The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Yes if you are good enough you are old enough.  Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers aren't much older. He should be given a chance to be part of the first team squad next season.

Sterling was touted as Liverpool's best prospect for generations before his debut.

Shaw is probably the best 18 year old to come through in my lifetime (granted I'm only 26!), has the physique and athleticism of a player in their mid twenties AND plays a position where you could say is the easiest to blood a youngster.

Milner was literally the best all round athlete in England at 16. Northern boys cross country champion, offered rugby union and league scholarships AND played cricket for Yorkshire's youth cricket team. He was always going to be ready early. 

Chambers I haven't really seen, but if he's a local lad then it wouldn't surprise me as Southampton's catchment area for players is much more vast than most, so it could be said they would find it easier to find youngsters who are "good to go." 

My point being, the youngsters not having any lower league game time and striding into the premiership are "good enough". Majority of youngsters are not able to jump in like that.

And thats not a slight on Jack in any way, he's a great prospect.

I just don't see what the rush is personally. 

• Like 2

Young Jack Grealish, of course on loan from Aston Villa. He had a very good game, a couple of assists there. I think that he's a player that will go back Villa, his parent club, at some stage but he's doing very well for Notts County.

Stan Collymore on Late Kick Off last night.

• Like 1

There's no rush either, i think us being so bad makes people think more about our younger or on loan players a bit more especially when they're doing well. He's what 18? He could go on loan for another 2/3 (not suggesting it) seasons and come back here with all that experience but still only be 20/21.

• Like 1

There's no rush either, i think us being so bad makes people think more about our younger or on loan players a bit more especially when they're doing well. He's what 18? He could go on loan for another 2/3 (not suggesting it) seasons and come back here with all that experience but still only be 20/21.

But other teams manage to give game time to teenagers. Fulham are currently in a relegation dogfight and are doing it, I think Norwich (not certain) also have.

I don't think anyone is expecting JG to be our saviour, but there is nothing wrong with giving him a chance next season. Especially when the coach of the youth team has said he is ready to step up.

But other teams manage to give game time to teenagers. Fulham are currently in a relegation dogfight and are doing it, I think Norwich (not certain) also have.

I don't think anyone is expecting JG to be our saviour, but there is nothing wrong with giving him a chance next season. Especially when the coach of the youth team has said he is ready to step up.

I'm not too bothered about what fulham and norwich are doing in fairness, not every young player is the same. Next season i'd like him to atleast be part of the squad before some 2m foreign budget squad addition but theres not a lot you can really do is there? All im saying is even if he isnt involved next year he's still a few years from his 20's. Theres really no rush.

I think you need players who they can look up to in the side, I remember when we bought Barry through, he had massive personalities he could look up to like Southgate, Merson, Taylor etc, if we bought in a player who could put their arm around them possibly Vlaar and Guzan.

Kev I know you said Sid had praised your brother before and said he was ready for the first team, do you know if he has stayed in contact throughout the loan? Doubt he'll be brought back early, but maybe a run out upon return

1st one,mikey, is not really, sid and a few other coaches have went to see jack play a few times. And jack was back at villa when he finished his first loan spell with notts in jan I believe for a week or two. But besides from that the answer is no, no contact has been made between the club and jack since.

2nd one, anty, is no, there were rumours in the papers about arsenal and united expressing an interest a few months back but besides from that I dont know where liverpool has came from. Also they were only just rumours let me clear that up ;)

And third one,anty, is his contract is up in 2015 summertime. So after this season he'll be in his final year.

Frig sakes, 1 year. Villa need to get their finger out and sort this out.

I think you need players who they can look up to in the side, I remember when we bought Barry through, he had massive personalities he could look up to like Southgate, Merson, Taylor etc, if we bought in a player who could put their arm around them possibly Vlaar and Guzan.

Gabby  :)

1st one,mikey, is not really, sid and a few other coaches have went to see jack play a few times. And jack was back at villa when he finished his first loan spell with notts in jan I believe for a week or two. But besides from that the answer is no, no contact has been made between the club and jack since.

That's bloody shocking treatment. There should be regular contact with any player on loan to see how they are doing, give advice etc. Just sending a lad off and not giving much of a **** is no way to be bringing through youth players. 

• Like 2

Â