sir_gary_cahill

Jack Grealish

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We need stability, we don’t want to be a yo-yo club, if it means one more year in The Championship then so be it. We’re building for the long term in my opinion 

Burnley and WBA yoyo'd for a few years before they established themselves in the top flight for a good run. As long as you keep the nucleus of a good squad together that's the main thing. 

And what's to say we'd come straight down anyway? 

We can sign Abraham and Tuanzebe, Grealish would stay. We'd lose those 3 and probably McGinn too if we don't go up this year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Junxs said:

 

We can sign Abraham and Tuanzebe, Grealish would stay.

Sorry to jump in but we won't be keeping either, whatever division we are in.

Edit- not on permanent contracts 

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Sorry to jump in but we won't be keeping either, whatever division we are in.

Edit- not on permanent contracts 

Sadly, I think you are correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Burnley and WBA yoyo'd for a few years before they established themselves in the top flight for a good run. As long as you keep the nucleus of a good squad together that's the main thing. 

And what's to say we'd come straight down anyway? 

We can sign Abraham and Tuanzebe, Grealish would stay. We'd lose those 3 and probably McGinn too if we don't go up this year. 

 

You think we can afford Tuanzebe and Abraham on permanent contracts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

If we're in the PL? Absolutely. 

Even then it would be stretching the budget in my opinion and I doubt either of their parent clubs would let them go permanently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grealish will be allowed to leave in the summer.

He will hand in a transfer request if he isn’t allowed to leave.

Quote this in the summer.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

 

He will hand in a transfer request if he isn’t allowed to leave.

 

No chance. Players lose so much financially by doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

No chance. Players lose so much financially by doing so.

He wants premier league football next season he also wants to be in contention for England.

We will allow him to leave otherwise he will try to force the move. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2019 at 13:17, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t feed the troll, mate.

Grealish literally transforms our team to the point even players like Hourihane look good. He’s a cracking talent and I doubt we’ll be accepting anything less than 30m for him in the summer.

With players like Jedinak, Taylor, Whelan etc. off the books in the summer, it will free up money to give to Jack. That and the massive Adidas kit deal we’ll no doubt be signing.

With regards to FFP, I genuinely don’t understand how we’re not in serious trouble with it already. We have obviously found a loophole or paid someone off so I’m certainly not worried about that being the stumbling block in keeping him. 

 

OK so as facts & stats are apparently all meaningless. Let's see what happens when opinion is considered.

Given that he "literally transforms our team" Surely he is man of the match every week, or at least close.

Now i'm not talking about some corporate shite here, Who better to judge than you, the Villatalk faithfull. 

So here we go.....

All of the figures below are taken from the ratings & reactions threads on this very forum.

Now as a goalscorer will usually get a high proportion of the votes i have also included where you voted him each game in relation to every single player that received votes for that match. Where 2/3 & even 4 players have received the same number of votes i have placed him the highest possible.

Hull : Total Votes=154  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: Joint 3rd/10
Wigan : Total Votes=159  Grealish Votes=8  Position of all players voted for: 3/5
Ipswich : Total Votes=81  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: 2/9
Brentford : Total Votes=184  Grealish Votes=7  Position of all players voted for: 3/10
Reading : Total Votes=91  Grealish Votes=2  Position of all players voted for: Joint 8/11
Sheff Utd : Total Votes=99  Grealish Votes=7  Position of all players voted for: 3/12
Blackburn : Total Votes=103  Grealish Votes=1  Position of all players voted for: Joint 7/8
Rotherham : Total Votes=124  Grealish Votes=4  Position of all players voted for: Joint 7/11
Sheff Wed : Total Votes=126  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 4/9
Bristol City : Total Votes=78  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 2/6
Preston : Total Votes=119  Grealish Votes=5  Position of all players voted for: Joint 8/13
Millwall : Total Votes=60  Grealish Votes=4  Position of all players voted for: 6/12
Swansea : Total Votes=174  Grealish Votes=1  Position of all players voted for: joint 7/9
Norwich : Total Votes=123  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: 2/9
QPR : Total Votes=97  Grealish Votes=45  Position of all players voted for: 1/8 *MOTM
Bolton : Total Votes=148  Grealish Votes=32  Position of all players voted for: 2/11
Derby : Total Votes=153  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 5/10
B'Ham : Total Votes=213  Grealish Votes=26  Position of all players voted for: 3/11
N.Forest : Total Votes=159  Grealish Votes=2  Position of all players voted for: 4/5
Boro : Total Votes=181  Grealish Votes=10  Position of all players voted for: Joint 5/11
W.Brom : Total Votes=165  Grealish Votes=0  Position of all players voted for: No Votes Received


