The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was far better than you’re giving him credit for. 

Yeah I don’t think anyone is saying he’s better than Grealish. His name just came up and I said I thought he’d surprise some people this season. 

I think there was one comment from someone earlier that said one day he could be as good as Delph or something like that, seemed ridiculous to me. He’s already miles better and better or more talented/skilled than any other English midfielder, imo at least. Not his fault that he hasn’t got abundant PL game time or experience, not his fault that we were shit. I’m just glad he has stayed loyal to us and he deserves our admiration & affection. 

He’s a unique talent, especially for a British player. He’s a gem.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I still disagree. I don't care that Delph was good for us in the Premier League, Grealish could never play there and I'd know he's a better footballer. 

Delph is probably more McGinn than Grealish in terms of role. He isn't as good as either and never was, IMO. 

My abiding memories of Delph are the numerous times he would try a Cruyff turn in the middle of our own half, lose the ball and put us into trouble. A very average midfielder in my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

The question was "How is he not starting for England?"

The reasons mentioned are why. 

But you agree they're dumb reasons, right? Southgate had plenty of opportunities against some pretty dreadful opposition to give the lad a look. Same goes for Madison, who DOES have 'Premier League experience'.

Good footballers are good footballers. If he can't spot them he's in the wrong job. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He was far better than you’re giving him credit for. 

He wasnt, 3 goals in 112 league games. Would suggest that he promised more than he ever delivered. 

3 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

He wasnt, 3 goals in 112 league games. Would suggest that he promised more than he ever delivered. 

5 assists he got in his time at Villa. Delph was a hypejob who looked fancy on the ball but offered nothing 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

5 assists he got in his time at Villa. Delph was a hypejob who looked fancy on the ball but offered nothing 

We really playing the midfielder goals and assists stats game, in the Jack Grealish thread of all places? :lol: 

Delph was immense for us in his last 2 seasons, let's not get it twisted. If he wasn't, we wouldn't be so bitter about him leaving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We really playing the midfielder goals and assists stats game, in the Jack Grealish thread of all places? :lol: 

Delph was immense for us in his last 2 seasons, let's not get it twisted. If he wasn't, we wouldn't be so bitter about him leaving.

I thought we were bitter because he signed a new contract and stated he was staying, only to back track and sign for Man City. Hence the term snake, which was commonly used by supporters at the time.

• Like 1

I know the way that Delph left the club left a bitter taste, but let’s not try and re-write history and try and make out that Delph was some clogger - he was quality for 2 seasons at least! There’s a reason that Man City came in for him, and in our side we had then it wasn’t to weaken us!! 

As for Jack, he just continues to exceed and exceed mine and I think everyone’s expectations. I honestly believe he could play for ANY club, he’s that good. I really think we need to enjoy this season with him because unfortunately I think it could be his last in a Villa shirt as this lad is good enough to be winning the big trophies.

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

But you agree they're dumb reasons, right? Southgate had plenty of opportunities against some pretty dreadful opposition to give the lad a look. Same goes for Madison, who DOES have 'Premier League experience'.

Good footballers are good footballers. If he can't spot them he's in the wrong job. 

I agree regarding Madison. Jack Grealish has been a fantastic player, in the Championship. I don't think it's ridiculous to reward those that've performed well at a higher level. 

For example, Lingard's overall output assists/goals was as good as Grealish's last season, with far more minutes and he's, apparently, "shit".

I think Madison should've been used this season, but Grealish having not been I don't think is exactly criminal at this point, and I love him.

8 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I thought we were bitter because he signed a new contract and stated he was staying, only to back track and sign for Man City. Hence the term snake, which was commonly used by supporters at the time.

If Keiren Richardson did that for example we wouldn't care because he was shit. We probably would have been celebrating it. 

But Delph stung that much more precisely because he was so good for us.

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I agree regarding Madison. Jack Grealish has been a fantastic player, in the Championship. I don't think it's ridiculous to reward those that've performed well at a higher level. 

For example, Lingard's overall output assists/goals was as good as Grealish's last season, with far more minutes and he's, apparently, "shit".

I think Madison should've been used this season, but Grealish having not been I don't think is exactly criminal at this point, and I love him.

Lingard - Goal or assist every 308 minutes (2,407 across all comps)

Grealish - Goal or assist every 230 minutes (2,999 across all comps)

I don't think Lingard is "shit" for what it's worth, but I think using those particular statistics to judge Jack's merit towards the England set up is something you see Grealish Truthers on twitter doing. We know there is so much more to his game. 

I think both Madison and Grealish should be involved with the England squad. I do think it's farcical that they have not been given an opportunity.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I do think it's farcical that they have not been given an opportunity.

On Grealish, agree to disagree.

England have played 4 games this year. He's played a dozen games.

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lingard - Goal or assist every 308 minutes (2,407 across all comps)

Grealish - Goal or assist every 230 minutes (2,999 across all comps)

I don't think Lingard is "shit" for what it's worth, but I think using those particular statistics to judge Jack's merit towards the England set up is something you see Grealish Truthers on twitter doing. We know there is so much more to his game. 

I think both Madison and Grealish should be involved with the England squad. I do think it's farcical that they have not been given an opportunity.

Grealish is debatable as I think you do need to be playing against the best week in week out to get called up. Madison I agree is a farce. He was Leicester’s player of the season. 

focus was on the U21s which I don't mind, its what other countries do and whilst I think Maddison is a cracking player and gives England something they need I don't think they needed him this summer, I don't think he's that good that he should have been fast tracked and he didn't do anything for the U21s this summer, blame Boothroyd rather than him but its true, he didn't show anything that said get him in the 1st team

jack on the other hand not being available for the U21s should have had a sniff by now

my other issue with southgates nonsense comment (there were a few issues with it...) is that he can name a 23 man squad for the games but theres no rule stopping him from adding another 5/6 players for a training camp and maybe doing some behind closed door stuff, this about not being able to judge his level, watch him in training then! seems a no brainer, we seem to have a long standing problem with England that we don't recognise who isn't good enough early enough and keep calling up the same names to every squad rather than calling up the next in line, maybe better the devil you know rather than taking risks

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Keiren Richardson did that for example we wouldn't care because he was shit. We probably would have been celebrating it. 

But Delph stung that much more precisely because he was so good for us.

In your opinion. Young, Milner etc left and didn't cause the same vitriol. It was his backflip.

22 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

In your opinion. Young, Milner etc left and didn't cause the same vitriol. It was his backflip.

You're missing my point. Yes it's the backflip but the backflip would have been meaningless to us if he weren't such a good player.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Grealish is debatable as I think you do need to be playing against the best week in week out to get called up. Madison I agree is a farce. He was Leicester’s player of the season. 

Didn't stop Mason Mount. Being on loan from Chelsea/being managed by Lampard wouldnt have anything to do with it. 

Â