The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was a bit of a car crash performance, didn't affect much and cost us the second goal, but again, like of a lot of them, has to adjust to the demands of this league. It was hilarious to see people suggest you get more time on the ball at this level than the Championship, a total nonsense that, you get less. 

Did always find that statement bizzare alright. Players at this level are more clever out of possession as well as in it.

Not above criticism, Can only assume Complancency set in and butterflies got stuck in his Alice band. Unexplainable and Daft ending!.. 

Edited by Kingman

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was a bit of a car crash performance, didn't affect much and cost us the second goal, but again, like of a lot of them, has to adjust to the demands of this league. It was hilarious to see people suggest you get more time on the ball at this level than the Championship, a total nonsense that, you get less. 

I genuinely thought we did have more time on the ball in a lot of areas today. Hourihane looked good because he was given the time to play balls out from midfield, the wingers seemed to have a lot more time on the ball.

Jack got caught in possession once and gave away the ball. Yes, it’s a bad mistake and yes, he’ll learn from it but I’d rather our best player wasn’t just hoofing the ball back to the opposition and played his natural game. 

17 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I thought he was magnificent. Apart from the last ten minutes!

I agree. 

Magnificent might be pushing it, but until Eriksen came on I thought he was as good as any other midfielder on the pitch. 

He looked comfortable and used the ball really well. Worked his socks off and pressed well too. 

Mistakes happen and his cost us, but I do wonder if he got a ‘Man on’ early enough from the players around him. 

Played well, but needs to stop holding onto the ball for too long in front of our own area, even one of our players shouted man on to him before he lost it for there 2nd and I’m sure the 1st was aswell 

Edited by rbcuk

Alright match. Needs to be a bit more urgent on the ball  to avoid that last bullshit. 

I actually felt the possession loss he managed while driving the ball on the right which gave them a counter attack on us was more braindead by him than what led to their goal. 

You get the feeling that the level of the spurs players are where he is at though. He seems to have little issues with that, which is promising for us. 

Super Jackie

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

20 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I genuinely thought we did have more time on the ball in a lot of areas today. Hourihane looked good because he was given the time to play balls out from midfield, the wingers seemed to have a lot more time on the ball.

Jack got caught in possession once and gave away the ball. Yes, it’s a bad mistake and yes, he’ll learn from it but I’d rather our best player wasn’t just hoofing the ball back to the opposition and played his natural game. 

I'd rather have our best player hoof the ball on the edge of our own box at 1-1 when we are under intense pressure. Having your morals about how the game is played is all well and good. Means **** all if you come away empty handed.

On 27/07/2019 at 19:11, MaVilla said:

he has looked good pre season, but......he does need to look over his shoulder sometimes, 2 or 3 times this pre season he has been jogging with the ball and someone literally runs up behind him and takes the ball off him and he doesnt see them coming at all.

I remember seeing it a couple of times last season also, a minor thing overall, but still.......its a thing.

Wonderful player ofc, just something i think he needs to be aware of tbh.

as i said before, love Jack, but....

The highlighted section happened exactly as i noted above for Spurs goal.

He really needs to realise players can come at him from behind, its like he has a blind spot or something....

• Like 1

He looks like dick head with that stupid haircut. I'm worried hes gone a bit Pogba, believing his own hype and becoming a brand first. Needs to get back to basics. 

Getting robbed on the edge of your own box is completely avoidable. 

Never really expected to get anything from this game so hopefully we take some lessons.

Edited by Genie

Thought he was up there as one of the better players in the game until the mistake. The way he carried the ball to then set up Trez was fantastic. But mistakes get punished in this league and I'm sure he'll learn. I'd rather stick to what he's good at rather than start hoofing it. It what makes him the player he is 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thought he was up there as one of the better players in the game until the mistake. The way he carried the ball to then set up Trez was fantastic. But mistakes get punished in this league and I'm sure he'll learn. I'd rather stick to what he's good at rather than start hoofing it. It what makes him the player he is 

So you'd rather a player who has the ball on the edge of his own box at 1-1 away to a top 4 team and under sustained pressure, not to hoof it because he should " stick to what he's good at " Utterly daft comment.

Â