiting for him to fail. 

I think it may be harsh to say “ waiting for him to fail”....but I think it’s fair to say that across the threads there is evidence of what could be called “ over expectations”.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Very funny. Excellent parody work. Well done you. 

tyler reddick whatever GIF by Richard Childress Racing

For mine, Luiz sat deep as playmaker, while Grealish had that responsibility further up field.

In the second half, Bournemouth sat deeper making Luiz's job easier....

... and Grealish's job harder.

Yet he still had a couple of opportunities himself and an assist to Luiz. He looked the most likely to make something happen in the 2nd half - yes, even over SJM.

Not sure why people think he had a poor game, to be honest.

Â