Jump to content
kevangrealish

Jack Grealish

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems I'm in minority but Southgate is right.

I'd be amazed if Jack is still playing in championship at 25 so would say we'd need to go up this year. We have a shot so let's achieve that and then he's far more likely to stay.

He'd be right if he hadn't picked other players from this league.

Also, let's not forget that teams like San **** Marino are also the 'standard' of international football. 

Southgate is a word removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts on the premier is it's to easy to become lazy there, players and clubs can become so relaxed that they take there eye off what's important. I think that is why you have a fraction of that premiere who have always been that elite who know what the prize is and aim for it. The rest well they eventually fall out of the league much to like what we did. Our club became lazy and lost sight of the ball, players getting rich and those In charge sucking the club dry without any real sight on what it's all about. 

You now have Darren Bent saying Grealish would get the nod from Southgate if he was in the premier. It's really not tough to see what is happening so close to the end of the season, these high profile figures in football are saying this all in hopes he leaves us. I would put a bet that if Grealish goes up without us, that Southgate still wouldn't choose him, not unless one of the top five have him. It's more than well know he is a manager who clearly has his favourites and doesn't look elsewhere or he would come knocking to give Jack and other talent a chance.

Why is it that there are so many good a player in the championship that they are just as good a player than many in that premier. The problem here is by Southgate making that statement he has clearly signalled out many in football, many of whom are of an amazing talent, who could become brilliant playing for England. I think it really shows the level on which we treat one an other as well, why should someone not be given a chance when they are playing brilliant all because they are in a different league to the next person. It really sounds and looks as if many in football are being thrown to the trash, not given a chance, because in many eyes they are not worthy unless they move into the premier.

It's just so wrong this level of thinking, no wonder why we have failed to win a world cup since 1966. We have truly forgot how to reward talent with the chance to play football at an international level all because players are in the wrong league, disgusting it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dick said:

He'd be right if he hadn't picked other players from this league.

Also, let's not forget that teams like San **** Marino are also the 'standard' of international football. 

Southgate is a word removed.

Fair point on Mason Mount but he is 3-4 years younger than Jack so guess he didn't know him from under 21s (unlike Jack) so wanted to have a look at how he did in training. Butland is just number 3 keeper, if Pickford had got an injury Heaton would've come on I think. Fair to say Butland might be back up if he was back in premier league (he's said that himself recently).

I really respect Jack's loyalty and wanting to get us back up but there is so many years of his career he can give us in championship. His international career is already on hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grealish is kicking his own ass playing Championship football, when if we are really, genuinely, totally being honest...he should have forced a move this summer for the good of his career.
One man's loyalty is another man's questioning of motivation.

He is too good for us, if we go up this season he will still probably still be too good for us. He is a top, top player and would only be better playing in a better team.

 

Saying that, I hope he never leaves because I am a selfish bastard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Grealish is kicking his own ass playing Championship football, when if we are really, genuinely, totally being honest...he should have forced a move this summer for the good of his career.
One man's loyalty is another man's questioning of motivation.

He is too good for us, if we go up this season he will still probably still be too good for us. He is a top, top player and would only be better playing in a better team.

 

Saying that, I hope he never leaves because I am a selfish bastard.

 

I love Jack but I think he will his level will either be a squad player for a top 6 team or a starter for a mid table team trying to break in to top 6.  He will end up at a Leicester, Wolves or West Ham.  I don’t think he would play enough for Spurs.

If only we could keep him for a few more years and grow at the same speed Wolves have managed too. We all know that’s unlikely though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So of our midfield McGinn, Hourihane, Jedinak, Whelan, Birkir, and El Ghazi, are all considered good enough to be picked for their National side, but Jack, with more quality than them all combined, isn’t ?

Utterly ridiculous.

Glad though, I’d rather him fit and firing for us.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack will move on this summer if we don’t get promoted for a variety of reasons in my opinion and I won’t begrudge him either. However Southgate stating he needs to play PL football is fine however you can’t say that and then call up Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount. Sorry but he loses credibility in doing so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So of our midfield McGinn, Hourihane, Jedinak, Whelan, Birkir, and El Ghazi, are all considered good enough to be picked for their National side, but Jack, with more quality than them all combined, isn’t ?

Utterly ridiculous.

Glad though, I’d rather him fit and firing for us.

I imagine he'd have a good shot at starting for his national side had he'd been from Island, Australia, Scotland or Ireland.

England are far superior to those nations both in terms of quality and quantity when it comes to players to pick from.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will end up at a Leicester, Wolves or West Ham.  

If he does that it will serve him right when he finds himself back in the Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Spurs had sorted themselves out and Grealish got the move last summer, he'd already have been capped by now. It's sad that the Championship excuse is costing him as he's more than good enough.

There's absolutely no way he stays this summer if we don't go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If he does that it will serve him right when he finds himself back in the Championship. 

You really think one of these teams will eventually get relegated? I think they are regular Premier League mid table teams now. Like we were for so many years. 

I’d include Everton in that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised Southgate has come out and said what he's said. He's effectively saying Grealish needs to leave Villa if he wants a call up to the England squad.

I understand you need to see players doing it against the top opposition but players like Mount & Hudson-Odoi have been called up for doing far less than Grealish has.

We really need to go up this season as there is a chance Jack now looks to leave if he is desperate for caps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What anoys me is is Southgate is just perpetuating the top six dominance in signing players. By playing people like Hudson-Odoi who has hardly featured in the prem Southgate is turning players heads at lower league clubs. He is a **** - the only people his attitude helps is the top six in prem, players will sign for them knowing they dont even need to play reguarly. It doesnt even do Southgate any favours to say this!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

What anoys me is is Southgate is just perpetuating the top six dominance in signing players. By playing people like Hudson-Odoi who has hardly featured in the prem Southgate is turning players heads at lower league clubs. He is a **** - the only people his attitude helps is the top six in prem, players will sign for them knowing they dont even need to play reguarly. It doesnt even do Southgate any favours to say this!

Yep.

Players...

Want to be rich and financially rewarded. Prem.

Want to get in the England team? Prem.

Teams...

But wait, get more fans in each week than Bournemouth, Fulham and others, well that's too bad - they get the higher % TV money.

It. Is. Flawed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sne said:

I imagine he'd have a good shot at starting for his national side had he'd been from Island, Australia, Scotland or Ireland.

England are far superior to those nations both in terms of quality and quantity when it comes to players to pick from.

Flimsy.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I buy Southgate's arguments. It's reasonable to say Jack needs to show what he's made of in the Prem against the best. Jack's awesome for us, but there's so much more time down here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't leave Villa if I was him. The money is great, the fans love ya, playing for England or in the "top flight" would not be interesting to me. Playing for "my" club would.

Another Charlie Aitken!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Load of shit tbh. If he's good enough he's good enough.

Hudson-Odoi's whopping 6 appearances all season hasn't shown you anything. 

Southgate really didn't need to say all of that. He should have left it at, "He's a player we track." He is pretty much saying, I won't look at picking him because he's playing in the Championship, so he's advising Jack to leave us, like he did himself. Jack is better than that. It's a good job that Southgate added that he is "an ex-Villa man", because these comments do little to suggest it. He has clearly become Billy Big Time since he took  the England job! :rolleyes:   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm VERY annoyed that people have no problem disrespecting us by basically, AND publicly telling our prized assets they need to leave to "better" themselves or play international football.

It's all the more annoying when it's from people who you think have a "love" for Villa.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â