The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 28/07/2019 at 15:10, Denaldinho said:

Jake is a really good player but i will judge how he does in the PL when the season ends - Anything could happen in between

Jake Grealish?

Jack has been the sole creative spark at Villa for a few years, that it's ben a case of stop Jack, and you stop us.

Last year, that stopped a bit was SJM stepped up, and this helped a lot. But teams could still not bother marking Neil Taylor, and double up on Jack to stop us.

Now, with the new signings and a pre-season of forward thinking coaching, Jack will get a lot more space on the pitch as teams will have to mark all the Villa players. So this is the season for Jack to either flourish, lead us to securing our place in the Premier League, and move us forward again. Or flatter to deceive, in which case he will probably be out of the team.

I know what I expect - and so does my dream team!

when jack was off with that shin injury, what exactly was the injury?, was it some form of shin splints or something?

Pure speculation on my part but given his age, how long he was out, and no mention of any type of surgery I would guess he had some kind of stress reaction or even a stress fracture in his lower leg.  The recovery time is usually 2-3 months and pretty much just involves staying off of the affected leg so the bone can heal.  The club released a video of Jack maintaining fitness while running on one of those weight reducing treadmills and they had him strapped to a "exogen bone healing system" at one point in the video.  I couldn't find any official word so just my best guess.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You're missing my point. Yes it's the backflip but the backflip would have been meaningless to us if he weren't such a good player.

I understand your point, but the behaviour of players and how they treat the club and fans,  good, bad or average, ultimately defines their legacy.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not that I hope anything happens to him but compared to last season, I think we are in a lot healthier position if Jack was to go down with an injury than last season

Only really Jota who would be something like a direct replacement though and I think he’s been signed more as a wide player really.

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Only really Jota who would be something like a direct replacement though and I think he’s been signed more as a wide player really.

Just watching the Luiz v Barcelona video and he reminds me a bit of Jack. Likes to run with the ball and tends to get fouled a lot.

I don't know why but the last few months of last season, including Wembley, and during pre season (Charlton excluded as i missed that one), I'm not seeing as much love for Jack. 

His name doesn't seem to get chanted as much as it used to, and when it does it seems pretty half arsed in comparison to McGinn. 

I hope we aren't starting to take him for granted. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's a bit of a boring chant, that's why. Also it really strains the vocal chords. 

He definitely deserves a better one. It's the dullest chant we could have possibly created for one of the best talents to come through our academy. 

On 29/07/2019 at 13:49, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lingard - Goal or assist every 308 minutes (2,407 across all comps)

Grealish - Goal or assist every 230 minutes (2,999 across all comps)

I don't think Lingard is "shit" for what it's worth, but I think using those particular statistics to judge Jack's merit towards the England set up is something you see Grealish Truthers on twitter doing. We know there is so much more to his game. 

I think both Madison and Grealish should be involved with the England squad. I do think it's farcical that they have not been given an opportunity.

You're comparing apples with pears though

Towards the end of the 2018 season there were some stats doing the rounds with Bruce having the highest win % of any Villa manager for the last 20 years, I dismissed that because it's easier to win games against the likes Rotherham than Everton 

Let's see how JG stats compare to Lingard this season before comparing.

Â