The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

29 minutes ago, villarocker said:

This is not itk but, tonight in my local, I chatted with a Villa fan who I know that claims to know Jack's relatives. He said Jack is definitely gone in the summer. A caveat to that was; we've had a bid of £25m accepted by Chelsea for Tammy Abraham. However, Tammy wants assurances about who we will be signing before he accepts the offer. We've apparently given him 4 weeks to decide. 

Imagine a guy on loan demanding to know who we’re signing before he signs for us permanently. 

Behave. 

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Is there any, ANY, chance that Jack stays this summer?

For me, its just that he might think he wants to give us a full season. One more crack at it. 

Losing Jack would be the biggest loss in the last 20 years. He is everything that we have. 

I think there is. Having been out for 3 months I just can’t see anyone shelling out the money for him. 

Smith when asked on WM why Jack was captain, said he had leadership qualities but also that he has a long term contract at the club and so it’s steps towards the future by having him as captain. Whether it was an attempt to get Jack to stay who knows

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Is there any, ANY, chance that Jack stays this summer?

For me, its just that he might think he wants to give us a full season. One more crack at it. 

Losing Jack would be the biggest loss in the last 20 years. He is everything that we have. 

I think if we finish the season in flying form and look to add quality in summer, he might stick around until January

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we play the way we played in the first half today, we’ll be in the mix, no doubt, are we ready to be promoted? Let’s see

Yes because we have very rich owners that could finally spend

• Like 1

I think Jack will be wasting his talent if he stays here for another season. He is a wonderful player.

At the start of the season I just wanted him to give us one more year, but having watched us the past few months, I just want to be selfish now.
I don't want him to leave, ever. He is the only joy I get watching this team now.  We are an abysmal football team without him, bereft of talent or entertainment.
He is wonderful. I was excited to go to Villa Park today purely for this guy.

• Like 4

Just now, villa4europe said:

fulham spent £101m on 15 players

overhauls like the one we would need are hard to do

So stay in championship and risk losing Grealish and limit the talent we can attract?

I almost don't want him to perform this well if it still results in us missing play-offs which I think is likely. The better he plays in the next 11 games, the more noise there will be around him departing, especially with no promotion.

The guy is unbelievable, we are a million times better when he plays. There is no way multiple Premier League clubs haven't sat up and taken note. 

Either take us to the play-offs or try to be a little bit less amazing please! 😆

Edited by Avcol
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So stay in championship and risk losing Grealish and limit the talent we can attract?

go up before we're ready, stink the place out and come back down? probably losing grealish in that process anyway?

dont see the point in that personally, im not desperate to go up, i dont buy in to this PL be all and end all lets just get up and be happy to be there, i want a running jump and try and do something when we get there

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

All Smiths talk about "He has a long term contract and a big future at Aston Villa" in the post match interview sounded very defiant.

Captaincy is also probably a psychological play.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I think Jack will be wasting his talent if he stays here for another season. He is a wonderful player.

At the start of the season I just wanted him to give us one more year, but having watched us the past few months, I just want to be selfish now.
I don't want him to leave, ever. He is the only joy I get watching this team now.  We are an abysmal football team without him, bereft of talent or entertainment.
He is wonderful. I was excited to go to Villa Park today purely for this guy.

Agreed.

If he actually choose to stay in the summer he will be my favorite Villa player of all time.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Will they ever get along?

But someone on the Internet says they don't get on.  I don't understand. 

Kinda feels like people make stuff up and false rumours can spread on the Internet but that's obviously not the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine a guy on loan demanding to know who we’re signing before he signs for us permanently. 

Behave. 

Hey, I'm just repeating what was said to me. Doesn't mean I believe it either. However, there's a guy in the same pub, a regular just like the guy today, who claimed to know the family when we were negotiating a new deal back in the Premier League days and he got that spot on. However, that was a different fella so maybe this is nonsense. I guess time will maybe tell. 

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All Smiths talk about "He has a long term contract and a big future at Aston Villa" in the post match interview sounded very defiant.

Captaincy is also probably a psychological play.

Just watched the interview, he references the long term future at the club and kinda underlines it by repeating it again - “he’s the future of the football club”. 

It may just be a nice soundbite for supporters to feel positive about and when push comes to shove it will be necessary to sell Jack. That’s what I’m bracing myself for. The money for Jack helps the future of the club. 

On the otherhand he does appear to be rather defiant on the subject.

Hmmm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Hey, I'm just repeating what was said to me. Doesn't mean I believe it either. However, there's a guy in the same pub, a regular just like the guy today, who claimed to know the family when we were negotiating a new deal back in the Premier League days and he got that spot on. However, that was a different fella so maybe this is nonsense. I guess time will maybe tell. 

This ridiculous story just got worse

• Haha 1

Â