That gives a total of 199/2791 or 7.13% of all votes cast.

 

That is a grand total of 1 MOTM you have voted for, 4 second place & 5 third place.

in 21 games, You the people have not even voted for him being one of the best 3 players in our team in 11 of the games.

Only 4 times has he received more than 10% of the vote, Surely our best player who is apparently vital to every bit of our success should be standing out more than this.

Like i said, he has had about 5 decent games and rather strangely it seems that most people agree.

Guess he can cancel the plans to bottle his ball sweat now as there will not be as many takers as first thought.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted".

William Bruce Cameron, (Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking).

(Edit: For everyone out there that blindly and desperately resorts to statistics as their sole means of proving their point. No names mentioned.)

Edited by TB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

OK so as facts & stats are apparently all meaningless. Let's see what happens when opinion is considered.

Given that he "literally transforms our team" Surely he is man of the match every week, or at least close.

Now i'm not talking about some corporate shite here, Who better to judge than you, the Villatalk faithfull. 

So here we go.....

All of the figures below are taken from the ratings & reactions threads on this very forum.

Now as a goalscorer will usually get a high proportion of the votes i have also included where you voted him each game in relation to every single player that received votes for that match. Where 2/3 & even 4 players have received the same number of votes i have placed him the highest possible.

Hull : Total Votes=154  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: Joint 3rd/10
Wigan : Total Votes=159  Grealish Votes=8  Position of all players voted for: 3/5
Ipswich : Total Votes=81  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: 2/9
Brentford : Total Votes=184  Grealish Votes=7  Position of all players voted for: 3/10
Reading : Total Votes=91  Grealish Votes=2  Position of all players voted for: Joint 8/11
Sheff Utd : Total Votes=99  Grealish Votes=7  Position of all players voted for: 3/12
Blackburn : Total Votes=103  Grealish Votes=1  Position of all players voted for: Joint 7/8
Rotherham : Total Votes=124  Grealish Votes=4  Position of all players voted for: Joint 7/11
Sheff Wed : Total Votes=126  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 4/9
Bristol City : Total Votes=78  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 2/6
Preston : Total Votes=119  Grealish Votes=5  Position of all players voted for: Joint 8/13
Millwall : Total Votes=60  Grealish Votes=4  Position of all players voted for: 6/12
Swansea : Total Votes=174  Grealish Votes=1  Position of all players voted for: joint 7/9
Norwich : Total Votes=123  Grealish Votes=12  Position of all players voted for: 2/9
QPR : Total Votes=97  Grealish Votes=45  Position of all players voted for: 1/8 *MOTM
Bolton : Total Votes=148  Grealish Votes=32  Position of all players voted for: 2/11
Derby : Total Votes=153  Grealish Votes=3  Position of all players voted for: Joint 5/10
B'Ham : Total Votes=213  Grealish Votes=26  Position of all players voted for: 3/11
N.Forest : Total Votes=159  Grealish Votes=2  Position of all players voted for: 4/5
Boro : Total Votes=181  Grealish Votes=10  Position of all players voted for: Joint 5/11
W.Brom : Total Votes=165  Grealish Votes=0  Position of all players voted for: No Votes Received


That gives a total of 199/2791 or 7.13% of all votes cast.

