The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

People need to top relying on grealish so much. He is likely to not be here next season anyway so we need to find a winning formula without him regardless.

I don't buy this we missing grealish and tuanzebe. Axels been  good but he isn't the difference bween 10th and 2nd. He isn't even ours either!! 

Presumably we'd have a summer transfer window in order to replace him, which would make finding that correct formula a lot easier.

They made a huge difference—you can tell by watching what they did in the games. How many goals and opportunities came about from Jack doing something on another level to everyone else on the pitch in the buildup? Before Mings arrived those two players reduced the rough average age of our team by about 8 years too. We're an old, laboured team without them and we're a hell of a lot better balanced with them.

12 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Presumably we'd have a summer transfer window in order to replace him, which would make finding that correct formula a lot easier.

They made a huge difference—you can tell by watching what they did in the games. How many goals and opportunities came about from Jack doing something on another level to everyone else on the pitch in the buildup? Before Mings arrived those two players reduced the rough average age of our team by about 8 years too. We're an old, laboured team without them and we're a hell of a lot better balanced with them.

Yeah I would agree with that about the age of the squad. It's too old we all know that. 

But what is Hourihanes excuse? He isn't old but he is having a very poor season. 

I think we will be forced to sell grealish. Blose are talking about wanting 20m for Che Adams. If he is worth that then grealish is easily 35m

It's going to hurt when he leaves - I can't imagine him wearing another teams colours. He will look like John Terry in a Villa shirt! 

I just hope we get fair market value for him and we don't undervalue him in the market because he's been promised a move at the end of the season. Also for our sanity, I hope it doesn't drag on all summer long.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

People need to top relying on grealish so much. He is likely to not be here next season anyway so we need to find a winning formula without him regardless.

I don't buy this we missing grealish and tuanzebe. Axels been  good but he isn't the difference bween 10th and 2nd. He isn't even ours either!! 

I know you don't like Smith and you'll use any stick you can find to beat him with, but to say we dont miss Grealish and Tuanzebe is crazy talk. Losing two players of this quality (the former being the best player in the championship) is likely to be tough for any manager to cope with. 

We miss them both badly, Grealish especially. I wish we didnt, I wish our squad was as good as some on here think, but we do. We're an awful side without Grealish in paticular. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The longer this goes on the less likely anyone is going to spend serious money on him! Every cloud.....

I can clutch onto those straws a little longer, hopefully like Benteke when he stopped after being injured for most the second part of the season,

I think there is a lot more to this injury than has been stated by the club.

Personally don't think he will be back playing full time this season. It's going to take him a while to get match fit, plus they won't want to over exert him in 90 minute games.

I would imagine he signed his contract in the summer with a promise that he would be sold if we don't acheive promotion so I would imagine even if his injury record decreases his value he will still be sold.

Depressing.com

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know you don't like Smith and you'll use any stick you can find to beat him with, but to say we dont miss Grealish and Tuanzebe is crazy talk. Losing two players of this quality (the former being the best player in the championship) is likely to be tough for any manager to cope with. 

We miss them both badly, Grealish especially. I wish we didnt, I wish our squad was as good as some on here think, but we do. We're an awful side without Grealish in paticular. 

I don't actually mind Smith I haven't called for his head but I have openly critised him for his recent poor form and I feel rightly so. It's been poor. 

We still have enough talent in this squad to have won more than we have without grealish. Its sad that a lot of our fans have accepted we are a one man team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

The longer this goes on the less likely anyone is going to spend serious money on him! Every cloud.....

Yeaah great, We can pay him 50 grand a week to sit on his arse at home for half of next year too, Can't wait.

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't actually mind Smith I haven't called for his head but I have openly critised him for his recent poor form and I feel rightly so. It's been poor. 

We still have enough talent in this squad to have won more than we have without grealish. Its sad that a lot of our fans have accepted we are a one man team. 

Really?  I look at the talent we have had available and come to the complete opposite conclusion, there is no pace, hardly any talent on the ball, and the more talented players like Kodjia have lost their physical attributes through past injuries.  I think Axel and Jack being injured at the same time has robbed us of Smith's ideal of attacking from the back as well as defending from the front.  God knows what is happening with Jack's injury but it is costing us hugely.

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

There is more to this injury than meets the eye. Smith didn't look at all comfortable talking about it in the press conference, 

Bearing in mind there's only 13 games left, it doesn't bode well for him to be featuring in many.

If I was a typically morose Brummie, I'd pick 1 appearance in the "How many more" sweepstake. It'll be the last 5 minutes of the last game. And he'll be clapping and waving a lot at all four sides of the ground.

Â