The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Leaves numerous players on their arses, does all the donkey work twice to tee up a lad for a tap in and on both occasions said lad runs off like he has scored a 40 yard screamer.

rocket polisher.

watching the vids, the amount of really good balls etc that he does, should have lead to a chance of some description but the receivers didnt capitalise, or a direct chance he creates where someone misses, quite a few, going to be really interesting to see him playing with (hopefully) higher quality players, as he should feed off that as players around him might be close to his level and benefit more from his ability.

Edited by MaVilla

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is he our current longest serving player?

Yup. Was on the bench for us in 2012 during the McLeish years. Jed Steer is the only one that comes close and he joined in 2013.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yup. Was on the bench for us in 2012 during the McLeish years. Jed Steer is the only one that comes close and he joined in 2013.

just looking at the squad and think every other player except them 2 and Hepburn Murphy made debut after 2016

Honestly I think he has a little Cristiano Ronaldo to his game. I know that sounds crazy but just watching them I get the same sort of vibes, maybe they have a similar posture when they run with the ball, I don’t know. Ronaldo’s more aggressive seeking out goals while our Jack is tends to seek out his teammates first, but if I squint they’re essentially the same player.

1 minute ago, Thats2 said:

Honestly I think he has a little Cristiano Ronaldo to his game. I know that sounds crazy but just watching them I get the same sort of vibes, maybe they have a similar posture when they run with the ball, I don’t know. Ronaldo’s more aggressive seeking out goals while our Jack is tends to seek out his teammates first, but if I squint they’re essentially the same player.

He’s nothing like Ronaldo! 

More like a Modric or Silva for me.

3 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

I genuinely thought I was in the El Ghazi thread reading this!

• Like 3

I remember when I astutely compared him to Iniesta in this thread, and people disagreed with me and called him an 'hit and run merchant' comparable to Albrighton. Even back before he made his first team debut, and watching him on streams for the reserves he looked like one of the most natural footballers I've ever seen.

• Like 1

To be honest I can't think who to compare Grealish to.

El Ghazi I can see similarities with ronaldo in the way he runs with and without the ball physically, and the way they strike the ball, Ghazi holds his body similar.

Grealish though, I honestly can't say I could compare his style to anyone I can think of.

There are better dribblers than him, better goal scoring midfielders than him, faster people than him, but overall the way he glides with the ball in a fluid but upright position is different, and the way he holds and recycles the ball is super impressive, it's like the ball is glued to him and he's always physically in the right position and posture to protect the ball and lay it off.

He has great vision also, honestly he reminds me of a hybrid English/ Spanish players with good parts from both, honestly I don't think another English midfielder can retain and recycle the ball like he can, I think he would be excellent in the England setup as we need a player like Grealish who can retain, hold and recycle the ball like top Spanish players can.

I think Grealish is one of those players that would look world class if he had world class players around him to work on his level, and i dont mean he would look world class by dribbling past 50 players or scoring 50 goals a season, but if he had players around him who were world class, his passing, lay offs, retention and distribution would be out of this world. if there were players around him who have the ability to benefit from what he does.

I don't think that's me being biased, the way he does what he does well is really something special.

I really hope he stays with Villa now we are back in the Prem (for the next 5-10 years), and we build a team around him, that suits the way he plays.

Edited by MaVilla

I'd say he's closest to Rui Costa in style.

He's quite unique though, he almost completely relies simply on body feints which if you think about how damn good he is at getting by players is very impressive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's quite unique though, he almost completely relies simply on body feints which if you think about how damn good he is at getting by players is very impressive.

i actually just went to watch some Rui Costa vids to see for myself, and tbh i very much agree, both have that lazy style, that isnt lazy at all.

and they even wear their socks the same :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Grealish is Iniesta, Modric, Messi, Best, Maradona and Zidane all wrapped up into one.

i was trying to not get too carried away but.....

sesame street idk GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not a bad shout that.

The only thing I am going to miss about the Championship is listening to some foreign commentators on a dodgy stream talking about Villa's game in a language I cant understand. 

Till he scores or makes a key run/ pass then they belt out a  "GREEEEEEEEEEEALISH!"

Then I know what they are talking about :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â