The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Dropped too deep to collect the ball last night. Would beat his player and then still be 30-40 yards out. Still our most influential player by a mile. He was trying to make things happen but when you've got green or Albert on the wing that can't take their man on they just cogged up the middle 

Needs to use the fact teams are doubling up on him to make space for others and needs to do it in or around the oppositions box. But this needs runners from midfield or our full backs to push up and use the space   

Anyway he kept going and under the circumstances he did well 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Obviously difficult for him when he is marked out every single game, but I just wanted to say I think it's absolutely outstanding he took a penalty. As a Villa fan, our captain, most whinged about player in the league, all the bullshit the last 2 weeks, being kicked all over the pitch every single match, then go on after 120-130 minutes of football and take a penalty that is crucial for a possible promotion. He had a lot to lose and took it anyway, and scored. Have to take your cap off to that. 

not the 1st penalty, not the last, was expecting him to miss tbh just so the opposition fans got their kicks

Its crazy how many negative responses there are to lineker's tweet, mainly in the form of McGinn is better

He forces the team to play the way the manager wants. So willing the have the ball all the time, proper captain last night.

Impossible to replace. He's going to the top. If we don't pull this off I'll be disappointed with a £30m fee.

• Like 1

I've got a sneaky suspicion he'll be off whatever happens. There will be a few clubs happy to part with the release clause for young English talent with his experience and the wages will be big. 

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've got a sneaky suspicion he'll be off whatever happens. There will be a few clubs happy to part with the release clause for young English talent with his experience and the wages will be big. 

I don't. I think if we go up he will stay for at least a year. If he has a successful year in pl we can be asking for as much as 50m for him. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not the 1st penalty, not the last, was expecting him to miss tbh just so the opposition fans got their kicks

Its crazy how many negative responses there are to lineker's tweet, mainly in the form of McGinn is better

Clearly McGinn is not in the same class. Hope he stays if we go up. See no reason why he wouldn't. We can do what wolves have done with some shrewd purchases. 

Thought after Brent was sent off we should have put Grealish out wide and brought el ghazi into the centre. Grealish was getting by his man and putting balls in the box from corners and el ghazi was the only player who really troubled Johnstone. Ryan almost alway hits the target from range and his shit is hard to catch as its flight is unpredictable, i think it would have fallen for tammy or kodjia and we would have had a goal. 

I thought in that situation we would have been best served by trying to get clean looks from outside the box. Hopefully Johnstone parties it down for a striker, it deflects off an arm or it is an absolute screamer. We wasted possession after possession lobbing the ball into the box for it to be headed away by the defense.

JACK GREALISH has revealed the ‘horrific pain’ he suffered playing with a broken shin for TWO MONTHS.

He will lead Aston Villa out at Wembley on Monday week after his return from injury inspired a 10-game winning streak that catapulted his boyhood club into the play-offs.

The midfielder, 23, experienced pure joy at local rivals West Brom after Tuesday’s semi-final win on penalties — unlike the agony he was in at The Hawthorns in December.

Grealish might have missed the play-offs altogether had he got his own way by ignoring Villa doctor Ricky Shamji’s advice.

Brummie Grealish said: “I did the damage in a game against Swansea in Dean Smith’s first game as boss on October 20.

“I carried on playing — even though I wasn’t really training throughout November and December.

“When we played West Brom at The Hawthorns on December 7, the pain in my shin was horrific.

“It turned out to be a fracture, which was sending pain into my ankle and the bottom of my left foot.

“Before the West Brom game I said, ‘I don’t think I’m going to be able to play’.

“The doc gave me an injection, it settled me down and I played until ten minutes from time.

“But that was the point when I thought, ‘I can’t carry on doing this’, and went for a scan the next morning.

“I was on my way to London for our Christmas party when the doc rang — and he sounded low.

“He said, ‘It’s not good news. You’ve fractured your leg and you’re not going to be able to play until March’.

“I said, ‘Nah, I can play now but it’s so painful — just give me a month and I’ll be sorted’.

“But he said, ‘You can’t. If someone boots you, you’ve already fractured the bone. You could then have a major break to your leg and do some real damage to it’.”

Grealish’s lay-off did at least allow the star to improve his upper-body strength as he threw himself into some serious gym work.

And he also showed boss Smith his captaincy credentials by lifting Tammy Abraham’s spirits while his crocked team-mate was also recovering from injury.

Smith handed Grealish the armband for the first time when he returned on March 2, scoring a stunner in a 4-0 home win over Derby.

Grealish added: “When Tammy was injured, I said to him, ‘Listen to your uncle Jack. When I’m back, it will all change’.

“I was just talking utter rubbish — I didn’t know if it really would.

“Luckily, we won the next 10 games on the spin.

“Tammy’s not said anything about it to me since then. But if we win at Wembley, it will be, ‘I told you we’d be all right!’.”

Grealish, who was a target for Tottenham last summer, continued: “I dreamed of playing for Villa.

“I was the kid at the side of the pitch watching everyone warm up.

“I was the kid who was waiting outside the ground for autographs.

“Captaining Aston Villa now means everything. Sometimes I honestly just pinch myself.

“I can’t put into words what it would mean to win the play-offs.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9104000/villa-star-grealish-agony-broken-shin-play-off-final-place/

• Like 3

On 16/05/2019 at 01:09, Jareth said:

Absolute nonsense. Read article above about how delighted he is to be Villa captain. Also we have 3rd richest owners in English football who only held back by FFP which will evaporate with promotion

37 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

May not be the Champions League final Jack, but this is your platform to show the world what you've got, and it's a football pitch all the same.

it's a shame the final is played on a random Monday (for most of the world), right after work :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slovenian said:

it's a shame the final is played on a random Monday (for most of the world), right after work :)

I see where you're coming from.

I kind of meant the football world. Those that know him, those that matter.

Regardless, he'll  be viewed by tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

On 15/05/2019 at 13:47, Tomaszk said:

He forces the team to play the way the manager wants. So willing the have the ball all the time, proper captain last night.

Impossible to replace. He's going to the top. If we don't pull this off I'll be disappointed with a £30m fee.

Behave yourself - £30m?

He's going anywhere and if he was.. he needs to wait for the knock at Dean Smith's door with someone standing their with £60m in their back pocket.

We hold the aces this season.

Â