The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All Smiths talk about "He has a long term contract and a big future at Aston Villa" in the post match interview sounded very defiant.

Captaincy is also probably a psychological play.

Exactly what i said today. Great decision by smith imo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

All our next opponents will most likely target Jack now after a performance like this.

They will kick him at any given opportunity.

So a totally normal game for Jack then. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Smith saying a lot after the game about Jack having a long future here, being the future of the club and has a long term contract here. Probably just him being a fan and conveying his way of saying please stay you beautful man like the rest of us.

Could be this, and all the effort is welcome.

That being said, we need to realise ownership has changed.

These owners will most likely think he is indispensable for both playing and morale reasons.

They will be selling him the dream and ambitions for the club as we speak!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Same bloke gave me a £10 note featuring a fully erect jeremy corbyn hovering over a bemused jane austin

That'll be a fake mate. 

You'll never see a fully erect Jeremy Corbyn, everyone knows he's got no backbone :trollface:

• Haha 1

Just remembered an utterly outrageous bit of skill he did today with some kind our outlandish back heel straight to the feet to Elmohamady (who of course then lost it) 

I couldn't even work our how/what he did, it was like watching a cricket batsman performing a reverse sweep, just majestical. 

If Ronaldo or someone had done it you would see it on compilation videos forever more. 

• Like 2

When you look at the ridiculously inflated transfer fees for just above average players, a home grown player with Grealish's outstanding and rapidly maturing ability should command an absolute fortune. He could become a genuine world class playmaker so the bidding would need to start at fifty million minimum!  I still hope that NSWE can somehow persuade Jack to stay at Villa.

Then boy is worth more than money. What a pleasure to see him play so well and captain us. It's my dream and it's his dream and that's special.

Whatever happens I am delighted to see Jack captain Aston Villa.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

All our next opponents will most likely target Jack now after a performance like this.

They will kick him at any given opportunity.

Nothing new there then he's the most fouled player in the league dont you know, I still remember that game against Hull when they kicked him from pillar to post (might have been his debut)

• Like 1

Looking back at when he signed his new contract, it does seem pretty certain he's in this for the whole ride. Any other articles on a release clause are speculative, with that reliable news outlet The Sun saying it is "extremely high" - but not attributing the quote marks to anyone...

Villa CEO Christian Purslow said: "Securing the long-term future of Jack, a player we believe will play a pivotal role in leading Aston Villa back to where it belongs, is fantastic news for everybody associated with our football club.

"He is a tremendous talent who has been with us since he was a child and naturally we are delighted that he has now committed the next five years of his career to Aston Villa."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11507538/jack-grealish-signs-new-five-year-aston-villa-contract 

• Like 1

Jack is a top, top talent.

He is on a long term contract, which is good.....baring injuries, jack will always be our talisman and the adhesive that brings this team together.....We need to keep him and the only way to do that is promotion.

We know what Jack can do.....so it's more a case of what we can do as a club to build a team around him, so we can all go up together.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just remembered an utterly outrageous bit of skill he did today with some kind our outlandish back heel straight to the feet to Elmohamady (who of course then lost it) 

I couldn't even work our how/what he did, it was like watching a cricket batsman performing a reverse sweep, just majestical. 

If Ronaldo or someone had done it you would see it on compilation videos forever more. 

This is always going to be the case though - the bigger the team, the more popular the player and the more plaudits they'll get.

We have it at Villa; Grealish's goal is outstanding but isn't a patch on McGinn's (it was closer, a training ground routine, a 'simpler' strike) but because he's 'one of our own' it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the goal of the season award. Football is nearly as much about popularity these days as it is talent.

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yes and championship referees will as per usual do nothing about it and just watch it happen.

He is bar far the most fouled player in the league, even missing such a chunk of the season. He gets plenty of fouls, i'm not sure what more refs could do. 

Â