The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Three great features:

1) Kryten doubting his ability.

2) @sir_gary_cahill's reputation for slightly grandiose assessments of youth team players being already well in evidence even a decade ago (he wasn't wrong about this one though, was he).

3) I'd completely forgotten one particular poster and his remarkable ability to spot distant clouds on even the sunniest days. 

He's good but he's no Adam Johnson.

• Haha 4

Random atletico Twitter account linking him with a €20m move...

Not going to happen for €20m, better than the spurs link all summer though, if it is real and simeone starts giving it the big un about wanting him that would make for a fun ride and mean it's not just us that can see it

And if / when he leaves that's the kind of move if love to see him make, would be fully behind him and probably become an atletico fan while he's there 

Edited by villa4europe

I don't like to get too carried away and I wasn't entirely sure if it was the case but Grealish absolutely walks into that England squad. There isn't another midfielder who can keep the ball like him. 

If he has a decent start he's in the September squad no doubt about it. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2019 at 19:43, HanoiVillan said:

Three great features:

1) Kryten doubting his ability.

2) @sir_gary_cahill's reputation for slightly grandiose assessments of youth team players being already well in evidence even a decade ago (he wasn't wrong about this one though, was he).

3) I'd completely forgotten one particular poster and his remarkable ability to spot distant clouds on even the sunniest days. 

with reference to 2) tho, if you say literally ALL our youth have the potential to be class, there is literally a 100% chance you will eventually be right just once over a 10 year period :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd bet a huge amount of money that he will be in the next squad. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd bet a huge amount of money that he will be in the next squad. 

I don't know...  It's just as likely that Jack has a great start to the season, but Southgate somehow comes up with yet another excuse about how he needs to "prove himself" to get a call up.  On the other hand, Chelsea or Manure will have a new youth player make a couple of appearances from the bench and they'll instantly get into the squad.  hahaha

On 06/07/2010 at 10:56, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's the best young prospect I've ever seen in the youth teams, by far the best player of his age in the country, he's a wonderful talent and to be honest comparing him to Adam Johnson is doing Grealish a disservice because he will be 10x the player Johnson is.

Oh how we laughed, but SGC knew all along.

• Like 3

It’s time for Jack to step up and prove he can be a star player in the top flight. The world is now watching.

If he proves to be the player many think he can be he will hopefully play a massive part in keeping us up next season and then will probably move on for big money which we can reinvest in the team.

I personally think his level will be midtable Premier league and hopefully with us for many more years.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, Farlz said:

I don't like to get too carried away and I wasn't entirely sure if it was the case but Grealish absolutely walks into that England squad. There isn't another midfielder who can keep the ball like him. 

The worry is that Southgate moves the goalposts and says that he needs to be playing European football or something. Wouldn't be the first time he's shafted us. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

The worry is that Southgate moves the goalposts and says that he needs to be playing European football or something. Wouldn't be the first time he's shafted us. 

Would you say you hold grudges?

The england team and media shaft us tbh , at one point most of the england starting 11 where villa , barry , milner, young, luke young, bent , carson ,downing , wish he would have chose ireland !  

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

Think he has to start doing it consistently at Premier league level. He was way too inconsistent last time we were in Premier league. But he looks a hell of a lot better than he did before we came down. 

More than happy for him to rest and not play internationals. He will be getting in the squad very soon though.

Watching the many noisy Championship fans on twitter dwindle as he tears the PL a new one will be enjoyable.

25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Would you say you hold grudges?

🤣 

Certainly seems that way! 

Definitely don't trust him. Our relationship with the national team hasn't been great in the last 20 years or so, as it's just been a way for bigger teams to slyly tap up our players.

On 03/06/2019 at 19:07, villa4europe said:

Random atletico Twitter account linking him with a €20m move...

Not going to happen for €20m, better than the spurs link all summer though, if it is real and simeone starts giving it the big un about wanting him that would make for a fun ride and mean it's not just us that can see it

And if / when he leaves that's the kind of move if love to see him make, would be fully behind him and probably become an atletico fan while he's there 

€20m looool

Is that a loan fee?

• Like 1

Â