The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It's a big season for him.

We've seen how good he is on the ball this season, but it's going to be a big step up to try to do it against PL defenders. He won't get anywhere near as much time and space, and they won't be so easy to bait in to giving away stupid fouls. I hope he makes it, but I think it's far from a sure thing he looks so comfortable at this level he walks in to the England squad.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's a big season for him.

We've seen how good he is on the ball this season, but it's going to be a big step up to try to do it against PL defenders. He won't get anywhere near as much time and space, and they won't be so easy to bait in to giving away stupid fouls. I hope he makes it, but I think it's far from a sure thing he looks so comfortable at this level he walks in to the England squad.

He's already been in the PL. It was similar for me, very few could get the ball off him and he got booted a lot. He's a much better player this time round as well.

I think we're going to play some great football next season. Grealish will be a success 100%, it's about if the team can support him aptly.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Context?

Neville was on about players choosing which national team to play for only after being given assurances that they’ll be part of the set up. He referenced Jack as an example. He suggests that Jack wanted to meet with the manager etc to receive reassurances that he would be in contention.

His stance basically is - if you’re good enough, you’ll be selected, you shouldn’t be prematurely seeking assurances that you’ll receive a call up.

Which is all fair enough, it’s just a whinge about nothing really, but it filled a bit of time anyway.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

He’s was on about players choosing which national team to play for only after being given assurances that they’ll be part of the set up. He referenced Jack as an example. He suggests that Jack wanted to meet with the manager etc to receive reassurances that he would be in contention.

His stance basically is - if you’re good enough, you’ll be selected, you shouldn’t be prematurely seeking assurances that you’ll receive a call up.

Which is all fair enough, it’s just a whinge about nothing really, but it filled a bit of time anyway.

Don't think he was having a dig, which is good.

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Neville was on about players choosing which national team to play for only after being given assurances that they’ll be part of the set up. He referenced Jack as an example. He suggests that Jack wanted to meet with the manager etc to receive reassurances that he would be in contention.

This is what I mean it is over nothing and does this even sound like grealish charchter? Wasn’t he really young at the time anyways?

My only concern is that he tries too hard in the first few games.  He will be reallly anxious to make a big impression so I hope he doesn't eg dwell on the ball too long, try to do too much himself. 

After that he will soon bed down though and I am 100% sure be a huge success.  As others have said he's been good enough at that level already and he's a much better player now. 

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My only concern is that he tries too hard in the first few games.  He will be reallly anxious to make a big impression so I hope he doesn't eg dwell on the ball too long, try to do too much himself. 

After that he will soon bed down though and I am 100% sure be a huge success.  As others have said he's been good enough at that level already and he's a much better player now. 

Maybe 2/3 years ago, but I think he has changed as a player, he has a calmness about him. 

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's already been in the PL. It was similar for me, very few could get the ball off him and he got booted a lot. He's a much better player this time round as well.

I think we're going to play some great football next season. Grealish will be a success 100%, it's about if the team can support him aptly.

The only reason Grealish won’t be a success is if his off field behaviour deteriorates. 

Hes an absolute magician of a footballer and I have no doubt he should be starting for England when you look at his competition in that position. (Delph, Rice, Barkley, Dier, Lingard etc.)

If he keeps himself fit, we’ll see special things from this lad over the next 5-10 years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

That is a concern, i can't remember which game it was but Jack was well below his his best when Southgate came to VP a couple of months ago. 

absolutely nails it about him drawing players in, no stat for it but I genuinely don't think I've ever seen certainly a villa player like it, maybe even an English player like it

will be interesting to see if the better quality PL opponents do the same (hull and stoke did 1st time round)

Â