The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes which is fair enough if Jack was some mercenary, it would be a step up, one I wouldn't be shocked or surprised at, but he's not, and the story is ridiculous.

"Shall I force through a move to that CL side, with an already solid base of English talent playing for the country? Nah. Hold on Palace are in for me, now that gets my dick hard!"

Dick hard? Please. The children

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£80m for zaha

grealish playing well as an attacking midfielder to replace the winger zaha

the idea of palace buying anyone for north of £40m

the idea of jack grealish going to palace

for some reason I don't believe them

Some half baked club like Palace would play him on the wing though. And then when he's not as effective be like 'he's overrated' 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 11:10, terrytini said:

Monty Python did a version of that showing the arrow splitting the Apple to great applause and cheering... the camera pulls back and there’s about eighty arrows stuck in the Boy, the tree, the ground......

thankfully those days seem to be behind us !

• Thanks 1

I reckon if it wasn’t for FFP we would have been able to convince Jack for stay for one more season if we didn’t go up.  

Unfortunately I’d think we’d have too much of a rebuild to do to challenge for top 2 next season and Jack would provide the money to do it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 hours ago, colhint said:

just heard a description of Jack. I don't know if its a compliment or piss take. I hope it's the former. Anyway It's

"He's a discount Messi"

I think so at times, the problem is any sentence with jack and messi in it obviously means that you are comparing the 2 and overrating jack and being a deluded villa fan again (the latest ammunition for the obsessed seems to be 1 of us phoning up WM saying how barca should sign him which is obviously representative of all of us)

but I think the ability to go past people with nothing flash is definitely there, the majority of it is in the hips and shoulders, there's not many Cruyff turns, stepovers, lollipops and drag backs etc no street skill bullshit, no beating a man 3 times for the sake of it before over hitting a cross like Nani or Quaresma, as a result it looks completely natural and easy for them

and that's before you then start looking at the weight of passing, the range isn't there, the vision isn't there but the actual way they pass a football is there

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think so at times, the problem is any sentence with jack and messi in it obviously means that you are comparing the 2 and overrating jack and being a deluded villa fan again (the latest ammunition for the obsessed seems to be 1 of us phoning up WM saying how barca should sign him which is obviously representative of all of us)

but I think the ability to go past people with nothing flash is definitely there, the majority of it is in the hips and shoulders, there's not many Cruyff turns, stepovers, lollipops and drag backs etc no street skill bullshit, no beating a man 3 times for the sake of it before over hitting a cross like Nani or Quaresma, as a result it looks completely natural and easy for them

and that's before you then start looking at the weight of passing, the range isn't there, the vision isn't there but the actual way they pass a football is there

He is an incredibly intelligent player. 9 times out of 10 he will just do the simple things but is always aware of what’s around him so knows when it’s time to play the killer pass or spread it wide. He has a great knack of creating space for himself and ridiculously comfortable on the ball. 

He really is a pleasure to watch at this level. Would love to see him continue playing this way in the premier league captaining the club he loves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Plays a bit more deeper now, similar in style to an Iniesta or Silva these days. Players that also assist the assister

He would be greatly appreciated in his home nation if he was Spanish, French, Dutch etc

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He would be greatly appreciated in his home nation if he was Spanish, French, Dutch etc

so you're saying in those countries that in the build up to a game there wouldn't be a weeks worth of build up calling him an overrated nonce with a shit hair cut who does nothing but dive and they hope that their clogger breaks his legs?

interesting

• Like 4

I think what impresses me the most is how he weights his passes. He had one across Millwall's box (at the 16 yard line give or take) towards our right flank which was weighted exactly enough so the intercepting defender couldn't reach it, but it still was placed in front of our attacking winger or fullback. I can't actually remember who recieved it (maybe Green?), but it was a brilliant ball which is very hard to weight correctly when you are charging forward with the ball at your feet. Anyone who has ever played a lot of football knows exactly how hard those passes are. Doing well weighted passes when standing still can be done by amateurs. Doing it at pace moving forward is a different game all together. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is an incredibly intelligent player. 9 times out of 10 he will just do the simple things but is always aware of what’s around him so knows when it’s time to play the killer pass or spread it wide. He has a great knack of creating space for himself and ridiculously comfortable on the ball. 

He really is a pleasure to watch at this level. Would love to see him continue playing this way in the premier league captaining the club he loves.

He showed out of this world awareness (and no small amount of skill) in his ball to Tammy for the second goal at Bolton. 

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

If Jack goes we should spend a big chunk of the money on Jarrod Bowen. 

Oh, and replace Uncle Albert with our very own Joe Lolley!

Would be a great start.

The dream is to go up, and ADD those, as well as keep Jack though ;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would be a great start.

The dream is to go up, and ADD those, as well as keep Jack though ;) 

Three born and bred Villa fans floating behind the newly converted Villa fan Tammy Abraham, coached by Villa fan Dean Smith. I'll accept nothing less next season!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Three born and bred Villa fans floating behind the newly converted Villa fan Tammy Abraham, coached by Villa fan Dean Smith. I'll accept nothing less next season!

Bowen is not a Villa fan ;) has been discussed in another thread by somebody that knows him

• Like 1

Whenever you see Robben lining up a defender, you know what he will do, the fans do and the opposition defender does as well but you just cant stop it. Its the same when Jack faces up a defender 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

He showed out of this world awareness (and no small amount of skill) in his ball to Tammy for the second goal at Bolton. 

Coincidentally I was talking about this with my mate pre-Bolton game. One of the hardest skills in the game to learn, after you've learned how to pass the ball in a straight line, is that instinctive awareness of your surroundings. Catching a team mate in your peripheral vision and having the ability to execute a pass or a layoff with pinpoint accuracy, as if you're doing so in slow motion, takes talent levels way beyond anything a mere human could manage. That little dink with the outside of his boot to Tammy against Bolton wasn't luck, he wasn't just plonking the ball into a danger area in hope, he actually placed the ball onto his head. Twisting sideways. With the goalkeeper up his arse. 

And he does this every week, even when he doesn't appear to be quite at the races he will pop up with something ridiculous like that and make it look so very easy.

Astonishing really. He's an artist.

• Like 2

Â