The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't get this "He's not ready, let him develop naturally...." or "He is not ready phisically".

BS, throw him in the deep end like Arsenal did with Walcott!

Yeah that's worked out amazingly for him, hasn't it? 

Well yes it has really.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game no matter level your playing at.

For some reason at this club we have a massive reluctance to give our own youth a chance. Look at another example like James Millner or Rooney. No one is saying play him 24/7.

So you think it would be better for Villa/Jack to be playing little bits of games every now and then rather than being a first team regular whilst on loan at another club?

I don't get this "He's not ready, let him develop naturally...." or "He is not ready phisically".

Yeah that's worked out amazingly for him, hasn't it? 

Well yes it has really.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game no matter level your playing at.

For some reason at this club we have a massive reluctance to give our own youth a chance. Look at another example like James Millner or Rooney. No one is saying play him 24/7.

So you think it would be better for Villa/Jack to be playing little bits of games every now and then rather than being a first team regular whilst on loan at another club?

Well if he had proved good enough then I hope he would be getting more than little bits of games.

I think Jack needs another loan. Bright prospect having a decent season.

33 Games for Notts, 5 goals and 4 assists, not a bad return in a struggling team but i'd like to see him tearing a league like that up and grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. Sheehan (22nd) and Campbell-Ryce (11th), both at Notts, register in the top of the table for assists this season.

I'll be honest I haven't seen as much of him as I would maybe like to have so will leave the opinion for those that have. I think another loan will do him good though, another year to develop and learn when to make those gorgeous runs like in the video for that assist this weekend, and when to make the killer passes we have seen him make.

Personally think bringing a player like Jack into the team at the moment, is a player that will frustrate our already frustrated fans when passes aren't made that should be, or passes that go astray. His attitude is fantastic but he strikes me (admittedly only through his twitter posts) as somebody who may not deal with the frustration too well.

Top prospect though

I think if he was tearing a league up one would wonder why he wasn't playing for us. 

Well exactly. But some people are beginning to wonder why he isn't playing for us (or at least will be wondering why if he isn't next season). All I'm saying is that whilst he has had a relatively decent season he shouldnt get too far ahead of ourselves. Patience and another loan - perhaps in the Championship - will be good for him. I think Jack definitely has the potential to tear up a league and probably will do one day if we give him the time to develop properly.

• Like 1

I think if he was tearing a league up one would wonder why he wasn't playing for us. 

Well exactly. But some people are beginning to wonder why he isn't playing for us (or at least will be wondering why if he isn't next season). All I'm saying is that whilst he has had a relatively decent season he shouldnt get too far ahead of ourselves. Patience and another loan - perhaps in the Championship - will be good for him. I think Jack definitely has the potential to tear up a league and probably will do one day if we give him the time to develop properly.

While that is a valid arguement with a lot of merit there comes a time when you have to know if a player is good enough for the premiership or not. I see nothing wrong with giving him a few cameo's at the end of the season. I seriously doubt many if any villa fans would write him off or get on his back for a few bad passes. It certainly takes a lot more than that for us to get on a players back.

Playing in league one is all well and good but if hes good enough to have a go why not try him. There's no right formula here. For all we know playing at the level he is now could be hindering his development. I m not saying it is but its a valid an argument as saying he needs to play at a lower level.

Look at our youth team now. A lot of our promising players are in the 20-21 bracket while players for other teams younger than that have already been tried in the premiership. These lads should have been given a go a long time ago to see could they make the step up.

• Like 1

In my opinion the best way to improve is playing at the highest level you can handle. Playing in League One will only ever make him a League One player.

3rd round in the Norwegian league yesterday and last years champions Strømsgodset were struggling to get a goal and not score at home for the first time in 59 games, or something like that. The coach brought on a 15 year old for his debut with less than 20 minutes to go. The result? The kid showed no fear and the crowd loved it even though he made some poor choices at times. He got an assist after running past two defenders and in the end they won 2-0.

Now the kid is being hailed as the next big star. I guess you could argue it can be both a good and a bad thing. The pressure might get to him, etc. But how many "late bloomers" are there among the best players really? Most of them get's a chance at a young age and take it. If they don't they weren't going to make it in a big way anyway. 

• Like 1

Walcott signed for Arsenal in January 2006, he actually made his debut v us in August 2006.

I think Jack needs another loan. Bright prospect having a decent season.

33 Games for Notts, 5 goals and 4 assists, not a bad return in a struggling team but i'd like to see him tearing a league like that up and grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. Sheehan (22nd) and Campbell-Ryce (11th), both at Notts, register in the top of the table for assists this season.

I'll be honest I haven't seen as much of him as I would maybe like to have so will leave the opinion for those that have. I think another loan will do him good though, another year to develop and learn when to make those gorgeous runs like in the video for that assist this weekend, and when to make the killer passes we have seen him make.

Personally think bringing a player like Jack into the team at the moment, is a player that will frustrate our already frustrated fans when passes aren't made that should be, or passes that go astray. His attitude is fantastic but he strikes me (admittedly only through his twitter posts) as somebody who may not deal with the frustration too well.

Top prospect though

He needs to improve his long range shooting. Has he scored from long range this season? Does he shoot from long range? Good wingers get a few from distance. If he doesn't have this in his game his little moves in and around the box are going to get planned for by the opposition coach and he won't have a plan B. 

I don't see why people are saying loan him to the Championship next season when we bought some our players straight from League One.

Matthew Lowton had played 78 games for Sheffield Utd. Ashley Westwood had played 123 games for Crewe - and was their captain. These weren't just *any* League One players. They were players ready to make the step up. Grealish has played just 33 games at League One level and has much more to learn.

I don't see why people are saying loan him to the Championship next season when we bought some our players straight from League One.

Matthew Lowton had played 78 games for Sheffield Utd. Ashley Westwood had played 123 games for Crewe - and was their captain. These weren't just *any* League One players. They were players ready to make the step up. Grealish has played just 33 games at League One level and has much more to learn.

He'll be playing for us in the Championship next year the way were going!

Luke Shaw 0 appearances in lower league

Callum Chambers 0 appearances in lower league

James Milner 6 appearance in lower leagues

Everyone's development is different, but you never know how someone will perform without giving them a try. Have Jack around the team at the start of the season, if after a few appearances it shows he isn't ready get him back out on loan but he deserves te chance first.

• Like 1

Southampton have a different situation to be able to bring their youngsters into though. And this is from someone who is pissed off that Lambert isn't giving any of ours a chance.

As mikey said, Luke Shaw and Raheem Sterling have played 0 games in the Football League.

He's had this season on loan, let him play for Villa next season.

Edited by TRS-T

Sterling was played into a winning team that could get comfortable victories against lower half Premier League sides. Much less pressure on him. He was not required to win games single handed. 

This Villa side struggle against all teams. Grealish would immediately be expected to be the team's saviour.  I say that because right now these people are calling for him to be played in the first team.

Just like Weimann is expected to play like a 27-year-old seasoned professional but can't yet, Grealish will fail at that unreasonable expectation.

So much easier if he was at a winning team whose fans weren't desperate for someone, anyone, even an inexperienced academy player to win us the game.

• Like 3

Â