The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

They won't get a points deduction. This didn't

The individual punishment will be grossly insufficient, as well.

A football fan has been jailed for 16 weeks after he admitted attacking the Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland during a match.

Aaron Cawley, 21, from Cheltenham, pleaded guilty to assault and invading the pitch during Wednesday's Championship match against Leeds United on Friday. He was also ordered to pay £85 costs and given a six-year banning order.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The that is a well written apology from them...

but still give them a twenty point deduction 

It’s quite interesting this has made news in Italy and the states...

It's a double smack down, the league are within two weeks of slapping them with a points deduction - this will not help that cause - the fact it has gone global is because of the mindlessness of that fan at a time when norms are being disrupted, we should all be bothered by that incident - it transcends football. I honestly think that responsible people in government will lean on the authorities and we will see BCFC not only deducted points but possibly have their 17 fans banned from the stadium for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

At the end of the footage showing the steward assaulting Jack, you can see another steward, (with a neck brace, probably off work) pushing and having a go at Mings. It beggars belief that they are actually a football club.

Theyve always been an embarrassment to our city,  but this is a new low today even for that lot. 

He is obviously not the brightest though it would make sense why he is now wearing a neck brace ;)

Must of been a horrific experience for Jack's folks watching that happen in real time. What if that piece of vermen had a knife or piece of glass in his hand. Birmingham City should 100% have to play their remaining home league games behind close doors whilst a thorough investigation of their security takes place. It doesn't matter that they have been fine up to now and it never happened before. If it happens once, that's too many times in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They won't get a points deduction. This didn't

The individual punishment will be grossly insufficient, as well.

With all due to respect to that incident this is a much high profile game and grealish is a far bigger name these days.

they will get a fine but can’t see a points deduction. A big fine though that won’t help their ffp aspirations

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

At the end of the footage showing the steward assaulting Jack, you can see another steward, (with a neck brace, probably off work) pushing and having a go at Mings. It beggars belief that they are actually a football club.

Theyve always been an embarrassment to our city,  but this is a new low today even for that lot. 

...and this totally topples the narrative that it was just 'one idiot and there's nothing you can do about it'. One thing for a 'fan' to run on the pitch and assault one of our players (which at the minimum exposes failures in crowd control) but another thing when at least one of their stewards assaults one of our players.

Very severe measures need to be taken against them. Nothing should be off the table, including a points deduction.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Must of been a horrific experience for Jack's folks watching that happen in real time. What if that piece of vermen had a knife or piece of glass in his hand. Birmingham City should 100% have to play their remaining home league games behind close doors whilst a thorough investigation of their security takes place. It doesn't matter that they have been fine up to now and it never happened before. If it happens once, that's too many times in my opinion.

It's a matter of time, there is a serious issue right now with societal basics. 

• Like 1

His statements after the match, Smith being so bullish about him being here long term. There isn't enough money in the world to take him off us if he wants to stay.

That said, BCFC should be playing their games behind closed doors for a while till they have had time to sack their security and prove to the league the new lot are up to it. Even if you take away the clearing in the woods trying to punch Jack from behind and bundling him over, the fact that a f*?)!ng steward is trying to knee/kick one of the players celebrating a goal should be enough for heavy sanctions. Add to that the idiot who attacked Jack and it's never been seen in british football type stuff. No fans at their games till they can prove to have sorted it out would be a good punishment and a massive fine for the incidents in the first place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With all due to respect to that incident this is a much high profile game and grealish is a far bigger name these days.

they will get a fine but can’t see a points deduction. A big fine though that won’t help their ffp aspirations

Can't see a basis for points deductions as it wasn't a sporting incident, it was their lack of security and a fan. So no fans in the ground will they can prove beyond doubt players will be safe there and a huge fine for it not being safe in the first place. As for the binner who did it, surely lifetime stadium ban?

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

His statements after the match, Smith being so bullish about him being here long term. There isn't enough money in the world to take him off us if he wants to stay.

That said, BCFC should be playing their games behind closed doors for a while till they have had time to sack their security and prove to the league the new lot are up to it. Even if you take away the clearing in the woods trying to punch Jack from behind and bundling him over, the fact that a f*?)!ng steward is trying to knee/kick one of the players celebrating a goal should be enough for heavy sanctions. Add to that the idiot who attacked Jack and it's never been seen in british football type stuff. No fans at their games till they can prove to have sorted it out would be a good punishment and a massive fine for the incidents in the first place.

Until the steward did this I would have said it is unfair to criticise their response - but it did happen, a little bit gilette jaunes...

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Can't see a basis for points deductions as it wasn't a sporting incident, it was their lack of security and a fan. So no fans in the ground will they can prove beyond doubt players will be safe there and a huge fine for it not being safe in the first place. As for the binner who did it, surely lifetime stadium ban?

Lifetime stadiums ban would be more apt. 

• Like 1

I'm normally to loathe to see clubs punished due to the actions of a small number if idiots, but in any walk of life past misdemeanors are normally taken into account. 

Small heath has an absolutely atrocious record with their fans so it gets to the stage where I see no other option, the league needs to take action. 

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That goes without saying. I think he should be getting a lengthy prison sentance. Talking years.

I moved up to The Highlands 18 months ago and there’s been a big story up here about a Hibs fan coming on to the pitch and confronting the Rangers captain on Friday night. There has been other incidents, bottle thrown on to the pitch etc. Football has been told to get it’s act together or the Scottish Govt will get involved. 

These incidents were nothing compared to today. This sort of thing could set things like safe standing back years and put us back behind cages. 

• Like 1

The overriding issue for me is not just the retarded individual but more the reaction of the fans. They lauded it like they had won the game. It was not an isolated incident involving one person but a collective from a downtrodden bunch of window lickers. The authorities should throw the book at the scummy club who are just a pile of shit period. The moment fans start running onto pitches to assault players they don't even know is the moment banter ceases. Especially blindsiding them as there is far more risk of concussion. That goes for any club. Hopefully the individual gets made an example of along with the club and the thousands of idiots that thought it was clever.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm normally to loathe to see clubs punished due to the actions of a small number if idiots, but in any walk of life past misdemeanors are normally taken into account. 

Small heath has an absolutely atrocious record with their fans so it gets to the stage where I see no other option, the league needs to take action. 

I'm still staggered about the steward, I'm pretty sure that they will get the book thrown at them more for that than an idiot fan, as bad as that was.  The league need to make a proper example, and it needs to be something that hits the fans hard to act as a deterrent.  The stupidest thing is that there will be morons who get inspired by it.

Â