The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

That Sancho lad gets picked because of his PL experience right Gareth?

It makes sense for Sancho to be called up as he's playing at a big club in the top flight of the country and doing well.  No problem with that.

However, if Southgate is going to say he won't consider Championship players... why is Jack Butland called up?  FWIW, I actually think he should be.  He's a good goalkeeper.  You can't be eliminating people because of the league they play in to then go and select someone in that very league, though.

Just now, bobzy said:

It makes sense for Sancho to be called up as he's playing at a big club in the top flight of the country and doing well.  No problem with that.

However, if Southgate is going to say he won't consider Championship players... why is Jack Butland called up?  FWIW, I actually think he should be.  He's a good goalkeeper.  You can't be eliminating people because of the league they play in to then go and select someone in that very league, though.

But outside of Dortmund and Bayern the standard is low PL top Championship level. Maybe not even that good. Anyone half decent will shine bright in a league like that. It's called the 'Scott Sinclair Syndrome'. Looked bang average for us, went to Celtic and all of a sudden turned into an amazing world beater.

It seems like such a hollow obstacle to put in place when everyone knows Jack is more than good enough for the England squad. "You're a great player lad but you haven't shown it at Turf Moor or The Amex yet" 🙄

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

But outside of Dortmund and Bayern the standard is low PL top Championship level. Maybe not even that good. Anyone half decent will shine bright in a league like that. It's called the 'Scott Sinclair Syndrome'. Looked bang average for us, went to Celtic and all of a sudden turned into an amazing world beater.

Completely wrong.  My guess would be that you don't watch much (if any) German football.  If this is the case, just look at Frankfurt this season - won every game in their Europa League group (Lazio, Marseille and, granted, random Cypriot team) then beat Shakhtar, Inter Milan and Benfica before losing on penalties against Chelsea.  Chelsea finished 3rd in mega-strong PL, Frankfurt finished 7th in apparently-same-level-as-Scottish-Premiership Bundesliga.

The way we (English football fans) dismiss teams in top European leagues is just embarrassing at times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Completely wrong.  My guess would be that you don't watch much (if any) German football.  If this is the case, just look at Frankfurt this season - won every game in their Europa League group (Lazio, Marseille and, granted, random Cypriot team) then beat Shakhtar, Inter Milan and Benfica before losing on penalties against Chelsea.  Chelsea finished 3rd in mega-strong PL, Frankfurt finished 7th in apparently-same-level-as-Scottish-Premiership Bundesliga.

The way we (English football fans) dismiss teams in top European leagues is just embarrassing at times.

Hasn't English teams been the least Dominating in Europe the past 10 years or so? 

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Calm your britches Bobzy boy lol. I didn't compare the German League to the Scottish League at all, a bit disingenuous to claim I did.

I used Sinclair and Celtic to compare Sancho and Dortmund. How a players worth can be inflated compared to the standard of player he plays against. Nowhere did I say the Bundesliga is the same as the Scottish League.

Oh and for me no, the Bundesliga is not near the overall standard of the PL at all, outside of a couple of teams it's the same standard of the lower end of the PL and the top of the championship. 

Grealish is more than good enough to get in the England team but The FA and Gareth have decided he isn't trendy or high profile enough while in the Champ. Its cobblers.  

Edited by Ingram85

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Calm your britches Bobzy boy lol. I didn't compare the German League to the Scottish League at all, a bit disingenuous to do so.

I used Sinclair and Celtic to compare Sancho and Dortmund. How a players worth can be inflated compared to the standard of player he plays against. Nowhere did I say the Bundesliga is the same as the Scottish League.

Oh and for me no, the Bundesliga is not near the overall standard of the PL at all, outside of a couple of teams it's the same standard of the lower end of the PL and the top of the championship. 

I'm calm! :D

It's definitely close to PL.  Same with La Liga with Serie A probably just behind the three.  The "problem" with the Premier League is that we have an ever-present, ridiculously rich top 6 which masks how poor (relatively) the league is below that.  So we can look at the European finals and say "OMG, look how great this league is", but any of, say, Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Frankfurt are on par with the "next best" Premier League teams (Wolves, Leicester, Everton, West Ham) and none of them finished top 6 in the Bundesliga.

It's a strong league.

OT, Jack Grealish would still shine there ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm calm! :D

It's definitely close to PL.  Same with La Liga with Serie A probably just behind the three.  The "problem" with the Premier League is that we have an ever-present, ridiculously rich top 6 which masks how poor (relatively) the league is below that.  So we can look at the European finals and say "OMG, look how great this league is", but any of, say, Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Frankfurt are on par with the "next best" Premier League teams (Wolves, Leicester, Everton, West Ham) and none of them finished top 6 in the Bundesliga.

It's a strong league.

OT, Jack Grealish would still shine there ;) 

Btw, I didn't mean Bobzy boy to sound so patronising 😁

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It seems like such a hollow obstacle to put in place when everyone knows Jack is more than good enough for the England squad. "You're a great player lad but you haven't shown it at Turf Moor or The Amex yet" 🙄

Hey The Amex is a good stadium! Can’t use that as an example surely!

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Hey The Amex is a good stadium! Can’t use that as an example surely!

It wasn't a comment on the quality of the stadium. 

Dunno if anyone else caught it but could hear grealish say to wilder after the interview yesterday that " you were the best team we played at VP this season. " Nice touch jack and to be honest id agree with him.

• Like 2

Will Hack be keeping his lucky boots for the premier or will he buy a new pair now?????

Bets please..

JACK GREALISH revealed his battered boots are “lucky” after they helped Aston Villa back into the Premier League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9164534/aston-villa-jack-grealish-ruined-lucky-boots/

29 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dunno if anyone else caught it but could hear grealish say to wilder after the interview yesterday that " you were the best team we played at VP this season. " Nice touch jack and to be honest id agree with him.

Which interview?

17 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He's captain of Aston Villa, he oozes class by default. It's the state of being for this club. 

Edited by sidcow

The bender he's on is coming up to 28 hours. He's earned it.

Not hugely up for the constant shit on the city, but he can do what he wants for the next week. It comes from being a proper fan that, I bet he's got loads of mates who both Villa and Blues. He's never had a chance to sing on the stands (unlike Mr. Lolley) so happy to see him enjoying it.

Â