The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, The Inspiration said:

Said it last week and will say it again, needs to play on the left in the front 3 with targett as his overlapping LB

Yes he's probably not quite there yet when it comes to being a box-to-box midfielder in the PL.  I'd consider doing what you say as El Ghazi hasn't been great to far, then bring Conor in as we desperately need his set piece ability, moving Douglas forward.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes he's probably not quite there yet when it comes to being a box-to-box midfielder in the PL.  I'd consider doing what you say as El Ghazi hasn't been great to far, then bring Conor in as we desperately need his set piece ability, moving Douglas forward.

Spot on, Conor at home nakamba away for me due to their characteristics. Obviously difficult to say until we say the latter play mind you

Very poor again today, coasted around not doing a lot and taking too long on the ball.

Compared to Mount the other night for Chelsea the difference is night and day. 

• Haha 1

Thought he was good again, not his best but still good. I feel like if he doesn't have an amazing game then he's "anonymous" or "poor". Was at the heart of all our chances again, and should have had himself 2 goals to boot. 

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Thought he was good again, not his best but still good. I feel like if he doesn't have an amazing game then he's "anonymous" or "poor". Was at the heart of all our chances again, and should have had himself 2 goals to boot. 

Surely the fact he should have had two goals to boot, but didn't, means he wasnt good? The header second half, to not even get on target was so poor.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Surely the fact he should have had two goals to boot, but didn't, means he wasnt good? The header second half, to not even get on target was so poor.

It came off his shoulder in the end, sometimes they go on target a la El Ghazi in the playoff final but usually they don't. The first shot he was fouled in all honesty, he did well to get as close as he did. 

Also not sure how a midfielder not scoring 2 goals would make them poor? The fact that he got those 2 good chances in the first place shows he wasn't "anonymous" or whatever.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Are they going to keep bringing it up after every loss now? They're just willing him to fail at this point.

Unfortunately yes absolutely, like I said for us and him we need a win desperately. 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It came off his shoulder in the end, sometimes they go on target a la El Ghazi in the playoff final but usually they don't. The first shot he was fouled in all honesty, he did well to get as close as he did. 

Also not sure how a midfielder not scoring 2 goals would make them poor? The fact that he got those 2 good chances in the first place shows he wasn't "anonymous" or whatever.

Because as our best player we rely on him. He simply has to do more.  

Need more from him. I’m surprised on the above stats because watching the game that didn’t come across.  He’s our best player, we need him to be our best player but poor two games so far from him.

He's trying to hard to influence the game all over the pitch , he needs to have a defined role and stay as far forward as he can without going past Wesley.

Maybe it's the role of captain thats making him try and influence the game everywhere , he needs to relax and trust Luis and the back 4 to bring the ball to him rather than chase it everywhere . 

He should watch where  Erickson plays and try and play in similar parts of the pitch as he does .

That's not to say he played badly because he didn't he played well, he just needs to find his role and stick to it and not get drawn out of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Needs to improve an awful lot, last two performances were shocking. I do wonder will Smith ever bring him off when having a bad game as he was the worst in our mid today I thought. Should of scored that header too. Hopefully next week will see him regain some form. 

Played well today but can already tell if we don't pick up wins he is going to become a target for the boo boys pretty soon.

Not sure if it is because I have changed my seat but surrounded by some utter plebs today. Maybe they were there last season,don't know.

• Like 1

Â