The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

John terry and Ste Gerard were always at the forefront when it was kicking off.. didn’t do them any harm as captains

That’s not necessarily true, whilst they certainly have behaved like you say, I’ve seen both of them be the calm head more often than not. Besides are you seriously suggesting you rather our captain be the one kicking off, than the one trying to keep the players calm and not do anything stupid?

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

That’s not necessarily true, whilst they certainly have behaved like you say, I’ve seen both of them be the calm head more often than not. Besides are you seriously suggesting you rather our captain be the one kicking off, than the one trying to keep the players calm and not do anything stupid?

I’ve seen Jack be calm. Sometimes you need your captain to be calm, othertimes you need them leading the fight. Jack’s game has improved having the captaincy, the players respect him, why change it.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve seen Jack be calm. Sometimes you need your captain to be calm, othertimes you need them leading the fight. Jack’s game has improved having the captaincy, the players respect him, why change it.

Jack has improved under the captaincy. That’s not my point.

Anyone else seen the video a Leeds fan made of all his "dives" yesterday?  It even has a little dive and fouled counter. Oh, and of course a "fair tackle" counter that goes up to 1, I imagine you can guess which tackle that is. The thing is though, almost every "dive" is an obvious foul, to the point that even some of the Leeds players aren't really arguing, yet when a Leeds defender scythes him down after the ball had gone it's counted as a dive. There's an argument that there's 1 dive in there, but it was still a foul, it was the one from Phillips really early on when Phillips was pulling him back for about ten yards. It genuinely amazes me how blinkered fans get when it comes to Grealish, I guarantee if any of his "dives" were from McGinn, most people wouldn't bat an eye at it being a foul.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Anyone else seen the video a Leeds fan made of all his "dives" yesterday?  It even has a little dive and fouled counter. Oh, and of course a "fair tackle" counter that goes up to 1, I imagine you can guess which tackle that is. The thing is though, almost every "dive" is an obvious foul, to the point that even some of the Leeds players aren't really arguing, yet when a Leeds defender scythes him down after the ball had gone it's counted as a dive. There's an argument that there's 1 dive in there, but it was still a foul, it was the one from Phillips really early on when Phillips was pulling him back for about ten yards. It genuinely amazes me how blinkered fans get when it comes to Grealish, I guarantee if any of his "dives" were from McGinn, most people wouldn't bat an eye at it being a foul.

Have you got a link?

I've seen it, it's on Twitter, if anything it just goes to show that it's utterly pointless arguing with opposition fans, Jack gets to the ball first puts his body across the ball Leeds player puts his leg across him not getting ball but taking the man..."dive"

There's a couple of soft ones don't get me wrong but there's contact and justification for a free kick on all of them

Again back to the comment that they should be frustrated with their own daft / shit player, they can't get the ball yet still try

"Everyone knows he dives, he always dives" well your shit defender obviously doesn't know it 

Edited by villa4europe

55 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

100% agree, it was written for him to be captain,  how would you replace Jack as captain its his team ,He is a captain in every aspect of his game his efforts against Blues and Rotherham leading by example he's not a hot head he gets hacked evrey single game and gets on with it. And to be fair he comes across really good in post match interviews. 

Games when fouled 5+ times

Played 16, Goals 1, Assists 2. W7 D4 L5

Games when fouled 4- times

Played 15, Goals 5, Assists 4. W10 D5 L0

These aren’t the stats of a player diving to get an advantage, they’re the stats of a player being kicked out of the game because it’s all they can do to stop him.

Worth noting that 4 of those 5 draws in the 4 or less category he was fouled 4 times each and only played 46 minutes of the other.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fat Ronaldo will always be my favourite Ronaldo.

Fat Barry Austin will always be my least favourite Barry. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I actually think the toughest tackle on Grealish there is borderline red. That's the type of tough man tackle the game has tried to eliminate cause it ruins careers. If you look at his ankle in that shot, that's how ankles snap and you end up with Dean Ashton careers. You simply can't come in with incredible force, plow down the opponent and claim you won the ball simply cause you touched it. It's quite fantastic how hard this is to understand for some people. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There's a couple of soft ones don't get me wrong but there's contact and justification for a free kick on all of them

Also replays are slowed down, so at match speed, these are worse. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've seen it, it's on Twitter, if anything it just goes to show that it's utterly pointless arguing with opposition fans, Jack gets to the ball first puts his body across the ball Leeds player puts his leg across him not getting ball but taking the man..."dive"

Again back to the comment that they should be frustrated with their own daft / shit player, they can't get the ball yet still try

"Everyone knows he dives, he always dives" well your shit defender obviously doesn't know it 

This. A million times this.

53 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's absolutely fantastic how much he's rattled Leeds fans after yesterday.

I was saying how brilliant it was.  Until the cheat goal and sending off it was all playing brilliantly into our hands.  The fans were going wild, the referee was considered a villain, the commentator was saying how one bench was serene and calm and the other irate and animated. 

It was all a brilliant wind up which would probably have ended up with them down to 10 men. 

And this from our point of view was all totally legal and legit, they were winding themselves up and it (usually) ends up bad when that happens. 

More of the same if we meet again please.

It’s a big concern to me that opposition fans don’t like Jack, think he’s overrated, and think he dives all the time. Practically every Club we play against has a group up in arms about him.

For all we argue that the vast majority of the times he goes down it’s because he’s been fouled, for all we can point to him being savagely assaulted in at least one game in three, there are still a pretty big sized bunch who are very Anti.

Its a bit of a problem that could become a bigger one.

Oh, no, hang on.

I couldn’t give a flying toss.

😀

He terrifies the opposition, his skills are sublime, he loves the Club. 

They can all bwah wah wah all they like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â