The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Leicestor have maddison and harvy barnes

wolves have neves and some double barrelled named kid who they think is the títs

e3verton paid 50m for siggerdson they really gonna flush that down the drain ?

and why would anyone see bournmouth as a step up. playing infront of those 20k crowds....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!..... thats big time!

The crowd size is irrelevant though.

They currently play in the premier league, so every other week he’d be playing in front of 60k. He’d get a pay rise. Currently players from there are getting picked for England. All reasonable reasons he could leave in the summer (not that I think he will)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Playing for England isnt the that important for successwhen it comes to the Villa.

Villa Euro Champs in 1982 and only Peter Withe made the England squad and unused at that.

Euro Young player of the Year Gary Shaw totally ignored and Tony Morley who had terrorised European defenses left out of the squad at the end.

Then you have Cowans and Mortimer.  

It is outstanding how that Villa from 80-82 had so few established (If any established) Internationals

Bit of a closed shop in those days. It even took ages before Bryan Robson got selected.  I don't understand Southgate's view on not picking players from the championship. If you are good enough then you should be picked. Grealish offers something which I don't think other players in the squad have, although theres a lot of good young talent around right now. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Leicestor have maddison and harvy barnes

wolves have neves and some double barrelled named kid who they think is the títs

e3verton paid 50m for siggerdson they really gonna flush that down the drain ?

and why would anyone see bournmouth as a step up. playing infront of those 20k crowds....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!..... thats big time!

My 'etc' post was obviously indicating that there are plenty of other teams that would be considered a step-up from a Championship Villa, that are below the Top 6. Not those exact 5 teams I listed. Although, I'm sure I could come up with a number of valid responses to your straw-clutching.

If you genuinely think that the only place that Grealish could go, and be able to continue playing 'like Jack Grealish', is Man City, then you're pretty delusional.

Our best hope at keeping Jack is that either we get promoted, or that our owners have a high valuation in mind that must be met, and that no-one meets it. Otherwise, it's extremely likely that he'll be gone to a Premier League team, if we're still down here.

• Haha 1

You’re have to be living in cloud cuckoo land to not see that Bournemouth is a step up from Villa. We need to get our heads out of our arses. Until we go up and have a stable ship (I.e. not one that’s desperately trying to get to the play offs in the second division and looks unable to sign any players), we are not an attractive proposition and a stable premier league team with England national players is a far better place to be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that's a very negative outlook. We may well lose Jack to Spurs or somebody of that ilk, if we dont go up

But Bournemouth? Nah. I don't think so.

Good side, very good manager. Those things are temporary. Jack isnt just any Villa player. He wont leave for just any club, even if they are (currently) in the PL.

And who said we can't buy any players?

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think that's a very negative outlook. We may well lose Jack to Spurs or somebody of that ilk, if we dont go up

But Bournemouth? Nah. I don't think so.

Good side, very good manager. Those things are temporary. Jack isnt just any Villa player. He wont leave for just any club, even if they are (currently) in the PL.

And who said we can't buy any players?

But if we’re in the Championship, the only pull that we would have over 7th-14th Premier League teams is that he’s a Villa fan. (Oh, and of course, our history which means diddly squat).

I don’t think it’s a negative outlook, it’s just realistic. To keep on the Bournemouth example, he’d be playing for a team that have established themselves as a Premier League team and are now pushing for the Top 10, he’d be playing under a good, young manager playing good football, would be playing alongside some young talent (Mepham, Ake, Ibe etc) and would be much more likely to get an England call-up.

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Possibly a controversial opinion, but I'd say Jack Grealish has overtaken Mark Bunn to become the best looking player at the club.

You have to be joking? Jack has the worst hair and facial hair I have never seen. 

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Possibly a controversial opinion, but I'd say Jack Grealish has overtaken Mark Bunn to become the best looking player at the club.

Anybody watch 'Vikings'? Ivar the Boneless... 

ivar-alexhogh-andersen.jpg

Grealish-623498.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Nah that's defo between Whelan and McGinn. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 15:40, Paddywhack said:

I'd say Callum O Hare's got better cheekbones, but Bunn does have a strong jaw.

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Quietish game by his standards but I think that's a good thing as it looks like Smith has tried to stop our over-reliance on him as a team. Did well of course.

Think that speaks volumes about the team, that Jack did not stand out

• Like 1

He didn't do anything to grab people's attention today, but I don't think there's a chance we play like we did in the first half without him being the focal point. He drags everyone in the team up a level.

• Like 1

Â