The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought for an unprovoked attack like that it would have been referred to crown court. 14 weeks out in 7 to a heroes reception in his local, where’s the deterrent? The stadium ban is practically uninforceable after a month or two when it’s all died down. 

The football authorities need to take a lead. This is virtually no punishment and will only act as encouragement to others who want their 5 minutes of fame. Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The stadium ban is just the police conclusion isn’t it?

i imagine Blues will ban him for life if they have even an ounce of common sense. 

They announced that within minutes of the game ending

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i imagine Blues will ban him for life if they have even an ounce of common sense. 

They have, they announced it right after the game. That'll be trivial to avoid though.

He's not getting in to a game for 10 years thanks to face recognition cameras and having to report to the station, but once that's over it'll just be a matter of going a fake name or getting someone else to buy his tickets.

• Like 1

14 weeks and £350 in fines, really? I couldn't imagine 14 weeks in jail, but it's not a deterrant for the next person, that should be the minimum for just invading the pitch. It was assault which could of led to serious injury or death as Jack had his back turned and couldn't defend himself.

These magistrates should start thinking of the worst outcome possible from the incident when attributing a decision, rather than the outcome of the incident, then it may just deter the next person.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 1

He ran on to the pitch, punched some guy facing the other way, and saluted his own fans knowing full well he’s on TV.

this is worse than some guy getting into a fight on a night out. 

He WANTED infamy, the gutless magistrate should have given it to him.  Full 6 months.

More on today's trial in full as it happened here!

A dad-of-one is facing jail after admitting assaulting Aston Villa footballer Jack Grealish during a pitch invasion.

Paul Mitchell, aged 27 and from Rubery, launched the cowardly attack during Sunday's second city derby.

The incident took place in the 10th minute of the game between Birmingham City and Aston Villa at St Andrew's.

Â