The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Felt he was our motd up till half time, was running the midfield. He was defence game was actually really good, could tell he was well up for it, covered a lot of grass today. Silly mistake for the goal but overall he had a decent game, alleviated pressure at times too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thought he was up there as one of the better players in the game until the mistake. The way he carried the ball to then set up Trez was fantastic. But mistakes get punished in this league and I'm sure he'll learn. I'd rather stick to what he's good at rather than start hoofing it. It what makes him the player he is 

If we were in the championship I’d agree largely, playing out of tight areas is far easier down there against lesser opposition regardless of what sentiments people might have about the perceived intensity of that league. But given the circumstances of the moment a more experienced player (confident on the ball or not) would have got rid. All part of the process I guess, jacks growth has come over the past two years when we’ve been dominating possession or at least having an even footing, this is a completely different experience for him and one he will no doubt learn from

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Played well, but needs to stop holding onto the ball for too long in front of our own area, even one of our players shouted man on to him before he lost it for there 2nd and I’m sure the 1st was aswell 

It was two such awful decisions even the Spuds players were shouting, "Man on" to him through embarrassed pity. :lol:

Edited by privateer

Don’t understanding some of the criticism. Imho Grealish did very well, given the pressure we were under and that he couldn’t play his normal game in the 2nd.

My Spurs mate texted after the game ‘Grealish is a tremendous talent, I reckon he will have a great season’. 

• Like 3

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Don’t understanding some of the criticism. Imho Grealish did very well, given the pressure we were under and that he couldn’t play his normal game in the 2nd.

My Spurs mate texted after the game ‘Grealish is a tremendous talent, I reckon he will have a great season’. 

i didnt get to watch the match, did grealish play ok?

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2nd goal was certainly a foul, if was Wesley on Dier it would have been given as a foul

It looked a foul on the final replay, but Grealish hardly complained so I think he got caught as well as ball getting knocked it the same movement.

---

I also don't want Jack to start hoofing it. I want the rest of the team to play like he does and pass the ball.

• Like 1

In the first half I think he showed some touches of class, however we were just over-run in the 2nd and he like the rest of the midfield, had to play DM. We just couldn’t get out of our half. The stats tell you everything, it was real back to the wall stuff. 

40 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So you'd rather a player who has the ball on the edge of his own box at 1-1 away to a top 4 team and under sustained pressure, not to hoof it because he should " stick to what he's good at " Utterly daft comment.

Im obviously talking about his general attitude to the ball. We want him to want the ball in tight positions and play out. It's what will help us as a team and improve us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Im obviously talking about his general attitude to the ball. We want him to want the ball in tight positions and play out. It's what will help us as a team and improve us. 

But knowing when to play out is key. There was actually an easier out ball to Taylor when Grealish got the ball that was the ball to play. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It looked a foul on the final replay, but Grealish hardly complained so I think he got caught as well as ball getting knocked it the same movement.

---

I also don't want Jack to start hoofing it. I want the rest of the team to play like he does and pass the ball.

When your under the pressure we were under away at someone like Tottentham then you get rid of it. 

Norwich paid the price for fannying about at Liverpool, there are just some places you don't do it, especially when on the verge of a decent result.

• Like 1

Obviously disappointing that he dwelt on the ball for the goal but I'm sure he will learn from that, I think he just didn't want to give the ball straight back to Spurs (which was happening most of the second half) but you can't get away with it at this level. I don't think it was a foul and Jack's reaction for me said it all.

That aside I thought first half he played quite well but ran out of steam along with most of them.

Just now, Xela said:

eh, he had a bit part in one of the worst premier league teams in history..... (our relegation team), not like it was remotely related to Grealish.

Lets hope we win next week :)

• Like 1

That is such a pointless stat, for reasons that have already been pointed out.

Now if he hadn't played 18 of those games in a team that was absolutely and totally abject then yeah they might be onto something.

Edited by Mantis

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That is such a pointless stat, for reasons that have already been pointed out.

Now if he hadn't played 18 of those games in a team that was absolutely and totally abject then yeah they might be onto something.

Then again, his last 19 games or so he didn’t lose.

But also this stat has a lot of variables (although makes more sense than the above) as it shows the difference between him in the team and when not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Felt he was our motd up till half time, was running the midfield. He was defence game was actually really good, could tell he was well up for it, covered a lot of grass today. Silly mistake for the goal but overall he had a decent game, alleviated pressure at times too

He didn't run feck all, did you see the game it was 80% possession to Spuds!

Â