The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Absoloutly do not support this 30 mill fair price and because of one main reason. If Jack was sold for 30 million because he's a championship player, goes on to do brilliant in let's say spurs, his value increases and spurs then go sell him at some stage for something crazy like 100mill, it's all just wrong I think.

Again it's just a way for the top clubs to keep stealing talent at low cost all while the club they got what you call a fair price carrys on struggling, yet they get richer from it.

I stick by 60mill because of the obvious reason above that will happen if Jack gets sold.

Its about time the top clubs pay for what they buying to lower league clubs.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I stick by 60mill because of obvious the reason above thats are going to happen if Jack gets sold.

Never before has the word obvious been used in such a non-obvious sentence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Absoloutly do not support this 30 mill fair price and because of one main reason. If Jack was sold for 30 million because he's a championship player, goes on to do brilliant in let's say spurs, his value increases and spurs then go sell him at some stage for something crazy like 100mill, it's all just wrong I think.

Again it's just a way for the top clubs to keep stealing talent at low cost all while the club they got what you call a fair price carrys on struggling, yet they get richer from it.

I stick by 60mill because of the obvious reason above that will happen if Jack gets sold.

Its about time the top clubs pay for what they buying to lower league clubs.

It's a market. Big clubs don't have some special ability to rip off smaller clubs. Unproven players are cheaper, and Jack still hasn't proved he is a Champions League quality player, or that he could fit in at a club other than Villa.

Having said that, I don't think we should sell Jack, because I think he is worth more to us than the fee other clubs are currently prepared to play for him. If we go up and he has a good season in the PL, then things might change, and we might want to cash in.

Even if we do go up. Will he stick around while we try to break into the top 4? Waiting for that CL spot? I fear that Tottenham will be far more tempting this year.

I think who he plays for next season is entirely dependent on his contract. IF we go up, it'll be us at least for the next two seasons because he's got 4 years left on his contract, if we stay down and someone pays the contract release clause then he'll go. I suppose we could go up and someone pays the clause and offers £300k a week - that's the sort of move Wolves would try - I don't want to consider it!

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I think who he plays for next season is entirely dependent on his contract. IF we go up, it'll be us at least for the next two seasons because he's got 4 years left on his contract, if we stay down and someone pays the contract release clause then he'll go. I suppose we could go up and someone pays the clause and offers £300k a week - that's the sort of move Wolves would try - I don't want to consider it!

I think jack has enough integrity not to move to wolves. If he goes it will be to a top 6 team worthy of his signature. I don't think any villa fan can begrudge him that if we are not promoted

8 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I will simply never think this.

I would obviously rather keep him, but if he has an amazing season for Villa next year and his price tag is £60m+ with several Champions League clubs showing interest, then you have to be realistic.

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It's a market. Big clubs don't have some special ability to rip off smaller clubs. Unproven players are cheaper, and Jack still hasn't proved he is a Champions League quality player, or that he could fit in at a club other than Villa.

Having said that, I don't think we should sell Jack, because I think he is worth more to us than the fee other clubs are currently prepared to play for him. If we go up and he has a good season in the PL, then things might change, and we might want to cash in.

I can certainly dig that last bit for sure, don't think we should sell regardless, screw all the offers..

Jacks our man all for the right reasons, he'd be there man all for the wrong reasons.

Edited by Dave-R

He had a difficult game in may ways, they played him really well for the most part, getting very tight and stopping him from having as much of an influence, but his quality shone in the end with an assist and in winning the pen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He had a difficult game in may ways, they played him really well for the most part, getting very tight and stopping him from having as much of an influence, but his quality shone in the end with an assist and in winning the pen.

He's that sort of player, in that even when he's having a quiet game he's capable of game changing moments of brilliance. 

• Like 1

Every time i'm ready to slag him off and buy into him being overrated he turns it on.

Still needs to work on some of his decision making and speed of pass.

He will get eaten alive in the PL otherwise.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's that sort of player, in that even when he's having a quiet game he's capable of game changing moments of brilliance. 

Thats what great players do

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Every time i'm ready to slag him off and buy into him being overrated he turns it on.

Still needs to work on some of his decision making and speed of pass.

He will get eaten alive in the PL otherwise.

I think his decision making has improved significantly under Smith. It's so hard to say how he'll fare with better players in The PL. 

• Like 1

Â