The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Absolutely disgrace that they even entertained looking at that alleged simulation. It was a clear a penalty as you'll see. If I was jack id be demanding an apology for questioning my character and sportsmanship 

30 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Stunning trolling by the Mail here:

‘It’s a dive’ Pundit’s Aston Villa vs West Brom penalty verdict will stun fans

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-dive-pundits-aston-villa-16267103

Michael Brown was as dirty a player as you could get in the modern era.  Absolute shit word removed, why would anyone want to know what he thinks?  It was the most blatant penalty you'll ever see.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Michael Brown was as dirty a player as you could get in the modern era.  Absolute shit word removed, why would anyone want to know what he thinks?  It was the most blatant penalty you'll ever see.

I watched the program on Quest and Michael Brown said it was a clear penalty but Jack did well to make sure it was. It was the host that disagreed.

The roles were reversed for the Holgate incident where Brown thought he dived and there host thought it was a pen...or at least was paying devil's advocate.

Edited by Keyblade

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was talking about Holgate, he said that was a dive, not Jack's!

Defender makes a rash challenge.  Jack drags his left foot to be sure there is contact and goes down.  That's not diving.  That's not faking.  When Ronaldo, or Bale, or Messi, or Sanchez, or Salah, or Vardy, or Modric, etc. etc. do the same thing it's genius and it's called.  there is no rule that says the offended must make every effort to avoid contact on the potential foul.  nonsense arguments from leeds and wba notwithstanding.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Defender makes a rash challenge.  Jack drags his left foot to be sure there is contact and goes down.  That's not diving.  That's not faking.  When Ronaldo, or Bale, or Messi, or Sanchez, or Salah, or Vardy, or Modric, etc. etc. do the same thing it's genius and it's called.  there is no rule that says the offended must make every effort to avoid contact on the potential foul.  nonsense arguments from leeds and wba notwithstanding.

I’d call it winning a foul if that makes sense. The defenders reaction or lack of it says it all. 

• Like 1

Been watching Jack since the day he came into the first team and can say with some confidence he has never dived. Not once. He's far too good a player to need to dive and clearly has ethics not to cheat instilled in him. He can draw a foul and choses to take the free kick more often than not. He is always the main target of the opposition and their fans, which is a mark of the player he is. 

I would 100% play Hourihane tonight for set piece delivery alone.

WBA have made a point of trying to get Grealish banned from the game, they failed and will now resort to kicking him out of the game. Endless free kicks will ensue and we need to take full advantage of this.

WBA likes other clubs in the Championship have gone out with the instruction to hack down Grealish, then they want to whinge when a penalty is awarded in a vital game? Talk about spitting the dummy...

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d call it winning a foul if that makes sense.

It's one of the things I hate most about the game these days, leave a leg trailing to you get contact and can go down. I find it really distasteful and is up there with simulation as something I dislike intensely. 

That said, it has become the norm and defenders know if there's contact and the attacker goes down, it's likely to lead to a free kick/penalty. That's just how the rules are interpreted. I don't think there was enough contact on Jack to send him down but he made sure there was contact as he knew the foul would be awarded. I wish it wasn't part of the current game but it is and there's been plenty more contentious fouls given than that one so I don't know why WBA, Leeds, etc are getting so exercised about it. 

It's all in the past now and hopefully we won't be on the receiving end of such a decision in the next two matches. 

14 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

He was talking about Holgate, he said that was a dive, not Jack's!

Pretty laughable, tbh. We'd be absolutely fuming if someone shoved one of our players like that and it wasn't given. Tammy got very, very lucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just imagine, this could (wont though) be his last ever game in our colours. So try to enjoy it. Wow thats a realisation that just hit home a lot faster than I thought 😕

Why even put that out into the universe?🙄

Â