The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Hudson-Odoi called up to the England squad. Good player with great potential but really?

Really hope we get promoted because Jack is never going to get called up unless he plays in the PL, and even then he'll have to play lights out.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Hudson-Odoi called up to the England squad. Good player with great potential but really?

Really hope we get promoted because Jack is never going to get called up unless he plays in the PL, and even then he'll have to play lights out.

I know the lad has potential and a lot of hype but genuinely baffled he got a call up. Looks a bit out of his depth in some games he has started for Chelsea

He's been back for 4 games; made quite an impression- Southgate will be well aware of his form. Wouldnt be surprised if he's already had words with Jack and Dean to say he will be in his plans. Dean, like us, more than likely doesnt want him going away right now with his shins still being monitored closely, and the importance of needing him fit for the run in. Jack will get his call up sooner rather than later, that is obvious to me!

I'm happy for Grealish not to get a call up until next season after the transfer window closes. We all know what happens when a Villa player get's called up to the England squad, see Young, Downing, Barry, Milner, Delph...

For this season and especially right now we need him regaining his fitness, steering clear of injuries and flying under the radar as much as possible whilst being the best player in the Championship as we all know he is.

The same goes for rival fans calling him overated, let them think that whilst he tears them apart.

• Like 1

Grealish will want to play for England. He's just seen that being a rarely used sub for one of the so called top 6 gets you into the England squad, whereas being outstanding in the Championship doesn't.

Sets an ugly precedent.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm happy for Grealish not to get a call up until next season after the transfer window closes. We all know what happens when a Villa player get's called up to the England squad, see Young, Downing, Barry, Milner, Delph...

For this season and especially right now we need him regaining his fitness, steering clear of injuries and flying under the radar as much as possible whilst being the best player in the Championship as we all know he is.

The same goes for rival fans calling him overated, let them think that whilst he tears them apart.

I agree with your post but, after his outside of the box volleyed goal in his first game back and his post-assualt winner at the Sty, I think the chance of him 'flying under the radar' has gone!

As keen as he will be to represent his country, I hope Jack realises it will be better to protect the final stages of his recovery and rest in readiness for his beloved club's final push.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Grealish will want to play for England. He's just seen that being a rarely used sub for one of the so called top 6 gets you into the England squad, whereas being outstanding in the Championship doesn't.

Sets an ugly precedent.

Honestly it's just another cynical way in which it's ensured that the top team gets funneled all the top talent. You're almost forcing players to move from their clubs if they harbour any sort of international ambitions.

Player X is killing it for his team at a lower level for almost 2 years - no call up.

Player Y makes 2 or 3 starts for a top 6 club - immediate call up.

How do you compete with that? The only answer for player X is move to a top 6 club at the first opportunity.

• Like 2

The Blues couldn't hurt Jack, they tried and tried tried

But they couldn't stop Jack or the Villa, you see

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly it's just another cynical way in which it's ensured that the top team gets funneled all the top talent. You're almost forcing players to move from their clubs if they harbour any sort of international ambitions.

Player X is killing it for his team at a lower level for almost 2 years - no call up.

Player Y makes 2 or 3 starts for a top 6 club - immediate call up.

How do you compete with that? The only answer for player X is move to a top 6 club at the first opportunity.

I think the answer for player X is move to a top league. I don’t think it has to be a top 6 team to get a call up. Past squads under Southgate are good evidence of this. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the answer for player X is move to a top league. I don’t think it has to be a top 6 team to get a call up. Past squads under Southgate are good evidence of this. 

I include players that play for smaller clubs in top leagues in that too.

James Ward Prowse had to perform for like a year before he got called up.

Hudson-Odoi makes 6 appearances for Chelsea and boom.

If you're English and play for a top 6 club, you barely have to do anything to get into the national team, you almost pick yourself.

• Like 1

Â