The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Came across so well, will be loved by the media if he performs well this season, he’s got genuine personality.

The way he's maturing, as a player and a person, reminds me of Beckham. 

• Like 2

On 28/07/2019 at 19:15, Jas10 said:

I think there was one comment from someone earlier that said one day he could be as good as Delph or something like that, seemed ridiculous to me. He’s already miles better and better or more talented/skilled than any other English midfielder, imo at least. Not his fault that he hasn’t got abundant PL game time or experience, not his fault that we were shit. I’m just glad he has stayed loyal to us and he deserves our admiration & affection. 

He’s a unique talent, especially for a British player. He’s a gem.

Totally agree the only players from Britain I would take over Grealish from the last decade are sterling and bale and I wouldn't take bale at this point in his career. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Poor error. He'll know it too. You play football in the right areas of the pitch. That wasn't one.

Completely agree. Shame, as he was composed throughout the game otherwise (apart from when he lost the ball poorly to Eriksen as well?). 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll learn from that second half.

He has will to improve his standards as he's shown over last two years and well he'll win us many games this season with his skill.

Anyone wasting half their life badmouthing on twitter needs a word.

If he takes away anything from today it's that 

1. These guys at this level don't respect you. You've probably to earn theirs if anything

2. Having the likes of Will Vaulks and Ryan Tunniclife standing off of you in awe of you matters not one iota here. You won't be given time on it. Positionally they are too good.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

To be fair Spurs did to him what the championship had be doing all last season.

Spurs were dirty gits when we were on the ball and that ref was horrendous.

Grealish did mess up though at times as well.

Made one hell of a run with Trez, shame nothing materialised. 

Edited by Dave-R

it's probably to be expected when he's been such a big fish in the championship, where he's been used to doing tricks and flicks, that he'd still be trying to do them and he'd look like a tit when they didn't come off, especially when the opposition are more likely to punish them severely. he seems like he's got his head screwed on, i'm sure he'll learn and go on to do very well this year.

Our players, Grealish included will need time to adjust to the higher level of quality and tempo in the pressing they will face.

There will be some harsh lessons like today before we are there.

• Like 3

I actually thought he had an okay game until the end. He played muuch deeper than normal and put in some tackles and supported Taylor really well.  I thought he seemed to put in more tackles than any other of our midfielders.

He'll learn from the mistake and become better. As with every player, it'll take some time getting used to the premier league again

• Like 1

It was a bit of a car crash performance, didn't affect much and cost us the second goal, but again, like of a lot of them, has to adjust to the demands of this league. It was hilarious to see people suggest you get more time on the ball at this level than the Championship, a total nonsense that, you get less. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was a bit of a car crash performance, didn't affect much and cost us the second goal, but again, like of a lot of them, has to adjust to the demands of this league. It was hilarious to see people suggest you get more time on the ball at this level than the Championship, a total nonsense that, you get less. 

Bizarrely, even Smith seemed to be suggesting that in his comments about Kodjia. 

Good first half, that run he done from the Spurs corner I thought was fantastic. Looked faster than he ever has done. Second half, just like Hourihane and McGinn, we couldn't handle the onslaught and unfortunately it was Jack's mistake that gifted them a goal. 

Like everyone has said though, he'll learn from this for sure. No doubt that he's going to be influential for us again. 

Â