The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Before the mistake and that one giveaway, I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch. Him and John were really showing up Spurs' midfield until Eriksen came on.

Thought Winks bossed midfield yesterday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

If there's no option just launch it.

To be fair he's better than harry winks. that kid is absolute gash. although my russian stream kept showing a bit of skill winks did where he won a tackle and spun 360 which looked impressive. however when he went off the pitch they won the match

Seriously, some of your posts are plain weird. Winks played champions league final. He's a class players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the exception of the dawdling on a few occasions I actually thought he looked okay. The only problem was he was too deep. In hindsight I would have bought on Luiz for Trezeguet or El-Ghazi as they were both tired and possibly moved jack to lw/ Lcf . Thus allowing us two DM’s for the last twenty minutes or so.

In the Championship he’d have waltzed through ball watching opponents or been hacked down for a foul. If Jack needed a Premier League wake up call, better that he did it away at a top 3 side when we looked very unlikely to get more than a point, than at home against a lesser team when it could cost us all 3 points. It’s the only silver cloud I can find in Grealish’s distinctly average performance, albeit against very good opposition.

• Confused 1

Gave away possession a few times too cheaply, but didn’t go missing and found good positions. Will need to speed his game up to adjust or he will not push on. My money is an improvement over 3 months of acclimitisation.

• Like 2

Thought he was good. He's not the only midfielder to ever get caught in possession, he worked his socks off and he was largely available to receive the ball when we had it.

He also played Trez through in the first half for what could have been 2-0.

He looks like he belongs at this level, along with McGinn

• Like 1

Doesn't look ready. We should loan him out to a Championship club, where they play at his speed, such as Brentford. They've got a great rep for developing players and it would be nice to take money off them for the loan fee and not have to pay them £25m to get a player off them. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did a ridiculous amount of defending for an attacking midfielder and was one of the few trying to get us farther up the pitch. 

I agree that he gave it away too cheaply at times but consider that he may have been trying to follow Smith's instructions to keep possession and play the ball out, whereas hoofing it out was simply inviting more pressure. 

I do think the pace of play caught him out a bit but the big problem was a lack of team mates making themselves available to receive the ball. 

8 hours ago, brommy said:

It’s the only silver cloud I can find in Grealish’s distinctly average performance, albeit against very good opposition.

Stay off the Whisky. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

This is the make or break year for Grealish, especially if he wants to play for England and potentially a team like Tottenham.

Will be interesting to see if he steps up like so many of us think he can.

Not sure it's as dramatic as 'make or break'. I think he will show he belongs at this level, but we will see where his ceiling is. Right now I'd say James Maddison is the better player for instance. 

I think he might take some time to get going but will ultimately be a star for us.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 23:31, Xela said:

Gareth Bale lost his first 24 games for Spurs... did alright

CORRECTION: 24 games without a win, not 24 losses.

Edited by Genie

From an objective point of view, it was interesting to see how he measured up in a proper premier league game, playing against top pl opponents. Room for improvement is all you could say.

From a subjective point of view, as a Villa fan, it was a bit worrying, since the team relies on his drive and inspiration a lot for its success. Let’s hope learns the lessons and gets up to speed quickly. 

Although it was good to see McGinn grasp the nettle from the word “go”. Before he tired, which was an issue for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not sure it's as dramatic as 'make or break'. I think he will show he belongs at this level, but we will see where his ceiling is. Right now I'd say James Maddison is the better player for instance. 

I think he might take some time to get going but will ultimately be a star for us.

You are probably correct but by carrying the reputation he does people will very quickly write him off if he has an average season. Will the likes of Tottenham still be interested if he doesn't stand out this season?

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Gareth Bale lost his first 24 games for Spurs... did alright

Not so. His second pl game for Spurs was a 3-3  draw with Fulham and he scored to put them 3-1 up after 61 minutes.

His fourth pl game, if you recall... was a certain, ahem, 4-4 draw against a team called, er, Aston Villa, when Spurs came back from 1-4 to 4-4 in the last 20 minutes. 

Â