The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I love how he has taken over Gabby's mantle of being the Villa fan who scores the winning goal against small heath

Made all the sweeter by the fact that those are 2 players the sha fans give the most stick. 

Just now, VillaCas said:

Bluesnose in the pub says Grealish is hated because he has made derogatory comments about SHA in the past

I’m unaware of this. Is it BS or any truth?

Well of course he has, who hasn't?

Still, they should be flattered he even gave them the time of day 

Jack is being pretty chilled about the attack in the post game interview.  Best way to be I think, don't let the bastards get you down, be cool under fire and they'll soon stop trying to provoke a reaction.   He'll probably get kicked in the air again at Forest but I think the way he has handled today has probably meant others won't be looking for him so much. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Clearly a fan, no problem with that, but donning a yellow vest on behalf of the club he had two sly kicks at Grealish - and this is after the major incident - it's not only thuggery, but he clearly felt the previous undeserved attack was somehow not enough, not only stupid but also employed by the club - it takes it all to another height.

I think the worst part of that is the steward is probably in his 60s. he is probably a grandparent

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Well of course he has, who hasn't?

Still, they should be flattered he even gave them the time of day 

I’m not aware of Grealish saying anything particularly inflammatory prior to this or other games

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

The overriding issue for me is not just the retarded individual but more the reaction of the fans. They lauded it like they had won the game. It was not an isolated incident involving one person but a collective from a downtrodden bunch of window lickers. The authorities should throw the book at the scummy club who are just a pile of shit period. The moment fans start running onto pitches to assault players they don't even know is the moment banter ceases. Especially blindsiding them as there is far more risk of concussion. That goes for any club. Hopefully the individual gets made an example of along with the club and the thousands of idiots that thought it was clever.  

Hear hear.

Regarding the incident, are a couple of our players a bit lucky that they didn’t get sent off?

Im not saying they should have, but I’ve seen various clips over the years of fans running onto the pitch, players attacking them in retaliation and getting a red card for it. 

Couple of our guys, hourihane and Abraham, seemed to have a bit of a dig at the fan. 

They might be lucky that the ref had a bit of common sense in that particular moment. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Regarding the incident, are a couple of our players a bit lucky that they didn’t get sent off?

Im not saying they should have, but I’ve seen various clips over the years of fans running onto the pitch, players attacking them in retaliation and getting a red card for it. 

Couple of our guys, hourihane and Abraham, seemed to have a bit of a dig at the fan. 

They might be lucky that the ref had a bit of common sense in that particular moment. 

I'd have got them off the pitch in protest if that happened.

• Like 1

A lifelong Villa fan from Solihull who got punched in the back of the head by a jealous and nasty Blues fan and then scored the winner in a game between two bitter rivals, whilst wearing the captains armband. Jack today showed how to shut up his critics without resorting to dirty behaviour, hats off to him - you couldn't make it up could you?!

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm still staggered about the steward, I'm pretty sure that they will get the book thrown at them more for that than an idiot fan, as bad as that was.  The league need to make a proper example, and it needs to be something that hits the fans hard to act as a deterrent.  The stupidest thing is that there will be morons who get inspired by it.

Apparently he wasnt a steward he was s photographer and he wss kicking because his video equipment was getting trodded on

Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish has spoken of his relief that Birmingham City fans punch with all the strength of a pre-pubescent girl, after he was attacked from behind but still able to go on to score the winner.

The Birmingham supporter entered the pitch in the 10th minute and swung with all his might to leave Grealish wondering why a little girl would be picking on him in the middle of a football match

After dusting himself off, the Villa man went on to produce a man of the match performance and a winning goal, to show that maybe letting little girls hit footballers isn’t as productive as Birmingham fans thought it might be.

Grealish said, “I felt something from behind, it kind of reminded me of being in primary school when a girl would get angry at you and punch you in the arm. I liked primary school, so it was quite a nice little flashback.

“I was admittedly very surprised to find out it was a grown man that had thrown the punch, but then it was a Birmingham fan, so I’m surprised he managed to run the fifteen yards required to get to me.

“Still, I understand he was trying to take me out of the game – but that worked out well didn’t it? Or maybe we’d have won 3-0 and I’d have got a hat-trick if he hadn’t done it. In which case job done I guess?”

The FA has said the incident will be dealt with appropriately, and fans across the country have admitted that very few of them would shed a tear if Birmingham city were wound-up entirely with the ground demolished and buried underneath a supermarket.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/10/aston-villas-jack-grealish-relieved-that-birmingham-city-fans-punch-like-little-girls/

I reckon a couple of our lads had a bit of a dig at the pratt looking at the footage. 

Also I've seen footage of the goal celebration taken from the home end which really shows Mings having a right go at the steward. 

We protect our own. 

Â