 

That is a grand total of 1 MOTM you have voted for, 4 second place & 5 third place.

in 21 games, You the people have not even voted for him being one of the best 3 players in our team in 11 of the games.

Only 4 times has he received more than 10% of the vote, Surely our best player who is apparently vital to every bit of our success should be standing out more than this.

Like i said, he has had about 5 decent games and rather strangely it seems that most people agree.

Guess he can cancel the plans to bottle his ball sweat now as there will not be as many takers as first thought.

does he not make other players play better? Couldn't you take overall player ratings when Grealish isn't playing and see that the average player rating has gone down?

Or that the number of actual votes for man of the match is down by a huge percentage because when Grealish isn't playing we don't win and when we don't win there are fewer players worth voting for, or the player voted for is stupidly unanimous because the rest of the team is so sh*te.

I don't have these stats, but it's surprising what you can dig up to make a point.

I agree though he doesn't score as much as he should or get the assists he should, but he draws defenders to him, pulls teams out of shape, we get a huge number of free kicks because of him being fouled - some of those we score from. He must up our possession stats, so reduces the time the opposition can attack us, he gets into space and plays in a lot of other players allowing the likes of McGinn and others to play more useful football?




  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

does he not make other players play better? Couldn't you take overall player ratings when Grealish isn't playing and see that the average player rating has gone down?

Or that the number of actual votes for man of the match is down by a huge percentage because when Grealish isn't playing we don't win and when we don't win there are fewer players worth voting for, or the player voted for is stupidly unanimous because the rest of the team is so sh*te.

I don't have these stats, but it's surprising what you can dig up to make a point.

I agree though he doesn't score as much as he should or get the assists he should, but he draws defenders to him, pulls teams out of shape, we get a huge number of free kicks because of him being fouled - some of those we score from. He must up our possession stats, so reduces the time the opposition can attack us, he gets into space and plays in a lot of other players allowing the likes of McGinn and others to play more useful football?



 

I agree that he does do everything that you say he does and I think Jack is an awesome player but I believe that we rely far to heavily on him. I think that once he goes in the summer it'll benefit both parties and Jack can go on and develop his career. Thanks for everything JG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Or that the number of actual votes for man of the match is down by a huge percentage because when Grealish isn't playing we don't win and when we don't win there are fewer players worth voting for, or the player voted for is stupidly unanimous because the rest of the team is so sh*te.
 

Those vote numbers are only for the 21 games he has started, so he played in all of them. No point judging him in games he hasn't played through injury.

He played the full 90 minutes in 16 of them, was subbed off in the 83rd minute vs hull & swansea, 90th minute bolton, 87th minute WBA & 46th minute reading

Edited by LakotaDakota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Junxs said:

Burnley and WBA yoyo'd for a few years before they established themselves in the top flight for a good run. As long as you keep the nucleus of a good squad together that's the main thing. 

And what's to say we'd come straight down anyway? 

We can sign Abraham and Tuanzebe, Grealish would stay. We'd lose those 3 and probably McGinn too if we don't go up this year. 

 

we have just yo'd

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is we dont have any players similar to Jack, in case he is out. We dont have that many players taking on the opposition from midfield, instead they are trying to pass leaving our attackers with to mant defenders to handle by themselves. We need midfielders who dare to take the long and deep runs from midfield through the holes in the opponets defence pulling them from each other and leaving them with more people to handle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mazrim said:

If we're in the PL? Absolutely. 

Tuanzebe starts for United next season in my opinion. He's the real deal. Their CB'S aren't the best to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2019 at 11:09, screwdriver said:

Personally if my job was on the line and he was leaving anyway at the end of the seaons I'd give him a pain killing injection and throw him in.

Just like we did with the goalie in the champions league final...and look how that ended up.

We've never been in a Champions' League final. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2019 at 11:09, screwdriver said:

Personally if my job was on the line and he was leaving anyway at the end of the seaons I'd give him a pain killing injection and throw him in.

Just like we did with the goalie in the European Cup final...and look how that ended up.

I thought Spink replaced him instead?

p.s - FTFY

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites