The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Hernandez mate by quite a distance, only player with over 100 chances created in the league and most per game by some way, think Norwood is 2nd with about 95, Hernandez is on 115 i think, Grealish is miles down overall (but obviously has had injuries tbf), quite high per game i think, top 10, but last stat i saw the top 5 per game were Hernandez, Buendia, Benrahma, Norwood and someone random, cant remember who, Ben Marshall maybe. 

Hernandez is a great player. But not a chance I’d swap Grealish for him. Hernandez performs incredibly in a good team. Jack can drag a poor team through on his own. Also those stats don’t help much as Grealish has missed so many games this season.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I never brought it up because of the incident in the last game, it’s something I’ve seen in him the last couple of seasons, which I wasn’t too concerned about until he became captain. It’s probably best to agree to disagree on this. I just personally feel the captain should hold himself to higher standards than his team mates and be the one who can keep a clear head.

If he was getting red cards every second week I’d agree, but he’s not. 

20 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Have to be honest, I kinda get the sense Jack is captain in name only.

For me, the leader on the pitch is Mings, I watched the Leeds game back the other night and Mings was front and centre for every flashpoint, calming the situation down with his majestic 8 foot frame.

Even when Adomah 'scored' and started giving some shit to Jansson, it was Mings who was there first to step in.

I love Jack, but I think I love Mings even more.

Maybe true,

but part of the reason for giving Jack the armband, I'm guessing, is to give him more responsibility and continue his journey of "growing up".

And have to say it seems to have worked a treat.

17 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hernandez mate by quite a distance, only player with over 100 chances created in the league and most per game by some way, think Norwood is 2nd with about 95, Hernandez is on 115 i think, Grealish is miles down overall (but obviously has had injuries tbf), quite high per game i think, top 10, but last stat i saw the top 5 per game were Hernandez, Buendia, Benrahma, Norwood and someone random, cant remember who, Ben Marshall maybe. 

Grealish is currently 2nd in key passes per game behind hernandez. But he was playing with Bruce for ages which obviously reduces those stats.

The main thing is that Grealish is the only player with 2 key passes per game and a pass percentage of 88%.

He also leads the league in fouls won with many of them being potential career enders. Even in the playoffs final last year Grealish probably had 2 challenges on him which were straight red. 

• Like 2

Chances created is a load of bollocks, things like playing on the wing vrs playing in the middle, taking set pieces etc. all swing it.

There must be some reason Leeds fans have this weird obsession with Grealish (which they had well before Sunday's game).

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

Chances created is a load of bollocks, things like playing on the wing vrs playing in the middle, taking set pieces etc. all swing it.

There must be some reason Leeds fans have this weird obsession with Grealish (which they had well before Sunday's game).

It's jealousy just like it is for most other fans. Who wouldn't want to have a once in a generation talent come out of their academy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

It's everyone with Grealish. And yeah, it's jealousy. Wolves are having their best season in literally 40 years and their fans are obsessed with him. Funny.

On 30/04/2019 at 00:30, Tomaszk said:

They are so scared of him it's brilliant.

It is if we end up winning games like we have?

but it also means that our other players should have more space to play in.....hope they use it to full use.?

Edited by TRO

I have a lot of thoughts buzzing in my head about Jack.

He does seem like public Enemy No.1 at Present and I think there are issues on both sides.

Its not easy to always  differentiate between a foul and a robust tackle in full flight,not always anyway and it is up to the referee to make that judgement...sigh!!!

Wasn't it Pierluigi Collina who famously/infamously said to a player who got fouled and complained...."well go down and then I can make the call....make it easier for me"

Jack is in the middle of a "rock and a hard place"....I would like to see him act a bit cuter like some of his peers....some in the top flight have to be cute, else they would be black and blue.

But his critics need to also understand stopping him from playing through illicit means is not acceptable either...... clattering players is Fouling and he gets clattered quite regularly.....clattering is NOT tackling....I think we all know a good tackler when we see one.

Jack illustrated against Rotherham that he can be closed down and shoulder barged and out numbered and still not go to ground, because he is not being fouled...yes he did score....but it is not acceptable to stop him by foul means and call it "stopping him" with legitimacy.

Opposing fans need to get used to the realities of stopping players outside of fair play.......that's what we have officials for......It just as frustrating for us when that happens and we ( as a team)can't reap the benefit from Jacks talent fairly.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Great players are always controversial. Either you hate them or you adore them. There's never been a middle ground on that. 

Unless you're Messi. Everyone likes Messi. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Great players are always controversial. Either you hate them or you adore them. There's never been a middle ground on that. 

Unless you're Messi. Everyone likes Messi. 

Ronaldo doesn't 😂

Â