The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Does Southgate even watch the championship or take notice of it, in fact the championship can be just as skilful and I'd certainly say it's more gruelling than the premier. 

This whole notion that players must play in the premier is complete wrong, alot of talent is more than being overlooked because of it. Half the teams up there are being missed out anyway when it comes to capable talent. I think another thing is if your a club and fan favourite it goes more for you  Clubs can also play rubbish in the premier yet they have many a good player who are also discarded and not chosen because the team as a whole isn't performing, it does affect a player. You also have the top clubs, the top half of that premier is a pool of players that almost guarentee picks and it's wrong because they often base it off of the team playing well and not of the statistics of a player. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal, Tottenham those are the five clubs that dramatically increase your chances of being picked as an English player.

So much that is under looked when it comes to a player making it to England squad and someone like Gareth should know better than make a statement like that. Gareth making that statement has most like put the notion of Grealish moving on in his head and add to that those clubs will be thinking that the first decent offer and he will want to leave.

I hate Southgate for coming out with that in the media, he should of stayed silent, why now, why at a time when the season is coming to an end where clubs will come calling and poaching. I'm not saying he should stay with us if that offer is there, if it was anyone of us we would go up the top unless he's happy staying put and never playing for England. Jack could be a legend and I think he could do it with us but we need promotion this season now.

The owners will have to stamp this out by saying Grealish is out of reach unless a crazy offer comes in.

39 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Does Southgate even watch the championship or take notice of it, in fact the championship can be just as skilful and I'd certainly say it's more gruelling than the premier. 

This whole notion that players must play in the premier is complete wrong, alot of talent is more than being overlooked because of it. Half the teams up there are being missed out anyway when it comes to capable talent. I think another thing is if your a club and fan favourite it goes more for you  Clubs can also play rubbish in the premier yet they have many a good player who are also discarded and not chosen because the team as a whole isn't performing, it does affect a player. You also have the top clubs, the top half of that premier is a pool of players that almost guarentee picks and it's wrong because they often base it off of the team playing well and not of the statistics of a player. Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal, Tottenham those are the five clubs that dramatically increase your chances of being picked as an English player.

So much that is under looked when it comes to a player making it to England squad and someone like Gareth should know better than make a statement like that. Gareth making that statement has most like put the notion of Grealish moving on in his head and add to that those clubs will be thinking that the first decent offer and he will want to leave.

I hate Southgate for coming out with that in the media, he should of stayed silent, why now, why at a time when the season is coming to an end where clubs will come calling and poaching. I'm not saying he should stay with us if that offer is there, if it was anyone of us we would go up the top unless he's happy staying put and never playing for England. Jack could be a legend and I think he could do it with us but we need promotion this season now.

The owners will have to stamp this out by saying Grealish is out of reach unless a crazy offer comes in.

He's lying, that's all it really is. 

Sorry Gareth, but that's dogdirt.

You've shown your favouritism towards players sat on the bench of big teams. Doesn't matter who they're playing, or how often, it's the club they're at.

Shame to hear that from one of my favourite Villa players ever. Norwich, Leeds, Sheff U and Villa would all comfortably beat that Czech Republic side.

Physicality?! PHYSICALITY GARETH?!? Are you f**%#g kidding?!

Grealish gets booted up in the air countless times per game. The games are just as fast, if not faster than the Premier League. 

Those excuses are bobbins. Plus the fact, as others have mentioned, Championship players have been called up under Southgate. Delph has played more games for England than City in the last 12 months, surely having match fit and sharp players is helpful?

Grealish is quite clearly a class above the Championship, more fool him for not giving him an opportunity. Surely a call up and watch him in training and give him minutes in a friendly will help. 

• Like 2

It all. Sounds to me like Southgate saying if you want yo play for England Jack you need to leave villa if they don't go up in the summer. 

Southgate talking garbage. The level of the championship is very high, very aggressive and more games than the Premier league. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Physicality?! PHYSICALITY GARETH?!? Are you f**%#g kidding?!

Grealish gets booted up in the air countless times per game. The games are just as fast, if not faster than the Premier League. 

The Championship is much more physical, but he is right in regards to pace of the game. The PL is much much faster. 

Jack has played at a higher level too seem to recall him running the show against Liverpool at Wembley against a midfield with Coutinho Henderson and Gerrard maybe Emre Cann too.  Think he was only 19/20 at the time.

The evidence is there for anyone to see that the boy is gravy.

Has potential to go up another few levels too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with Southgate. You need to see players performaning against the best. Grealish looks a world beater in this league. But so did Bobby Zamora. 

And Mason Mount.

If the window opened now and Jack went to Spurs, he'd be straight in the England team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I'm glad he's not getting called up for a couple of reasons (1) I despise the national team and have no interest in international football and (2) it would cement his departure this summer. No way he sticks around as soon as he starts making the England squad and making some appearances.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be honest I'm glad he's not getting called up for a couple of reasons (1) I despise the national team and have no interest in international football and (2) it would cement his departure this summer. No way he sticks around as soon as he starts making the England squad and making some appearances.

Yeah this is true. The double standards is what pisses me off. He'd definitely get tapped up.

Really don't understand Southgate's comments; they contradict everything he stands for; giving youth a chance and if you're good enough, you're good enough! Plus the fact he's picked players who dont play at their clubs often aswell as the likes of Mount who plays down here too. Jack is the Most fouled player in the championship, has matured tenfold in the last 2 seasons, and clearly has the nouse and ability to make a mark in that England squad. Surprised at Gareth for these remarks tbh

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be honest I'm glad he's not getting called up for a couple of reasons... it would cement his departure this summer. No way he sticks around as soon as he starts making the England squad and making some appearances.

And you don't think the England manager telling him he needs to be playing in the PL cements his departure?

If we don't go up, I expect him to leave.

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And you don't think the England manager telling him he needs to be playing in the PL cements his departure?

If we don't go up, I expect him to leave.

True. I hate Southgate, complete word removed, hated that rat faced prick ever since he left us for Boro.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Grealish if you think about it is the hottest British property around in this country. If we don't go UK we really can command a massive fee for him. I have a feeling Liverpool might come in for him in the summer just a inkling. 

Â