The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't need to. We had Brian Little. 

They have Che Adams.....but the hate for Jack is unprecedented and juvenile.....we don't do that to Che.

4 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Indeed! I just hope he stays fit for the remainder of the season. Besides the obvious attack, he took a few heavy tackles in the game too. Great he was taken off when he was, the rest will help him tonight. 

He should be quite used to the 'regular tackles'... I'd be more concerned how he handles the attack now, from a mental perspective. Best case scenario is it'll just to spur him onto performing on an even higher level. Guess we'll soon find out.

14 minutes ago, vreitti said:

He should be quite used to the 'regular tackles'... I'd be more concerned how he handles the attack now, from a mental perspective. Best case scenario is it'll just to spur him onto performing on an even higher level. Guess we'll soon find out.

I have no doubt this will be the case.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

False equivalence. Sterling moved to Wembley at the age of five and came up through the English system. Owen Hargreaves would have been a better comparison and a section of the England support never took to him for precisely that reason. 

I used Sterling as he has no connection to England besides moving there as a child. He qualifies to play for England, not through grandparents or parents but because he has become a citizen by naturalisation. England used the rules to their advantage just like the majority of countries do. I think international fans are annoyed with players like Grealish and Rice as they have played with Ireland for years only to play with someone else at senior level. That is a place that could have been given to a player who will benefit the senior teams. 

Today Rice has been called up to the England squad despite playing twice for Ireland at senior level. The cynic in me thinks an agent gets in these players ear and convinces them that playing for England means better contracts and bigger sponsorship deals. But who knows.  

I've been considering the short and long term effects of what happened on Sunday. 

I wonder if teams might be slightly less inclined to kick Jack all over the pitch after seeing what he dealt with, we'll see that tonight if it ends up being the case, if this happens it would be a massive pro for us. 

However, on the flip side, I worry that Sunday will make it easier for Jack to leave in the summer, particularly if we don't get promoted. He captained us and scored the winner away to the scum, not sure he can achieve any more of his personal goals with us beyond that in the next 12 months or so. 

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've been considering the short and long term effects of what happened on Sunday. 

I wonder if teams might be slightly less inclined to kick Jack all over the pitch after seeing what he dealt with, we'll see that tonight if it ends up being the case, if this happens it would be a massive pro for us. 

However, on the flip side, I worry that Sunday will make it easier for Jack to leave in the summer, particularly if we don't get promoted. He captained us and scored the winner away to the scum, not sure he can achieve any more of his personal goals with us beyond that in the next 12 months or so. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wolves have achieved European football in their first season out of the Championship. We may still be promoted this year.

Imagine playing a lead role in carrying your club out of despair and on to glory at the highest level once more. I'd take that over scoring a winner against Birmingham.

I've never met Grealish in my life, so I'm not going to pretend to know or speak for his personal goals and ambitions. I can only hope he has dreams of continuing at Villa.

On another note, what about the goal versus Derby? I thought his last volley from the top of the box was world class..

22 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The bottom line is they cant stand we have a homegrown kid who looks the part, acts the part and is a talent they will never have of their own. The fact he's Villa and hates them as much as they hate him riles them to the point they feel the need to do what they did. Envious jealous hatred is what we saw, and Jack had the last laugh it was the most satisfying feeling for all of us on Sunday. Their whole club has been seen for what we all know they truly are, it couldnt have played out any better.

14 years without a win against us must be so painful, I remember going about 6 games of losing to that lot when I was what 15-18, and the rage it caused within was unbearable. Im glad all those wrongens have to experience this time after time as we show our class, our club got a lot of media love and exposure this week thanks to them, and that will grind on them too. So cheers nobrots, you never disappoint 😘

Too true, I remember sitting in the pub around Christmas time as a teenager when they beat us 2-1 at VP, the culmination of a bad few years. I honestly felt like crying and wondered if we would ever beat them in my lifetime.

Times change.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Too true, I remember sitting in the pub around Christmas time as a teenager when they beat us 2-1 at VP, the culmination of a bad few years. I honestly felt like crying and wondered if we would ever beat them in my lifetime.

Times change.

before they came up to the Prem i can remember being a kid the last time we played them in a cup game at Villa Park and they had some soppy blonde haired curtain wearing drip who got sent off (Tait or Tate i think his name was) for pushing one of our players (might have been Neil Cox or Teale or someone) over the adverstising hoarding and into the crowd. Theyve never changed, forever filth that lot😂 !

Thought it was one of his poorer games tonight but that might just be because of how highly I think of him. Wasn't quite in full flow but just the amount of set pieces he wins for us a huge bonus. 

• Like 1

Â