The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Nobody mentioned the fact that he's expected back (in some capacity) on Saturday?

Keeps changing, last I saw was that Saturday would be too soon and more likely next week.

Also wondering what the status is with Tuanzebe as I saw near end of this month mentioned last month I believe.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Keeps changing, last I saw was that Saturday would be too soon and more likely next week.

Also wondering what the status is with Tuanzebe as I saw near end of this month mentioned last month I believe.

I think United have to approve when he can play again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

At least you'll like him again Saturday  ! We're not fickle n all that shizz... 😂

I've already said, he's our best player. By a billion miles our best player. I also said that my admiration for him has dissipated, which in no way means I dislike him as your post suggests.

But, having a best player is pointless if he misses so many games. Do you disagree?

His injuries seem to be freak accidents, it's just a huge shame he will probably leave this summer having never given us a season of playing without a major injury. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because it's not his fault if he gets injured, so I can't see how you could hold it against him.

Well of course it matters. His value to us is completely different if he plays all the time.

Whether it's his fault that he's injured makes no difference whatsoever.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because it's not his fault if he gets injured, so I can't see how you could hold it against him.

What is the relevance of whose fault it is? 

Messi is the greatest player the world has ever seen. But if he misses three months every season, he's of less use to Barca. 

Jack is our best player, but has missed three months in the last two seasons. Thus limiting his use to us.

I don't really understand what the difference of opinion is here.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

What is the relevance of whose fault it is? 

Messi is the greatest player the world has ever seen. But if he misses three months every season, he's of less use to Barca. 

Jack is our best player, but has missed three months in the last two seasons. Thus limiting his use to us.

I don't really understand what the difference of opinion is here.

The difference between someone saying that they think that a good player isn't that useful for the team when injured (or if often injured), and someone saying that their love for the player is diminished - or that they like him less - because of his injuries? Seriously? Then again, I might not really understand the nuances of the English language*.

* or the way VillaTalk works

8 hours ago, TB said:

The difference between someone saying that they think that a good player isn't that useful for the team when injured (or if often injured), and someone saying that their love for the player is diminished - or that they like him less - because of his injuries? Seriously? Then again, I might not really understand the nuances of the English language*.

* or the way VillaTalk works

Maybe this is nuance. 

I don't know Jack, and although he seems like a nice guy, (the donation to the young boy that is poorly was a lovely gesture), I don't know him.

I was just saying I don't think he's much use to us missing three months a season. If he would sign a ten year contract tomorrow, I'd give it him. He's one of us to the bone, it's just a shame his time with us is so injury ravaged which detracts from his value to us.

People need to top relying on grealish so much. He is likely to not be here next season anyway so we need to find a winning formula without him regardless.

I don't buy this we missing grealish and tuanzebe. Axels been  good but he isn't the difference bween 10th and 2nd. He isn't even ours either!! 

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People need to top relying on grealish so much. He is likely to not be here next season anyway so we need to find a winning formula without him regardless.

I don't buy this we missing grealish and tuanzebe. Axels been  good but he isn't the difference bween 10th and 2nd. He isn't even ours either!! 

I think our reliance on Grealish is a means to an end.

Smith is struggling to get his ideas across to this group of players yet he needs victories to allow him the time to build the team we will need next season.

Unfortunately it seems the only way we can win is with him in the team atm, so we need him desperately so we can lose our reliance on him, if that makes sense?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We were never 2nd

• Like 2

Â