The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce=Tactical genius

Bruce 1 - 3 Smith  

I'm not sure man marking someone's best player constitutes "tactical genius" especially when it still results in a 1-3 loss. 

Edited by av1

Hopefully we can get ourselves a comfortable lead by the hour mark against Rotherham. Take jack off then and bring in Lansbury. Will give jack a bit of a rest and will give Henri valuable match fitness. We need everyone fully fit for the run in. 

• Like 1

He was booted all over the place yesterday. Loads of "leaving the foot in" from casual balls in the middle of the pitch.

I don't think he's 100% either, he's very hot and cold with his sprints. Hopefully Rotherham could be a good opportunity to get him off early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Hopefully Rotherham could be a good opportunity to get him off early.

If we come out the blocks quick and are 4-0 up I'd bring him off on 34mins. however look what happend to the wolfs when they took off jota😀😀

I see Noel Whelan can't keep his mouth closed. What is it with these pundits keep coming out and talking crap about Grealish, it's highly annoying that they are saying he should look elsewhere instead of staying at Villa. Seriously why don't they go and do that with other players, why does it have to be Grealish they're saying leave. 

They need to do one thing which is shut up and just do there job in being a pundit instead of trying to poison the lad against us.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I see Noel Whelan can't keep his mouth closed. What is it with these pundits keep coming out and talking crap about Grealish, it's highly annoying that they are saying he should look elsewhere instead of staying at Villa. Seriously why don't they go and do that with other players, why does it have to be Grealish they're saying leave. 

They need to do one thing which is shut up and just do there job in being a pundit instead of trying to poison the lad against us.

And At such a crucial time in our season too, it's really getting on my nerves.

1 hour ago, HAL said:

I'd keep him on the bench next game and only use him if needed. Last thing we need is him getting injured 

In theory that sounds good, in reality it would come off as arrogant and negligent - it's not a cup game and we have points we need.

Rotherham are fightimg for their lives, and after all, are a Championship Club, not Rushden and Diamonds (do they still exist)?

It would be better to take him off early as another poster suggested when the game looks settled.

Imo of.course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

When he was breaking into the first team there were questions surrounding his professionalism and future.

There was obviously a time of maturation for Jack that came about when he chose to commit to developing as a footballer.

From then on we've really seen him take the game and make it his, reaching new heights. I have every bit of confidence he will apply himself and reap the rewards from here.

The volley that Grealish scored from the corner, or even the one he scored last season, they weren't one hit wonders.

The amount of manipulating that football with his feet that he's done, with the level of concentrated effort, and audacity to test his skill level.

He's really becoming more than just a talent, he's a hard working professional.

Many are touted with promise, many boast great potential. Few have the commitment and ethic required.

Keep it up Jack!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And At such a crucial time in our season too, it's really getting on my nerves.

https://playingfor90.com/2019/04/09/jack-grealish-ready-make-big-impact-tottenham-next-season/

Another one, it's highly peeing me off that I just had to say something in the comments. They really need to shut the hell up and let nature takes it with a move. If its going to happen it will happen but its like they cant stand Grealish being where he is or they are spurs fans trying to force spurs back into action.

Do wish they would give it a rest. 

I think the standard opposition tactic is to hoof him early. If the ref books the player (like vs SHA) then it free's Jack up a bit as the player can't keep doing it. If the ref is weak (like against Wednesday) he takes a load more hits which have to have an effect. We need our players overreacting to these tackles, getting into the ref's ear from before kick-off. 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2019 at 11:34, Dave-R said:

https://playingfor90.com/2019/04/09/jack-grealish-ready-make-big-impact-tottenham-next-season/

Another one, it's highly peeing me off that I just had to say something in the comments. They really need to shut the hell up and let nature takes it with a move. If its going to happen it will happen but its like they cant stand Grealish being where he is or they are spurs fans trying to force spurs back into action.

Do wish they would give it a rest. 

Why read such twaddle if it winds you up? Just ignore it

On 09/04/2019 at 16:18, Pez1974 said:

I think the standard opposition tactic is to hoof him early. If the ref books the player (like vs SHA) then it free's Jack up a bit as the player can't keep doing it. If the ref is weak (like against Wednesday) he takes a load more hits which have to have an effect. We need our players overreacting to these tackles, getting into the ref's ear from before kick-off. 

Completely agree. The ref was awful for it on Saturday and his inaction basically sanctioned it from the Wednesday players. Hoping for a better ref tonight.

The guy trod on him when he clearly could have avoided Jack. Why should he just keep taking the hits and accept the refs turning a blind eye? I don't mind him having a little roll around as it may drawer the refs attention to the fact he's being mailed a bit more! 

What great skill for our winner tonight. Fantastic player for the Villa and so much sweeter due to him being a fan! 

• Like 1

Â