The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I guess they need to take in to consideration it was his first offence and the fact he has a little kid and one on the way. They shouldn’t be punished because their dads an idiot.

I got three kids.

might just pop down to the local Barclays with a sawn-off..

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

No he won't. He be seen as he is.....A silly dickhead who will do anything for attention. The dudes a pussy that's why he hit grealish from behind like a coward. You don't get cred for that. TBH he should've been charged with terrible technique aswell. What he did wasn't tough, brave or clever. It was retarded and he will now be known by all as that retard.  

Eubank jr said the technique was quality lol

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

This guy has earned his wings and has received massive boost to his "cred" within the zulu army.

He will be treated like one of the main men now. For a guy of that age who has probably only held down shitty jobs and is regarded by people who know him as a bit of loser its mission accomplished. If no one remembers you, you've never existed.

A bit like that lunatic in northern ireland micheal stone and the guy out of the film ID who proves himself by smashing a bus window "in front of the lads". It's how human garbage like that operate.

You need people like monk to come out and disown the whole fan base. He had the chance and flapped it..... better not upset the status quo.

No he really won't. He be seen as he is.....A silly dickhead who will do anything for attention. The dudes a pussy that's why he hit grealish from behind like a coward. You don't get cred for that. TBH he should've been charged with terrible technique aswell. What he did wasn't tough, brave or clever. It was retarded and he will now be known by all as that retard.  

• Like 2

Whilst I’d have been content to see this Master Of Disguise or Blues fan hung, drawn, and quartered, the Magistrate isn’t really there to deal with the pitch invasion aspect.

In assault terms he’s hit a guy once on the head and caused so little damage that guy has immediately recommenced playing high intensity football (and scoring the Winner hahahahahahahahahaha - sorry I digress) .

So If it’s first offencevetc etc blah blah....I can sort of see why it’s only 14 weeks....( and Jail won’t be fun)

I think those that are worried he gets some “status” needn’t be concerned.

A few football thugs will love him, possibly, until they grow up, but he will have a Criminal Record, his kids will grow up and find out what an arse he was, and he will never be quite sure somebody isn’t going to clonk him one ( I know I wouldn’t fancy the idea that several thousand fans - some of whom will be as thuggish as him - of another Club knew all that about me).

So he’s had his bit of fun, but he’s a long long way from getting off Scott free.

• Like 2

As for the Steward thing, I’ve thought for ages it’s only a matter of time until this - fairly recent - thing of them dragging players out of the crowd backfires.

Lets face it, they are hired hands, the players are multi million pound assets.

Imagine that incident with Jack and the Steward had done Jacks leg putting him out for the season. 

Now imagine it was in a vital game, say a Play Off semi final. Could cost a Club millions.

Players shouldn’t jump into a crowd, but that’s dealt with in the Laws of the Game ( though it tickles me it only ever applies to the goal scorer....Mings disappears for about a minute lol)........a Steward pushing one or deliberately hurting one shouldn’t be possible.

While I’m at it why hasn’t the Away section at VP got ANY physical barrier to the pitch at all ? I can’t think of any other ground off top of my head we visit where we could stroll straight onto the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Secret Barrister on Twitter did a nice thread on this tonight.

The guy was charged with battery which has a maximum sentence of 6 months in prison (had Grealish been injured then he would likely have been charged with Actual Bodily Harm which carries a maximum sentence of 5 years). Encroaching onto a football pitch has a maximum sentence of a fine so wouldn't have affected his prison sentence.

An offender who pleads guilty at the earliest possible opportunity is entitled to a third off his sentence.

Therefore the absolute maximum he could have been sentenced to was 17 weeks. 

So actually 14 weeks is quite a harsh sentence, and they must have concluded it was a "category 1" offence (greater harm AND higher culpability). He guesses that they would have justified it by saying Grealish was more vulnerable because he was doing his job and had his back turned, and the higher culpability was because the offender deliberately targeted him.

The Secret Barrister actually concluded that it was quite a harsh sentence, especially for a first offender which I believe he was. He can't comment fully without seeing the full sentencing remarks, but he thinks it was probably done as a deterrent to other offenders.

"Stiff sentence, but justifiable" is his conclusion in a nutshell.

Link: 

Interesting read, I think the punishment has to fit the crime and I think it did while some people will 14 weeks isn’t enough and some people will think it’s harsh it’s probably about right, the guys an idiot and it was disgusting especially from behind but as stated Jack wasn’t particularly hurt as he carried on playing professional football and scoring. What I want to know though is how come it was dealt with so swiftly? Like he’s actually at her majesty’s pleasure right now? How come you read stories in the local paper crimes and they seem to take an age to get through the court? 

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Interesting read, I think the punishment has to fit the crime and I think it did while some people will 14 weeks isn’t enough and some people will think it’s harsh it’s probably about right, the guys an idiot and it was disgusting especially from behind but as stated Jack wasn’t particularly hurt as he carried on playing professional football and scoring. What I want to know though is how come it was dealt with so swiftly? Like he’s actually at her majesty’s pleasure right now? How come you read stories in the local paper crimes and they seem to take an age to get through the court? 

He explains that in the thread. I won't quote it all, but basically it's pretty common for it all to be done in 24 hours when the Crown Prosecution Service isn't needed (I don't know why and when it is needed, but in this case it wasn't)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

It's hard to know what a deterrent is for people thick enough to do this kind of thing.  It doesnt sound like a very stiff sentence to me but then I hate any sort of criminal anyway and would happily let them rot.  Would the team getting hit by deductions hurt the perpetrator sufficiently?  I'm not sure that these bellends have the ability to understand there will be consequences like that, I guess the only thing you can do is cover the first however many rows of seats to make it nigh on impossible to get to the pitch.  If they have stewards who are attacking people then a proper hefty fine and points deduction would be right.

10 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I think it’s because he pleaded guilty to the charge and the evidence was pretty conclusive.  No need to adjourn. 

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's hard to know what a deterrent is for people thick enough to do this kind of thing.  It doesnt sound like a very stiff sentence to me but then I hate any sort of criminal anyway and would happily let them rot.  Would the team getting hit by deductions hurt the perpetrator sufficiently?  I'm not sure that these bellends have the ability to understand there will be consequences like that, I guess the only thing you can do is cover the first however many rows of seats to make it nigh on impossible to get to the pitch.  If they have stewards who are attacking people then a proper hefty fine and points deduction would be right.

Surely any sort of prison sentence should be a deterrent?

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

No he really won't. He be seen as he is.....A silly dickhead who will do anything for attention. The dudes a pussy that's why he hit grealish from behind like a coward. You don't get cred for that. TBH he should've been charged with terrible technique aswell. What he did wasn't tough, brave or clever. It was retarded and he will now be known by all as that retard.  

Unfortunately there are bluenoses that are proud of what he did. I’m actually still quite disturbed that I work with one. Definitely now see that person who I actually used to like in completely different light. Will try to avoid as much as possible from now on.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Personally I think the best punishment for Blose would be if we are in same league next year the game at the sty should be played behind closed doors and all their fans banned form villa Park. 

That will really piss off the blosers and have more people turn on that cretin. When he gets out I am sure he will be a marked man by both sets of fans. Really stupid he has ruined his and his families life. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The irony of someone wearing a flat cap and Lulu jacket (an actual Lulu jacket, such things exist?) who has a young child and baby on the way running onto a football pitch and physically assaulting a football player thinking that ANYONE else is a nob is so great that my head cannot processs all of the irony and some of it is falling out of my ears. 

I dont know whether to feel sorry for some of these people or actually envy them. Must be liberating to be so stupid. 

Â