The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Exactly this.

clearly they take into account what he can afford..

but if he can afford a season ticket, can afford whatever he had to drink to get his Dutch courage,  and can afford to risk his job by acting like a clearing in the woods.. he can afford more that £350.

i got a £300 fine for handing my tax return in late.

go figure.

Apparently he told the court he was sober, and like most SHA's he's unemployed.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Soap? He won't understand the question. 

He might understand when his cellmates rephrase it by introducing themselves.

" My name is Ben Dover, and this here is Phil McCracken. You have a pretty mouth. Lets be friends."

12 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't think the US justice system is anything to champion given the recidivism rates.

Oh, I’m not championing it.  I was just surprised by a couple obvious differences.  I have made no study of British justice and have no experience with either.  I was just honestly surprised.  

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The bottom line is they cant stand we have a homegrown kid who looks the part, acts the part and is a talent they will never have of their own. The fact he's Villa and hates them as much as they hate him riles them to the point they feel the need to do what they did. Envious jealous hatred is what we saw, and Jack had the last laugh it was the most satisfying feeling for all of us on Sunday. Their whole club has been seen for what we all know they truly are, it couldnt have played out any better.

14 years without a win against us must be so painful, I remember going about 6 games of losing to that lot when I was what 15-18, and the rage it caused within was unbearable. Im glad all those wrongens have to experience this time after time as we show our class, our club got a lot of media love and exposure this week thanks to them, and that will grind on them too. So cheers nobrots, you never disappoint 😘

You're right.

but when they had Trevor Francis, we never acted like that.

That idiot couldn't have done a worse thing in terms of PR.....Jacks profile is bigger than ever and his club is public enemy No1.......If I was a Blue nose, I would be right ****** off with him, never mind a ban, he wouldn't get to his seat, if they allowed him in, for what he has done to his club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Oh, I’m not championing it.  I was just surprised by a couple obvious differences.  I have made no study of British justice and have no experience with either.  I was just honestly surprised.  

If the sentencing and destinations were similar to that in the US then I'd imagine there would be fewer occasions in the UK where someone would plead guilty immediately and thus be able to be processed as quickly as this.

39 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I was surprised by how quick it was as well to be fair but then neither myself or any of mine have been in this kind of trouble with the OB so I hadn't ever really considered it. 

I wonder if it's some special rule for football or unusual events, if you watch Quadrophenia all the mods and rockers are sentenced in court the following day though I appreciate that's just fictional.*

To be fair our re-offending rate is nothing to write home about either, I mean no one's going to blink when they hear this dick is back behind bars again in the future are they? 

* And I'm pretty sure Paul Mitchell never got to shag Leslie Ash in an alleyway before his arrest. I think she was more like this

sad fat woman GIF

Something tells me we have yet to see the worst of what's to come at the grounds. It seems Maggie Thatcher's assault on the hooligans in the 80's has only made them more organised behind the scenes. Now it's starting to spill into the stadiums again, the only problem now is that the country is less stable than what it was then and with knife crime going on, anymore incidents will see the erection of fences again.

It won't be long before this goes really political, those who are making the attacks and organising won't care one bit. The fact pundits, media and even us keep talking about it only brings this into the path of politicians. Some politicians if they had there way would see football removed from the earth if they add the chance. You can see the powder keg we live in now, this country has had dark times and it's continuing on. There is literally nothing for people to do anymore and people would rather destroy other people's lives in an instant without thinking of the punishments or even caring about them.

I doubt the prat who's had 14 weeks in a prison will even care about that sentence, he will most likely do it standing on his head, unless be is made to suffer inside by a bunch on villa fans.

As I said I don't think this is the end, for a long time hooligans had done this sort of stuff away from the grounds to avoid capture and fight one and other. Now it's spilling into the stadiums, the only difference now is that they see those playing the game as a trophy as well which makes them even more dangerous.

The players that have been attacked could of been dead it's that simple, security needs to be tighter and more security needs to be employed. The police charge a fortune to police a game, yet stewards cant carry cs gas, stun guns or batons, there needs to be an inbetween and to me that inbetween should be door security staff who patrol the clubs at a weekend and they could be trained in how to use correctly. For a long time  frontline door supervisors aka the boumcers/door security had a very tarnished record with the police. Over the past decade since hooliganism died down, they have made the role quite proffesional, ive worked it myself and am thinking of going back into it this year. The only other thing that could be done without fences and using door security is employ armed forces as plain clothes, I see some of those plain clothes running on for these thugs and they are 50 to 60 years olds, you need fit lads who can more than handle themselves.

What really makes my blood boil is it didn't stop at just one assault on Jack, the steward or camera man had a go, Elmo had coins hurled at him and Tammy was racially abused, football again is in a very dark place.

So Sad...

Can we take this thread back to Grealish / Gresford / Freakish now please.

If you want to post about the pitch invasion, there is the R&R thread or the sha thread. If you want to talk about a bigger picture which might surround this, then start a new thread in "other football".

Thanks

On 12/03/2019 at 08:58, The_Rev said:

I just want to throw out the idea that perhaps the FAI have a guy whose job it is to see which future international prospects have any kind of Irish heritage and basically ask them to the prom first. 

There is no doubt Ireland have someone who performs this role. As do every other country! There are players who are eligible to play for multiple countries and international teams will always want the best talent. England did it with Raheem Sterling and no one is complaining about that, except probably Jamaicans! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Can we take this thread back to Grealish / Gresford / Freakish now please.

If you want to post about the pitch invasion, there is the R&R thread or the sha thread. If you want to talk about a bigger picture which might surround this, then start a new thread in "other football".

Thanks

Indeed! I just hope he stays fit for the remainder of the season. Besides the obvious attack, he took a few heavy tackles in the game too. Great he was taken off when he was, the rest will help him tonight. 

13 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Fair enough, sorry - my misunderstanding. The secret barrister did a write up of the charges explaining it all, which is definitely worth checking out.

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

There is no doubt Ireland have someone who performs this role. As do every other country! There are players who are eligible to play for multiple countries and international teams will always want the best talent. England did it with Raheem Sterling and no one is complaining about that, except probably Jamaicans! 

False equivalence. Sterling moved to Wembley at the age of five and came up through the English system. Owen Hargreaves would have been a better comparison and a section of the England support never took to him for precisely that reason. 

Â