The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Doubt we'll make it to the play-offs now, but I really do think when he's back to 100%, we'll look loads better.

It only takes a couple of passing moves for the confidence to spread through the team. They'll all be showing for the ball once Jack has shown them how to do it.

Desperate for him on the bench v Baggage.

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why would anyone care about that? They know what he can do.

Well nobody met a £25m valuation while he was tearing the league up and now his release clause is apparently around £40m, but he hasn't been able to do anything to raise his stock.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it depends on how much we get. For 30m we can really build some quality. 

Hopefully, but Kalinic and the new right back will be the best part of £10m between them.  £30m can be squandered quite quickly, as we know, and we need a lot of players.  Hopefully Smith and Suso have a big list of potential signings already.  I think the best we can hope for when Jack comes back is a load of improved team performances that take the pressure off Smith as he could easily be a defeated man before the rebuild takes place, and we will end up back at square one.

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hopefully, but Kalinic and the new right back will be the best part of £10m between them.  £30m can be squandered quite quickly, as we know, and we need a lot of players.  Hopefully Smith and Suso have a big list of potential signings already.  I think the best we can hope for when Jack comes back is a load of improved team performances that take the pressure off Smith as he could easily be a defeated man before the rebuild takes place, and we will end up back at square one.

If we had Bruce in charge then yes. But Smith has shown he can work with small budgets in the past. I'm hopeful on this. 

We have already paid for those two so it doesn't really matter. Prices in summer are alit cheaper than in January so I'm not worried as I don't think we have the same fool's like under xia

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

His injury record is also pretty bad guys, I'd say he's a major risk for anyone considering bidding £20M+.

Not saying that will prevent him from leaving this summer but it will surely be factored in by most clubs.

I agree. He picks up lengthy injuries very easily. I think a lot of clubs will be reluctant to pay that money for him. 

Bonus for us

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree. He picks up lengthy injuries very easily. I think a lot of clubs will be reluctant to pay that money for him. 

Bonus for us

Hopefully this is true Dem.  At least to get another season

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Bonus for us

Not if he is not in the team its not.

Any player that spends a lot of time on the treatment table ( talking generally now not just jack) might as well be at another club.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t believe we are talking about being upset if he leaves. I just want to bloody see him play some more games this season. Let alone anything else. 

If we could get our recruitment right....it wouldn't matter who left and we would never be held over a barrel.

as a quick reference -

Bristol City had Jonathan Kodjia, scoring well for them, sold him to us for decent money....get in Tammy on loan scores over 20 for them ( blimey we thought we had hit the jack pot with Tammy, but he was at Bristol before us ) then they sign Famara Diedhiou.

My point is one good striker goes they just get another one of similar quality....we just cough and splutter and take 5/6 hits before we get a decent one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

If Jack leaves before we get promoted them I think we'll be here for quite a while. 

I think that is an indictment of where the club truly is.

Even with him and players like John Terry and Robert Snodgrass in the team.... we still couldn't get out.

"Names" will never get us out of this division....what players do, will.

I have seen low profile players from other teams .....control the ball, pass and move, find a man, close down, run,chase harry.....all the attributes needed to get out of this division and have not necessarily made a name for themselves.

We need to take a long ,hard look at what we have and who we are.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

My love-in for Jack has dissipated greatly. He's our best player, but has missed multiple months in the seasons in which he's been an established player with us.

Like others have said, if he's not playing, he's of no use to us.

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's our best player, but has missed multiple months in the seasons in which he's been an established player with us.

Like others have said, if he's not playing, he's of no use to us.

As great as Jack is, I cannot argue with this one bit.

Â