The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The amount of football fans that hate Grealish simply because he has a swagger about him and he runs circles around their teams is ridiculous. A lot of "I can understand why he did it"'s flying around forums. Football fans can be such manchildren. Dudes just mad because their best players are cloggers like Martin Keogh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The amount of football fans that hate Grealish simply because he has a swagger about him and he runs circles around their teams is ridiculous. A lot of "I can understand why he did it"'s flying around forums. Football fans can be such manchildren. Dudes just mad because their best players are cloggers like Martin Keogh.

Apparently it’s because he dives all the time, always surrounding the referee, and the best one, if you met him out in a club he would thing he’s a big man. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently it’s because he dives all the time, always surrounding the referee, and the best one, if you met him out in a club he would thing he’s a big man. 

Yeah he definitely dives all the time and isn't really kicked from pillar to post every game. Dude gets at least 1 Kieftenbeld challenge a game.

Like I said they're just bitter because their teams can't get anywhere near him and he just runs rings around them.

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I have to admit to being extremely anti Ronaldo for very similar reasons. 

Extremely glad to finally have someone of our own that drives other fans potty.

The one thing that people have not mentioned ia that he will have to pay a victim suecharge to Jack of £100.

Nothing to Jack but probably quite a lot to him....That will feel like a kick in the guts🙂 and probably piss him off more than the jail time.

Classy thing for Jack to do would be to match it and donate it to charity

29 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

The one thing that people have not mentioned ia that he will have to pay a victim suecharge to Jack of £100.

Nothing to Jack but probably quite a lot to him....That will feel like a kick in the guts🙂 and probably piss him off more than the jail time.

Classy thing for Jack to do would be to match it and donate it to charity

Or put it towards training stewards lol

British justice vs American.  In the states guilty verdict and sentencing would be at least a year away. More likely 2.  Culprit out on bail in the meantime.  Sentence likely to be 2-3 years, not 14 weeks.  

Any word on the steward that shoved Conor and Jack?

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My Fulham supporting friend absolutely hates Jack for this reason, which is also why he hates Ronaldo, Suarez, and every Italian international...  Texted me after the game yesterday: "I would normally condone someone punching Grealish, but that was completely uncalled for.  Glad he scored the winner."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

British justice vs American.  In the states guilty verdict and sentencing would be at least a year away. More likely 2.  Culprit out on bail in the meantime.  Sentence likely to be 2-3 years, not 14 weeks.  

Yep. That'll happen in a country where jails are run as a for profit business. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It has shocked me the number of people who really detest him just for having short socks and floppy hair.  Even some quite sensible people I know have been the discussion with "I'm really no fan of Jack Grealish but" 

It does remind me of non Man U fans opinions of a young Beckham. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

T'was mentioned earlier in the thread mate. ^_^

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ordered to pay £100 to Grealish, £150 Victim charge and £135 prosecution costs.

Little shit got off lightly imo.

• Like 1

If he continues with the level of performance he has shown last 2 games he is definitely gone in the summer if we don’t go up. 

Not only is he a top player he has the look and has shown tremendous character for his reaction and then scoring the winner. He has become a football celebrity and that is what sells shirts.  30 odd million will probably be accepted. 

It will be sad to see him leave but I think it’s inevitable. Hopefully we can reinvest all of the money. 

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Any word on the steward that shoved Conor and Jack?

I don't think the US justice system is anything to champion given the recidivism rates.

Considering where Jack was at a few years back his career could have gone either way with his behaviour off field.  Yes he was very young.  I have to say I am proud to call him captain of Aston Villa and I am proud of how he handled himself on Sunday.  He has become a man the last few months.  He is leading be example and since coming back from injury.  First class in his interview also after the game.  It is there for all to see how proud he is himself in playing and captaining the Villa!

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

The sooner he gets called up to the England squad the better for his reputation. 

This is another reason Jack isn't liked. He played his entire international career to date with RoI and then said he wanted to play senior for England. There are a lot of bitter Irish fans out there! 

I used to go to quite a lot of the RoI games and when I'd say I'm a Villa fan people who be straight onto Jack, giving him abuse for changing. 

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd imagine removing this utter degenerate from his kids lives would actually do them a lot of good rather than harm.

wasn't he sat next to his dad and he encouraged him to do it? coupled with reports of altercations with grealish's family at the courthouse, those kids have no chance...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

This is another reason Jack isn't liked. He played his entire international career to date with RoI and then said he wanted to play senior for England. There are a lot of bitter Irish fans out there! 

I used to go to quite a lot of the RoI games and when I'd say I'm a Villa fan people who be straight onto Jack, giving him abuse for changing. 

That's bizarre logic though. I know they say Ireland's greatest export is Irishness and that identity is a complex thing but Jack was born in England to English parents, great grandson of an England international and he's lived in England his entire life, carries a British passport and speaks with a broad Birmingham accent. He does, however have one Irish grandparent and I just want to throw out the idea that perhaps the FAI have a guy whose job it is to see which future international prospects have any kind of Irish heritage and basically ask them to the prom first. It's not really fair to put this on people in their mid teens and expect them to feel the same about the situation when they are in their twenties as someone whose family have lived in Cork for twenty generations would. It's happening again with Declan Rice isn't it? 

• Like 2

Â