The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 11/02/2019 at 12:12, Nigel said:

Sorry to jump in but we won't be keeping either, whatever division we are in.

Edit- not on permanent contracts 

Another loan would be fine if we’re up. You can’t build a whole team at once but you can have some loans while trying to scout who would be replacing those. 

The worrying is to lose the likes of Jack and McGin who we can’t find the same quality easily. Actually we might not be able to attract anyone like them here. Well we got McGin in the first place but it won’t always happen this way.

18 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Another loan would be fine if we’re up. You can’t build a whole team at once but you can have some loans while trying to scout who would be replacing those. 

The worrying is to lose the likes of Jack and McGin who we can’t find the same quality easily. Actually we might not be able to attract anyone like them here. Well we got McGin in the first place but it won’t always happen this way.

Players like Beuendia Of Norwich (22) are out there.

Its just finding them and blending them that has so far eluded us in the last 10 years.

We need a good young Argentinian/Brazillian in the middle, they usually have a bit of guile and nous.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its just finding them and blending them that has so far eluded us in the last 10 years.

They are out there. Obviously you never quite know if they will work out but when you think that Buendia and McGinn would form the start of a pretty good midfield for anyone and the pair of them cost roughly what we have paid Richards & Lansbury to sit on their arses for a year

• Like 1

The lad I sit next to at work is a Norwich fan and he reckons it all comes down to Farke. Some very astute signings and his use of the youth players has made Norwich this good. Its a culmination of players that has clicked with youth of Cantwell, Buendia, Aarons and Lewis mixed well with the experienced pros of Krul, Vrancic, Pukki, Hernandez and Klose. 

Ugh even contemplating how many would get into the Villa team would be depressing.

Still Grealish would out do them all! 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We need a good young Argentinian/Brazillian in the middle, they usually have a bit of guile and nous.

For every Buendia, Pukki or McGinn you can get 5 or 6 versions of Tonev or Helenius

3 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

The lad I sit next to at work is a Norwich fan and he reckons it all comes down to Farke. Some very astute signings and his use of the youth players has made Norwich this good. Its a culmination of players that has clicked with youth of Cantwell, Buendia, Aarons and Lewis mixed well with the experienced pros of Krul, Vrancic, Pukki, Hernandez and Klose. 

Ugh even contemplating how many would get into the Villa team would be depressing.

I agree, he seems to be a very good judge of a player and how they fit into his team. Norwich are impressive as a whole,  not sure about the same players if they were scattered around at different clubs though?

This type of team building works well at the lower levels I think.

In a similar way to Wagner at Huddersfield, the premier league may well be his undoing...

6 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

He's got a great scouting network by all accounts.  They've recently signed an 18 year old called William Hondermarck from Drogheda in Ireland.  My brother in law is the chairman of Drogheda, and says he's one of the brightest prospects he's ever seen.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

So important to us it’s painful that he’ll be off. Remember when he wasn’t doing enough and should have been dropped?

Fine by me, we have to move on from him, we need to reinvest massively and his fee will be key to that. We also need to be in a situation where our season doesn't go to shit because he's injured. He's been great for us but there's no reason why we can't sell him and improve as a result, just like Norwich have done after losing some of their best players of late.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fine by me, we have to move on from him, we need to reinvest massively and his fee will be key to that. We also need to be in a situation where our season doesn't go to shit because he's injured. He's been great for us but there's no reason why we can't sell him and improve as a result, just like Norwich have done after losing some of their best players of late.

That is true. Depends what we invest in but I’m really not positive on that front at the moment.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

but there's no reason why we can't sell him and improve as a result, just like Norwich have done after losing some of their best players of late.

I doubt this will happen. A few months ago, the presence of Grealish made us look like a competent team. He manages to make up for the inadequacies of the rest of the squad by terrifying the opponents and making acres of space. Even **** Hourihane looked alright.

We'll get a few slightly less shite versions of players we already have, but there's no replacing Jack.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

They are out there. Obviously you never quite know if they will work out but when you think that Buendia and McGinn would form the start of a pretty good midfield for anyone and the pair of them cost roughly what we have paid Richards & Lansbury to sit on their arses for a year

now we are getting warm....in terms of our problems.....its going to take years to sort out.

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I doubt this will happen. A few months ago, the presence of Grealish made us look like a competent team. He manages to make up for the inadequacies of the rest of the squad by terrifying the opponents and making acres of space. Even **** Hourihane looked alright.

We'll get a few slightly less shite versions of players we already have, but there's no replacing Jack.

Plus, he's an entertainer. The type of player you love to watch as he glides across the turf. Will be gutted when he goes.

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

do you mean like Sheff Utd away?

We haven't had a complete team for years and years and years.

He is a player we are well and truly missing, granted....should we go to this level tonight without him, I am not so sure.....you can't allow your game( as a player) to disintegrate even with your best player missing....you dig in.

Â