The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I really think Grealish should be rested on Saturday, save him for the games against Norwich and Leeds.

Definitely no ulterior motive either, no way.

It's Glenn 'the Glennsta' Whelan you need to worry about, but I will pass on your compliments to Jack.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, chappy said:

Completely agree. The ref was awful for it on Saturday and his inaction basically sanctioned it from the Wednesday players. Hoping for a better ref tonight.

So.….this didn't happen!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

If Messi scored that goal they would be talking about it for weeks. pure class. 

In fairness Adrian Durham said it was one of the best goals you will see in any division,  anywhere in the world on TS earlier. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Valid point.

I'm sure most of us would agree he is ready to play in the England squad. Does anyone disagree?

Looking at the current squad I can't see who else could be dropped for Jack. Any ideas? 

Dele Alli hasn’t done a fat lot for 12 months to be fair. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Still don't think Jack's 100% okay which is testament to him considering how influential he continues to be in the outcome of matches.

I may be wrong but he took a kick against Blackburn around 30 or so minutes in, before that he was flying but since then he's looked a little laboured......perhaps carrying a knock or an ongoing problem with his shin?

You aren’t wrong about the kick against Blackburn. It clearly hurt and seemed to be the trigger for his play dropping a few percent.

Its remained at that lower level since, where he has managed in each game to find something to drive him on when it’s mattered. I’d agree he’s struggling a bit and think it was that knock.

Jack and John went up the park to score again for the Villa, the opposition scored two in reply so Abraham got the winner. 

Sorry guys, I just felt a song coming on.

Jack's been brilliant this season and no more so than since being made Captain. What an absolutely amazing experience it must be to have all the talent Jack's got and be able to use it whilst Captaining your own club. He's living the dream right now and I really hope that we can go up and watch our man do the same for us in the Premier League. 

I think JG's Rotherham goal has to be a contender for goal of the season. The build up play was sublime. Twists away from 3 players, quick 1-2, waits for the perfect time to pass then is in just the right place to drive the ball home into the corner. Quality from start to finish. 

I noticed in the Rotherham game he had his thigh strapped, it's a bit concerning tbh.

I hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season (and the playoffs if we make them).

I can decide if the injury and niggle issues are dokey down to the constant knocks and refs not protecting him, or if he is a little glass like also and prone to picking up knocks easier.

Edited by MaVilla

Saw the Rotherham highlights earlier today.

This is a young man, carrying a club on his shoulders at the moment, a club that was on its knees, a fallen giant. Giants are heavy bastards.

Grealish then has the audacity to serve up passes on a silver platter for his teammates. The guy's just a pure gentlemen!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I know he's continued to improve, but the confidence and technique to that goal puts him on a higher level now. That was world class.

He can slot right into the top 6 clubs' midfields bar City, he's really that good. Him being underrated is a blessing in disguise because those other clubs (bar Spurs when we were on our knees financially) haven't seemed to pick up on that yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think JG's Rotherham goal has to be a contender for goal of the season. The build up play was sublime. Twists away from 3 players, quick 1-2, waits for the perfect time to pass then is in just the right place to drive the ball home into the corner. Quality from start to finish. 

It was beautiful.

But McGinn has got that wrapped up.

The goal against Rotherham was amazing, definitely has to be a contender for goal of the season. But his volley against Derby was also outstanding, as well as McGinn's earlier on in the season.

The EFL awards was a complete joke to be honest. No Villa players in the team of the season, and Neves's goal last season voted best goal. Yes it was special, but in my opinion we've scored better this season and it actually happened in the relevant season - no point giving awards for things that happened last season.

Â