The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I think Jack could be England's next Paul Gascoigne but without wasting his talent. Gazza scored 10 goals in 57 appearances for England, Jack could easily equal or better that but, more importantly, he would get the ball and take it forward and drawer the attention from the opposition to create space for others and, like you say, there's nobody else in the current England squad doing that. 

And if he does go onto England and do just that his value will just keep on rising.

He is already a £60m player imo now we are of PL stature, and it won't be long before that figure increases imo.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And if he does go onto England and do just that his value will just keep on rising.

He is already a £60m player imo now we are of PL stature, and it won't be long before that figure increases imo.

I think he needs to do it this season in the prem to be a 50-60 million pound player.

But I 100% believe he will.

We can only win from this season if he does well. We'll have a class player for a season, and if he leaves next summer he'll fetch us a lot of money

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

let's hope Grealish and Wesley can click in pre-season.

Yep this is vital. Jack always seems to get on well with the forward. Let’s hope Wesley starts learning English asap, as I think having good communication will help that link up

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Also McGinn too needs the relationship with Wesley, didn't he get more assists than Grealish last season?

Wesley will need an interpreter though!

That's what Jota is for 😀

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Oh I'm not so sure, Wolves fans seem to be eager to start carrying that torch it appears.

One of those weird "rivalry"s some small time clubs fans have with us. They obsess about us, we never even think about them.  Bit like Newcastle really.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Also McGinn too needs the relationship with Wesley, didn't he get more assists than Grealish last season?

Wesley will need an interpreter though!

The best footballers are telepathic and instinctive when it comes to anticipation of a good pass.

• Like 1

In my opinion, he shouldn’t be captain, it was like the Jack Grealish show at times last season. We’re not a one man team and I like to see the captain to be a centre back (I’d be tempted to give it to Mings or Dunk if they sign). Don’t get me wrong, I think Grealish is fantastic and the best player to come out of the academy in recent times, the weight of his passes are just sublime but I don’t want us to be so reliant on one player like we were last season. We need to find ways of coping without him, I expect young Jacob Ramsey will continue his develop and perhaps be Grealish’s understudy next season, I don’t know, I’m not the manager, over to you Smith 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he shouldn’t be captain, it was like the Jack Grealish show at times last season. We’re not a one man team and I like to see the captain to be a centre back (I’d be tempted to give it to Mings or Dunk if they sign). Don’t get me wrong, I think Grealish is fantastic and the best player to come out of the academy in recent times, the weight of his passes are just sublime but I don’t want us to be so reliant on one player like we were last season. We need to find ways of coping without him, I expect young Jacob Ramsey will continue his develop and perhaps be Grealish’s understudy next season, I don’t know, I’m not the manager, over to you Smith 

I watched Ramsey last season, his potential is frightening.

You shouldn’t neglect the power of symbolism. Grealish embodies the new villa, and as such is the ideal captain. Besides we need leaders all over the pitch, which Mings would be one of if he signs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

You shouldn’t neglect the power of symbolism. Grealish embodies the new villa, and as such is the ideal captain. Besides we need leaders all over the pitch, which Mings would be one of if he signs.

Absolutely, on the pitch the captain's armband doesn't mean a great deal, you  can be a leader without it, but it does sybolise the leader of the group in the changing room, I think Jack thrives off the responsibility of that, he's no longer the young hotshot he's an experienced professional now, important to his club.

His personality embodies the group, professional but room for fun, party hard but train harder, humble but confident. He's the perfect captain for us right now.

I think it brings even more to his game, who doesn't want their best player to play better?!

• Thanks 1

Grealish absolutely should be captain. He's been brilliant since obtaining the armband, led by example. He is the posterboy of this club, everyone in the squad looks up to him, including the older heads. The orher players all seemed to put in more because they know how much it means to Jack and they dont want to let him down above just putting in performances for themselves.

He's clearly extremely proud of being captain and has took to it brilliantly.

He's vocal on the pitch and isnt afraid to put a rocket up anyone if the standards drop. Off the top of my head Adomah got blasted at the Hawthorns for wasting posession, and in the play off final, watch back when Mount puts Bogle in and he shoots hitting the side netting- Jack goes straight into Hourihane and lets him have it for not closing Mount down earlier in the play. These are people he clearly gets on with yet he is captain of AVFC first and foremost and will demand high standards. Its a masterstroke by DS you only have to look at where we are today, and the record since he took the armband.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jack rightly deserves the armband for me. He’s a talisman for the team, he’s a local lad and he loves the club. Easily be our own Gerrard. 

You need leaders all over the pitch, therefore the cbs will still be organising and leading even if not wearing armbands. 

As for Ramsey, he may be talented, but I’m almost certain he won’t be understudy to Jack next season. He’s probably still too young for that. Jota will likely be Jacks understudy. Would be good if we could get Ramsey out to Germany on loan. They know how to build up AM’s over there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Jack rightly deserves the armband for me. He’s a talisman for the team, he’s a local lad and he loves the club. Easily be our own Gerrard. 

You need leaders all over the pitch, therefore the cbs will still be organising and leading even if not wearing armbands. 

As for Ramsey, he may be talented, but I’m almost certain he won’t be understudy to Jack next season. He’s probably still too young for that. Jota will likely be Jacks understudy. Would be good if we could get Ramsey out to Germany on loan. They know how to build up AM’s over there.

I think you make some good points here, I can’t really argue with you

• Like 1

Â